forum

I cannot pass maps *4 or higher

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SupertCZ
Hello,

I have little problem.. Is it normal that I play osu! for 6 months and when I trying to do 4* maps I can't do them? I try several of them for like 15 minutes and then I have luck and I pass them. I saw other people do them after 3 months and I'm really in depression that I'm that bad. Is it normal? >:(

Thanks for replies.
KupcaH
Keep calm and play more.
Hibiya-chan
Nah those peeps are just used to the game in an early stage or multi account but normally basing in your pp you should master 3* then you'll nvr notice you can do 4* constantly in no time.
Roricon
Nah, I had 12k playcount when i started 4 stars and I still can't do alot of them properly.
Topic Starter
SupertCZ
Ok, I will try to do my best :) Thanks!
Ziarivy
Everyone learns and gains skill at their own pace. I wasn't able to do 4 star maps until about 50 hours of playtime, while another friend could do them in less than a week of playing.
If you want the lame answer (but most accurate one) everyone gives, just play more. And more. And then some more.

Besides that, you can save replays of songs you don't perform well, whether it's passed with a C or failed, and see what you have issues on and find ways to work on and improve them.

Another big thing that can inhibit your ability to improve is tensing up too much. When you get nervous and in turn stressed, your muscles tense up to prepare for the stressful event, such as in osu! when a song begins to pick up pace or there are long sections of spread out jumps. There's really nothing you can do to control this; you just need to play and practice until you no longer tense up during difficult parts.

I hope I helped at least a little. If I didn't, message me and I'll try to go more in depth.

Or ignore me and listen to more experienced people, which also works quite well.
Topic Starter
SupertCZ
I don't ignore anyone who's trying to help me. I'm stressful sometimes and I know my muscles hurt after song. When I trying to release them it helps a lot.The worst is speed because I when I do streams I pressing K1 and K2 too fast and the only thing I see is - " 300, 300, 300, 100, 50, 50, X, X, X - FAILED". It's better now. Today a made two maps 4* with C and B ranks. That's pretty good for me. :) Thanks for trying me help. I really appriciate it.
[Momo]
Got same problem but with 5 stars

Thing is i can almost 5 star a 5 star map with DT but no mod i can barely pass some 4.8 stars even :/
[woo]
I can barely S 2-2.8* maps. Consider yourself lucky!
I Give Up
All you need is believe.

And good diet, plenty sleep and exercise.
-Makishima S-
You are not supposed to, it's all ok.

Play more