forum

[web] Start Game button on the website.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +20
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
Putting in a start game button so that when you click on it, osu! will launch from the website.

Maybe I'm just lazy to click somewhere else and maybe it's easier for some people to troubleshoot.

somepeople: Oh you've got a problem? Wait a sec lemme open up osu! real quick...

Shouldn't be hard as osu!direct button does the same thing. And I'm sure most people open up the site with osu! every time they play anyway...
Caput Mortuum

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Shouldn't be hard as osu!direct button does the same thing. And I'm sure most people open up the site with osu! every time they play anyway...
I thought I was alone
xannybars_old
Good Idea! I with you all way!
Winnie
or have a macro on the side of your mouse that when you click on it. It'll open osu! the more you know. Takes longer to go on the website and launch the damn game :?
Sandy Hoey
This is completely unnecessary. It is not less convenient to click on a desktop icon and open up a browser than what you describe. In fact, I would think it is faster because osu! can start up while you are logging into the website
Pawsu
Totally unnecessary.
Underforest
Nope, not needed. It's too hard to create a desktop shortcut?
Bara-
I have it locked on the menubar om the bottom of the screen (works on Both Windows/Mac). It requires 1 click, as opposed to opening the browser and such
It's a no for me
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

Sandy Hoey wrote:

This is completely unnecessary. It is not less convenient to click on a desktop icon and open up a browser than what you describe. In fact, I would think it is faster because osu! can start up while you are logging into the website
I'm always logged in.

Also I'm talking about the case that you already has the site opened.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

iWinnie wrote:

or have a macro on the side of your mouse that when you click on it. It'll open osu! the more you know. Takes longer to go on the website and launch the damn game :?
Have fun doing that on a basic mouse. Also your internet must be shit.

You do realise people use more basic mouse than gaming mouse, right? The more you know.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

Underforest wrote:

Nope, not needed. It's too hard to create a desktop shortcut?
No it's not. Actually, osu! installs with the Shortcut for us.

But I'll have to go to the Desktop now, don't I?
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

Bara- wrote:

I have it locked on the menubar om the bottom of the screen (works on Both Windows/Mac). It requires 1 click, as opposed to opening the browser and such
It's a no for me
True.
Bara-
Please don't quintuple (?) post
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

Bara- wrote:

Quadruple.
Bara-
Fair enough
DeletedUser_6585630
Yes please. It would be neat if it was assigned to the osu! logo on the new site (optional, of course). Bonus if it takes you straight to your beatmap list.
Seijiro

Bara- wrote:

Really, learn how to multiple quote in the same post please. I don't really want to waste time on doing something you should be doing yourself so consider it a warning (with possible silence if I see it again)

Bara- wrote:

It's a no for me
Dude, really, either if you have the site opened or not it takes 2 split seconds to open it that way with no additional waste of time for developers to code this stuff. Try to put yourself in their shoes, and not only yours, since you have the solution to your problem already.
NaTha
oke now this is very very cool
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
EDIT: Sorry.
Seijiro
Thanks for actually reading what I write with the appropriate mindset.

My whole point was that you have the solution to your problem already, without any additional coding from the developers:

Now tell me what need do you have for the feature you're suggesting...
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

MrSergio wrote:

Thanks for actually reading what I write with the appropriate mindset.

My whole point was that you have the solution to your problem already, without any additional coding from the developers

Now tell me what need do you have for the feature you're suggesting...
My weak argument would be that I use Rainmeter and hide my taskbar, never using it again. :)