forum

Stuck in 18k

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Florrow
been stuck here for a while and i cant pass through this rank.
im playing everyday and not playing for pp.
im playing many different maps and i play frequently.
Yuudachi-kun
If you're not playing for pp how are you going to gain ranks
Topic Starter
Florrow

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

If you're not playing for pp how are you going to gain ranks
by not playing for pp i meant not retrying maps 10 thousand times
Zain Sugieres
your top scores are farm maps which means your actual skill is probably lower rank than you actually are and you just hit a wall that you will break when you improve to the skill level of your rank
Topic Starter
Florrow

Zain Sugieres wrote:

your top scores are farm maps which means your actual skill is probably lower rank than you actually are and you just hit a wall that you will break when you improve to the skill level of your rank
ok well which maps do you consider as being skillfull plays ?
Endaris

:D
dung eater
it takes effort to get less bad. notice how shit you are from the small mistakes you do that make up the bad player you are. then work on correcting those small mistakes to become a slightly less bad player. you will make results outshining your current self very easily after a long while of actually working on getting good at this game.
Frikandel
I farmed my way up with all the DT meme farm maps and I'm still doing that. When I hit 5kpp my aim and reading was no better then someone with 3k pp and I would very often lose in multiplayer against much lower ranks.

I spent almost a year trying to improve those things and literally, FINALLY, I am seeing serious results. It's not fun to be stuck on a rank for a long time but, just take a step back and care less about your pp and your rank, you will climb back up eventually. Or get bored and play a different game.
NeXt4r_
just pratice, maybe play daidai
dGeist

Florrow wrote:

been stuck here for a while and i cant pass through this rank.
im playing everyday and not playing for pp.
im playing many different maps and i play frequently.
well, could be worse.
You could be a guy that is stuck at 52k at 2 months and poor acc at the same time.
I play everyday too and I mostly play od8 maps only to try to improve my skill.....
kurodahatsuharu
Well i stuck at 45k rank. (Don't bother look at my ranked playlist, just pure grinding PP shit).
I hate my life.
7ambda
Random fcs are meant to happen by chance, not because you expect to fc something when you're "not playing for pp." By that logic, you're actually playing for pp instead of not worrying about rank.
Sayorie
I'm "stuck" in 15k but I'm having fun here.

Nah, not actually stuck. Just not playing that often right now.
Railey2

F1r3tar wrote:

Random fcs are meant to happen by chance, not because you expect to fc something when you're "not playing for pp." By that logic, you're actually playing for pp instead of not worrying about rank.
by that logic, everything playing anything that is not unranked or miles below your skill-level, is playing for pp, making the distinction between playing and not playing for pp almost useless.

you don't seem witty when you fuck around with language like that. Being overly literal is rarely something that leads to new insights. It's mostly annoying. Also, playing for pp and not worrying about rank aren't mutually exclusive, no matter what your definition of "playing for pp" is.
Bauxe
Being stuck at a rank means you are improving, because as other people gain PP, so do you to stay at the same rank.
I Give Up
Just because your rank is stuck or gets worse does not mean you are losing skill, it simply means others are passing you even though you are slowly getting better.
Zain Sugieres

Railey2 wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

by that logic, everything playing anything that is not unranked or miles below your skill-level, is playing for pp, making the distinction between playing and not playing for pp almost useless.

you don't seem witty when you fuck around with language like that. Being overly literal is rarely something that leads to new insights. It's mostly annoying. Also, playing for pp and not worrying about rank aren't mutually exclusive, no matter what your definition of "playing for pp" is.
So technically if I play DT pensamento that I can barely pass, I'm playing for pp?
Railey2

Zain Sugieres wrote:

So technically if I play DT pensamento that I can barely pass, I'm playing for pp?
According to f1r3tar, as long as you could get a lucky FC, yes

realistically, no.

playing stuff you can barely pass is not playing for pp
Endaris
Then again, playing Yoiyami Hanabi isn't playing for pp either when we talk about Zain because he can barely pass it. *shots fired*
Railey2
oh damn

SPOILER
I got a 1000 combo on it but never passed it