show more
10nya
ohoooooooo
sahuang
Shiguma
NO MORE DQ's PLEASE
Irreversible

Hollow Wings wrote:

"protential chinese mappers 4 + 1 swiss mapper" tried qualifying maps with their common spirit leader LKs who named it.
fixed 8-)
Spork Lover
GRATZ
Shiirn
here we go again
Flask

Hollow Wings wrote:

"protential chinese mappers 4" tried qualifying maps with their common spirit leader LKs who named it.
Len
hell yea
Bara-

Irreversible wrote:

Hollow Wings wrote:

"protential chinese mappers 4 + 1 swiss mapper" tried qualifying maps with their common spirit leader LKs who named it.
fixed 8-)
Poor Irre
Pata-Mon
nba
Izzywing
the normal is objectively the best diff :^)
Xilver15
On Flower's diff, is the pause on 00:52:900 - intentional? it felt kinda off and weird for having it there :o
raririn
NB
Adol Christin
看到大新闻了,恭喜恭喜
Hula
So. I really don't understand nearly anything that's going on in AXION_REBORN

But, I believe that 00:53:093 - has a missing object at the very least in AXION_REBORN because you're mapping like everything occasioanlly (which is completely unnecessary and not suitable for osu - this is a rhythm game not a orchestra simulator) Currently the gap you have here looks completely broken when there should be an object cos there's drums and synth stuff.

Edit: So, 00:27:587 - no object here? You're mapping the synth most of the time, but you start off the intense rhythm stuff with something which isn't even in the song. This should be a triple.

00:27:681 (3) - This is a terrible example of how to use a repeat slider. You put the clap on the middle of the slider whilst the slider head and tail land on blue ticks which are synths which are constantly 1/4 beats for several bars. I don't understand.

00:43:525 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,1) - This section in the song has constant 1/4 synth stuff, but that's like the least interesting part of this part of the song. You could do such good things by mixing in the drums with the synth stuff.

00:49:525 (1,2,3,4,1) - Overmap, no need for 1/8 sliders here. Sounds like we should be expecting a rollover sound, but we don't.

01:00:212 (7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This might look cool. But wtf. Going back on yourself in streams is ass. 01:00:681 (4,1) - I can hear in the song the justification for this, but it just doesn't fit. So, in this pattern you're mapping the piano, therefore why have you included in the same pattern this 01:00:400 (1,2,3) - this is not piano sounds part of the rhythm, yet you included it in the pattern making it look exactly the same as the rest which is confusing. The pattern should start at 01:00:681 (4) -

01:00:400 (1) - This should basically be a 1/2 slider because right now this pattern doesn't make sense.

Whilst we're at it, can you explain these jumps 01:34:525 (3,4,5) - So, there's a jump from 3 to 4 cos of a synth, but then there's a reduction in DS from 4 to 5 despite it being a drum and when you're listening to the song it is much more dominant than a subtle change in the synth stuff.

01:38:650 (1,2,3,4) - These are all practically the same sounds yet why have you spaced them like this? They should have equal spacing.
Shoga

Shiirn wrote:

here we go again
Fycho

Zero__wind wrote:

你扶老二又回来了
听说最近流行挖老图?
Topic Starter
Flower
To Hula:

Your "mod" is appreciated, but not taken. The map is good, and you should feel good.

Have fun.
-Kanzaki

Flower wrote:

Your "mod" is appreciated
Stjpa
You are supposed to give a proper answer.
Okoratu
Okay so:

A few points that Hula raised were also the thing that xilver wondered about. Given how the map is structured 00:52:900 - looks like you deleted something on accident. It looks pretty out of place given how the map is structured around more or less constant clicking.

Besides that, there aren't any replies to the following posts on this thread:
p/4879150
p/4888547
p/4885975

You even kudo'd a few of these posts and didn't tell anyone if and what you changed so I'm taking this down to sort this out properly before this moves on to ranked.
Pata-Mon
……
Kinomi

???则不呢又坠机
Shad0w1and
de移植权仙很棒哦!
Weber

Flower wrote:

Have fun.
7ambda
AltMirrorBell
??????????这都要rank了怎么突然dq
Topic Starter
Flower
I didn't delete anything on accident. I explained the modification to the nominators and they agreed. Besides I have good reason Hollow Wings and I have already replied to these posts.

If you have no valid reason then you shouldn't have involved yourself in this non-contributing dequalification. That's it.

Stjpa wrote:

You are supposed to give a proper answer.
So the mappers now have obligations to seriously and friendly reply a nonsense full of offensive words? Well said.
vipto

Flower wrote:

I didn't delete anything on accident. I explained the modification to the nominators and they agreed. Besides I have good reason Hollow Wings and I have already replied to these posts.

If you have no valid reason then you shouldn't have involved yourself in this non-contributing dequalification. That's it.
This map was disqualified because there are valid reasons; not because someone is holding a grudge against you.
Topic Starter
Flower

viptwo wrote:

This map was disqualified because there are valid reasons; not because someone is holding a grudge against you.

Edit: Or neither? How about neither? Because everyone loves me.
Shad0w1and

Flower wrote:

viptwo wrote:

Edit: Or neither? How about neither? Because everyone loves me.
fafa

edit: according to your guys' theory, all normal diffs should be unrankable because they compromised to the rhythm and there are some beats are unmapped.
you guys never think about this mapping could be considered creativity instead of disregard to the music.
and there are tons of people agree with Flower's mapping.
uhm if you could ever try to understand a mapper's rhythm decision beyond your standard.
Topic Starter
Flower
I didn't mean that nor support shadow's opinion. If anyone argue with him then it's off topic.
Shad0w1and
只是觉得你的NC越改越难看了。。。不如之前的好,你现在这样根本不好读了
01:26:181 - 这里这一大串NC改回去啊,现在的丑爆了。。。能打的玩家还是能打,不能打的叒比还是一脸2逼
01:21:775 (1,1,1,1) - 这几个NC怎么看怎么逗比。。。能打的依然能打。。不能打还是不能
01:57:400 (6) - 考虑NC
00:21:962 (5,6,7) - 应该和 00:21:400 (1,2,3) - 00:22:337 (8,9,10) - 一样的间距
01:34:056 (4,5) - 01:35:556 (1) - 这两段还是改成一样吧
Topic Starter
Flower
OK I have got the story behind it. No more hates then.
Hollow Wings

Sophia wrote:

Setting aside how hard it is to read, there are some things which just don't feel right with this mapset. I simply for the life of me cannot come to understand how, for example, in HW's EX, things like

01:12:775 (1,2,1,2,1,2) -

Are completely fine. It's practically a 1/4 fullscreen jump, when there are sections of the map that have a much shorter distance snap when they're 1/2 or similar. Distance snap seems to be something that was tossed out the window in a few of the difficulties. Even if it is fine for gimmicky reasons or mapping reasons I do not comprehend, a fullscreen 160bpm 1/4 jump doesn't really seem something we should be seeing in ranked mapsets. I suppose such things as basics kept in the wiki are not something that applies to popular, experient mappers. Or maybe the wiki just needs an overhaul. i don't see your exact point of why 160 1/4 jump is not fit to rank, otherwise it'll be not fit to rank anything breaking the distance snapping.

But what the hell, I'm no mapper and this is going to get ignored because I'm not good enough to play the difficulties regardless.

ecdonald wrote:

fmm...I'd like to have an opinion that we should just wait Hollow Wings but try to do reading comprehension her map and pick up some issues which is expected to help improving map actually with valid reason as much as possible before our be too belligerent. I think HW will explain the theory of HW's EX since, according to her user page, her mapping style is making objective sense.

It is hard too comprehend HW's EX for my skill, but I found one point to be a little worried about. just suggestion.

00:37:900 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I couldn't find any good reason for these placing. it looks a bit too monotonous for the song because the sound of this song of this timing has not completely same melody. how about ctrl+G on 00:37:900 (1) - and 00:38:275 (3) - (separately) ? this up-and-down cirsor moving with this placing would follow the song-melody's up and down. and 00:38:650 (5,6,7,8) - has a bit different melody to 00:37:900 (1,2,3,4) - , so I'd recommend to change this placing, too. especially 00:39:025 (7,8) - would more fits with four 1/4 circles imo, which has slight special melody compete with before ones. the reason i set tapping point in really short distance here is for the map's following aiming style which really required good movement skill from players, like some 1/4 jumps and really fast sliders. aiming for this pattern may be a pause to them to get really in their own phase. for mapping way in some kind of emotional things, it's still working good that let players be focused on what'll appear even with more and more heated beats at 00:37:900 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - with overlapped and easy-to-complete pattern as well.

thanks! sorry for trespassing on the discussion (the reading long text is also lerning English for me who is poor at English lol), hope it gets requalify.
oh well, maybe we should be more careful about things got past.
Topic Starter
Flower
Let's go to the history and see them.

MillhioreF wrote:

As long as we're here, PLEASE fix 01:25:900 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4). The cursor movements required are incredibly unnatural, on top of the massive difficulty of the section in the first place. If you keep the spacing, at least provide some sort of flow like you do in the notes before it.

An example of how it could be fixed (doesn't have to be like this though)
I had changed the patterns according to this post, although the original suggestion doesn't fit the style of the map. So this is implicitly fixed.

Shad0w1and wrote:

只是觉得你的NC越改越难看了。。。不如之前的好,你现在这样根本不好读了
01:26:181 - 这里这一大串NC改回去啊,现在的丑爆了。。。能打的玩家还是能打,不能打的叒比还是一脸2逼 反对,这些nc极大的帮助了玩家的读图
01:21:775 (1,1,1,1) - 这几个NC怎么看怎么逗比。。。能打的依然能打。。不能打还是不能 同上
01:57:400 (6) - 考虑NC 没有在这里特意断开必要
00:21:962 (5,6,7) - 应该和 00:21:400 (1,2,3) - 00:22:337 (8,9,10) - 一样的间距 这里提供一种渐进的感觉
01:34:056 (4,5) - 01:35:556 (1) - 这两段还是改成一样吧 同上

Hula wrote:

So. I really don't understand nearly anything that's going on in AXION_REBORN

But, I believe that 00:53:093 - has a missing object at the very least in AXION_REBORN because you're mapping like everything occasioanlly (which is completely unnecessary and not suitable for osu - this is a rhythm game not a orchestra simulator) Currently the gap you have here looks completely broken when there should be an object cos there's drums and synth stuff. as discussed, this was an intended feature to let user to notice the long chord, which emphasises the music

Edit: So, 00:27:587 - no object here? You're mapping the synth most of the time, but you start off the intense rhythm stuff with something which isn't even in the song. This should be a triple. the music stressed the first two 1/4s but not the 3rd. this should be perfectly fitting.

00:27:681 (3) - This is a terrible example of how to use a repeat slider. You put the clap on the middle of the slider whilst the slider head and tail land on blue ticks which are synths which are constantly 1/4 beats for several bars. I don't understand. sometimes basic principles don't correspond to the real game play. the reverse after the long jump gives player a solid "reflection" feeling which emphasises the clap

00:43:525 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,1) - This section in the song has constant 1/4 synth stuff, but that's like the least interesting part of this part of the song. You could do such good things by mixing in the drums with the synth stuff. imo that's how the song goes. a repetitive 1/4 makes the player focus on the flow.

00:49:525 (1,2,3,4,1) - Overmap, no need for 1/8 sliders here. Sounds like we should be expecting a rollover sound, but we don't. there is a reverse drum, as I observe

01:00:212 (7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This might look cool. But wtf. Going back on yourself in streams is ass. 01:00:681 (4,1) - I can hear in the song the justification for this, but it just doesn't fit. So, in this pattern you're mapping the piano, therefore why have you included in the same pattern this 01:00:400 (1,2,3) - this is not piano sounds part of the rhythm, yet you included it in the pattern making it look exactly the same as the rest which is confusing. The pattern should start at 01:00:681 (4) - being constant should help the player. I don't see how that would be confusing

01:00:400 (1) - This should basically be a 1/2 slider because right now this pattern doesn't make sense. not really a valid reason

Whilst we're at it, can you explain these jumps 01:34:525 (3,4,5) - So, there's a jump from 3 to 4 cos of a synth, but then there's a reduction in DS from 4 to 5 despite it being a drum and when you're listening to the song it is much more dominant than a subtle change in the synth stuff. because drums are deep in the frequency, that's how I emphasise them

01:38:650 (1,2,3,4) - These are all practically the same sounds yet why have you spaced them like this? They should have equal spacing. because they have difference in pitch
Hula

Flower wrote:

To Hula:

Your "mod" is appreciated, but not taken. The map is good, and you should feel good.

Have fun.
Are you fucking kidding me? Your mapset takes so many liberties. I'm busy this week and i wrote down a small but broad ranging mod cos i know that these issues have been brought up before and clearly haven't been dealt with.

Don't be rude. Thanks bro

P.s. if you end up denying everythig from everyone's mods, you're clearly bullshitting your way to an easy rank. This mapset has barely changed from the first time you tried to rank it
Topic Starter
Flower

Hula wrote:

Are you fucking kidding me? Your mapset takes so many liberties. I'm busy this week and i wrote down a small but broad ranging mod cos i know that these issues have been brought up before and clearly haven't been dealt with.

P.s. if you end up denying everythig from everyone's mods, you're clearly bullshitting your way to an easy rank. This mapset has barely changed from the first time you tried to rank it
Thanks for taking your valuable time and provide useful feedback.

Hula wrote:

Are you fucking kidding me?

Hula wrote:

Monstrata

Hula wrote:

If you end up denying everythig from everyone's mods, you're clearly bullshitting your way to an easy rank. This mapset has barely changed from the first time you tried to rank it
Disqualifications allow mappers to discuss their reasons behind patterns and make changes accordingly, if good points are brought up by other modders. If you're expecting everything to be changed due to a disqualification, then you're honestly approaching the disqualification process with a wrong mindset. You're not here to force changes onto the mapper.

Stuff like "This should basically be a 1/2 slider because right now this pattern doesn't make sense." doesn't exactly contribute to quality improvement either. If you don't understand the mapper's intention, its better to ask for clarification. Getting them to change it to something else just because you don't understand the pattern... now that doesn't make sense... xD
Hula
All i'm saying is, don't deny everything, cos this is the 2nd time now and you'll only end up going around in circles.

And monstrta you're the guy who tried to dq my mapset cos a quirky normal cos you don't like me. Don't try to take some moral high ground here about mindset towards dqing
show more