show more
NeXt4r_
well as an player they all important skill BUT DO NOT EXPECT TO BE THE ONLY ONE
there are other like stream, spaced stream,death stream, trianegnl jump,etc
so you have a choice

JESSE
inB4
Nabel_old_1
streams can be mashed :o yeh right try accing ice angel by mashing and retrying lol
NeXt4r_

Nabel wrote:

streams can be mashed :o yeh right try accing ice angel by mashing and retrying lol
true
Topic Starter
herrkamink

Nabel wrote:

Not trying to be rude or anything but you are actually the perfect example of what I see when looking at some friends or for other people in my pp range:

You have multiple <95% fc's and 97% average acc - propably not because you are the master of stream accuracy but because you were able to hit all jumps. If you read a double as a triple wrong or mess up your stream timing all you will lose are a few 100's - if you mess up a jump it's a miss and nothing else. I only come up with: 'being able to do the jumps of a map makes you able to fc it.'

winber1 wrote:

herrkamink wrote:

streams can be mashed and acc can be fixed by retrying?
cancer post

can you get high ranked with only jump skills? sure
can you get to the very top and actually be good? no
I'm a scrubby 5digit player so I'm propably not aiming for the top. My acc is good and on maps with easy jumps I can easily pull off 99% FCs. A 100k player could propably finish a streammap with 50% acc just because he got all 100's and 50's on the map. A 100k player propably wont 'randomly' FC arles maps jumps. I don't want high ranks because harvesting DT pp with tillerino isn't hard (because I have good tapping acc and 3* jumps aren't hard) - it's about playing higher difficulties.
This was all just a thought of mine from trying to move into higher star rating but yeah someone asking higher ranked players on their point of view is just 'cancer'. I'd better go to #osu and ask some 100k's on advice to FC big black.
Fxjlk

herrkamink wrote:

As someone who can't play&read jumps very well, it feels like going up in star rating is purely based on your jump-skill, since streams can be mashed and acc can be fixed by retrying - is that the way it works ?
no
B1rd

herrkamink wrote:

Nabel wrote:

Not trying to be rude or anything but you are actually the perfect example of what I see when looking at some friends or for other people in my pp range:

You have multiple <95% fc's and 97% average acc - propably not because you are the master of stream accuracy but because you were able to hit all jumps. If you read a double as a triple wrong or mess up your stream timing all you will lose are a few 100's - if you mess up a jump it's a miss and nothing else. I only come up with: 'being able to do the jumps of a map makes you able to fc it.'
What's your point? You can FC but you won't get pp without good acc.
N0thingSpecial
yea sure but if you're gonna be relying on mashing and retrying to get streams right you're not gonna climb that high.
Caput Mortuum

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

herrkamink wrote:

As someone who can't play&read jumps very well, it feels like going up in star rating is purely based on your jump-skill, since streams can be mashed and acc can be fixed by retrying - is that the way it works ?
no
chainpullz
cs6.5 od10 spaced streams also an "important" skill :? :? :?
Yuudachi-kun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

yea sure but if you're gonna be relying on mashing and retrying to get streams right you're not gonna climb that high.
6186pp is good enough
N0thingSpecial

Khelly wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

6186pp is good enough
when I was hoping you wouldn't show up fukin hell m8
chainpullz

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Khelly wrote:

6186pp is good enough
when I was hoping you wouldn't show up fukin hell m8
MinG says hi too. :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Endaris
Streaming is the only important skill.
Jukkii
if you mess up jumps you can get 100s instead of a miss. jumping is not the only important skill. streaming is about as important if we are talking about actual skill. you cant just "mash and retry" to get the streams, just try doing image materials longer streams like that. mashing wont get you anywhere and retrying wont make your acc better. if you mash youll prolly have bad stamina too so youll get misses.
in short, hitting the jumps does not make you FC the map.
Yuudachi-kun

-Jukke- wrote:

you cant just "mash and retry" to get the streams, just try doing image materials longer streams like that.
Yes you can - image material isn't a good example.

Here's some 222 bpm streams fc'd at 70%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHGHgo8sJ8U

Here's some random 276 bpm longstream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZNGdvvTEWg

Here's more 222 longstream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqJCxWhX8rY
Endaris
If you mash and retry often enough you prolly develop the necessary stamina.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

The difference between people claiming "You can't develop streaming stamina like this" and me claiming you can is that I provide examples.
Jukkii
welp seems like khelly proved me wrong in that. even though what i meant was the need to mash in order to gain the speed necessary to FC the streams, accuracy was irrelevant to it. let me word myself differently
"you can not just mash and retry to gain the speed and stamina in order to FC the stream"
even tho thats prolly wrong too since

Endaris wrote:

Yuudachi-kun
The way to develop stream stamina is to continually push yourself to try to stream whatever speed even though you've already started hitting 100's,50's and misses a long time ago.

Every stream after the 20 second mark here is representative of that but if you give up and stop trying you won't develop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAaoMDXUf-s
Jukkii

Khelly wrote:

The way to develop stream stamina is to continually push yourself to try to stream whatever speed even though you've already started hitting 100's,50's and misses a long time ago.

Every stream after the 20 second mark here is representative of that but if you give up and stop trying you won't develop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAaoMDXUf-s
thats actually some really good advice, and i myself already do this. i always play stream practice maps till the end
Yuudachi-kun
I wouldn't recommend stream practice maps unless they're like the first map I showed. If they're like axion that only go in squares with no patterns then fuck that. Dragonforce maps like heroes of our time are good stream maps around the 190-210 range.
Jukkii
i myself use this https://osu.ppy.sh/s/77609
i think its pretty good
winber1
KupcaH
Reading is the only important skill.
Fxjlk

herrkamink wrote:

Acc isn't fixed by retrying. The chance to get lucky and get 99+ acc when you usually get around 90 is very very low. You can show this mathematically.

Here's a simple example: Assuming hits are determined by purely by chance and assuming you have a 95% chance to get a 300, for a map with 200 circles the chance to get an SS is 0.95^200 = 0.003%. This would take you 28000 tries to get on average.
Topic Starter
herrkamink
Streaming and Acc in general are my only good skills in osu, jumps are my biggest wall - that's why I wondered.
Endaris
Farm pp from streammaps then:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/103281&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/306038?m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/158309
Stuff like this, depending on what bpm you like...
And please don't complain to me about them possibly having a few jumps, most jumpmaps have a few streams as well. And yeah, you can just flail through jumps as well.
Nabel_old_1

herrkamink wrote:

Nabel wrote:

I feel like it's the opposite, I suck at jumps compared to most people around my rank but because my streaming around 200 bpm is okayish I can get free pp from maps like mei, eye of devileliet, rog limitation, ... that require almost 0 aim and have only basic jump patterns and stacked streams that require no aim (or slider streams for free acc).
SilverBlade128
Also streams.
Hiro-Senpai
Play More is a good skill to have aswell
Frikandel
One would think so... My acc is usually on point, 99% at least and usually more like 99.5 or even SS, until I sliderbreak something or miss. All I know is that when I fc something it is mostly with really good acc so it will give me nice pp.
Risa
pp farming is the only non-important skill
otoed1
No.
ExMono
Maybe yes... and maybe no...
NeXt4r_
listen

jumps is not the important skill
there are like a hundred of skill that you need to learn
E m i
ye but they don't give pp ;c :?