forum

Can my skill diminish after not playing for very long time?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lukemoon
So like 3 months ago or so, my computer broke and I am not able to play osu! And right when I was seeing nice improvements in my gameplay, yeah I'm just a newbie.. but still I want to ask this stupid question, can I get worse after not playing for this longass time?
N0thingSpecial
Not really, in fact I got better after a 2 month mapping break

Bikko come back once in a while and make retardedly insane HDHR scores

I shouldn't be too big of a problem
Zain Sugieres
Yes you do get worse, but usually it takes a few days to get back into your old shape. Bikko plays offline and comes back to set online scores which means he is still playing. And you probably think you play better after 2 months because you do not expect as much as you did months before.
N0thingSpecial
Idk setting 17 200pp scores and getting into 4 digit rank in 2 weeks after the break is a pretty big improvement, considering before that 2 months I was still trying to get 170~190 pp scores
Zain Sugieres
You were probably on tilt before that break
Nabel_old_1
You can lose some skill. I took a 4 month break and came back a week ago and lost alot of my stream stamina. I keep wondering how I was able to fc those 180 and 185 bpm longstream maps. But it comes back I guess.
Endaris
The only thing that really takes a hit is streamstamina. The rest is back after 2 days of playing.
Then again, you never had streamstamina so you're good to go.
kurodahatsuharu
When i seem to can't improve anymore i take 1 week to relax. And when i come back i got better result than when i play it everyday.It's just a thing about muscle memory, don't over do it.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

The only thing that really takes a hit is streamstamina. The rest is back after 2 days of playing.
Then again, you never had streamstamina so you're good to go.

Me irl
NeXt4r_
well this is just my imagination DON'T take it seriously

yes you are going to be worst and worst you might not focus on the ar
you might just forgot the game
how are you clicking circle
you may just now be a normal person
and you may done retying that map

(THIS IS ONLY MY IMAGINATION)