forum

[Editor] Separate section for hitsounds

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +22
Topic Starter
theowest
A new section, just for hitsounding. With notes visable to see and notes interact with these hitsounds. Missing notes for hitsounds may be mentioned. This could be applied to all difficulties or just individual ones, just like SBs.

Why would this be awesome?
You could make hitsounds once for the beatmap and never have to make them again for the rest of the difficulties. Copy and paste hitsounds sections to parts that sound the same in the rest of the map. Easier to make hitsounds basically.

This is what I had in mind:
D33d
As an addendum, I think that this could work a bit like MIDI event lists--ergo, this could be displayed as an optional list in the side of the editor. Each hitsound could perhaps be an "event." As a more general note, I really think that hitsounds should be applied to new difficulties, with hitsound events being omitted from nonexistent objects. I have no idea how hitsounding works on the programming side, but this could facilitate hitsounding a lot.
Topic Starter
theowest
This is what I had in mind

I thought the indication of Normal and Soft sounds could be right above each time point as S/N.
Marcin
Reposting cause it looks better

Marcin wrote:

I thought about this aand ....

Marcin wrote:

The green button indicates that hitsound is on for selected beat, and there should be more lines (blue, and red) but I was too lazy to add them(and it should be a little bit smaller). I think this would speed up a hitsounding process...
And bump btw.
grumd
This is actually a very nice idea, current hitsounds structure really needs improvement, maybe full restructuring at all.
Hitsounds have never been evident, it was quite hard to mod them and find mistakes in their placement.
And this feature request is the best solution I can think of.
Xgor
Sounds like a nice idea to have, would speed up and improve working with hitsounds.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

---------------------

i think it's a good idea www
[Luxord]

Marcin wrote:

Reposting cause it looks better

Marcin wrote:

I thought about this aand ....

Marcin wrote:

The green button indicates that hitsound is on for selected beat, and there should be more lines (blue, and red) but I was too lazy to add them(and it should be a little bit smaller). I think this would speed up a hitsounding process...
And bump btw.
I don't have that option. .___.
winber1
The idea is a definitely great idea, because I, for one, am not the most htsounding-inclined person. ahwilejrnbakdnfz

When there is a hitsound that doesn't have a note, do you plan on making osu! not allow that file to be saved or something? Or is it just gonna be similar to like storyboarded hitsounding..?
Topic Starter
theowest

winber1 wrote:

When there is a hitsound that doesn't have a note, do you plan on making osu! not allow that file to be saved or something? Or is it just gonna be similar to like storyboarded hitsounding..?
You should be able to hitsound everything before you map, but they will only play when there are notes on them. So you will be able to hear the hitsounds you've previously put out right after placing the notes down, useful when making a new difficulty in your mapset.
Zexous
signal boooooost
kisata
if I had any stars right now this would have all of them
Dilectus
I'd love this feature because it'd be so much easier to notice small mistakes and inconsistencies.

Would give stars but no supporter :(

Just a quick design. Of cource it wouldn't look like this, but it's an idea.
Endaris
Good bump *throws last star*
Bara-
Yes

It can kinda be achieved via Triggerloops
Have an image Clap.png (which is the word clap) and add the following line in the .osb "_" means " " (aka space)
_T,hitsoundclap,0,mapend in ms
__F,0,0,300,1,0
__S,0,0,300,1,1.5
The image will pulse everytime a clap is activated. Do the same for Finish/Whistle