forum

Hope I posted in right forum

posted
Total Posts
show more
NeXt4r_

Meah wrote:

Maybe your dad is actually a legend of this game 6 years ago.
maybe his dad is legendary gamer but he want to keep it secret idk
Meah

faiswusuf wrote:

Meah wrote:

maybe his dad is legendary gamer but he want to keep it secret idk
Some anime stuff where you want to become a hero/aim something very ambitious without knowing your dad's real identity :o
NeXt4r_
i mean he could be in the faze clan right now
Niyani
My dad knows about osu and he always says. "How you can't get bored to catch fruits?"
Yeah, I'm a ctb player ~
Topic Starter
Cookiedipp

faiswusuf wrote:

He wants you to avoid playing this one for he knows what the outcomes are. :D
OH . . . MY . . . GOD
HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THE TRUTH THIS ENTIRE TIME?! :o
Topic Starter
Cookiedipp

Niyani wrote:

My dad knows about osu and he always says. "How you can't not get bored to catch fruits?"
Yeah, I'm a ctb player ~
But fruit is fun! :!: :!: :!: :!:
Runiel
My dad called me a disappointment but it was ok
NeXt4r_

RunielVermell wrote:

i collect nothing but useless
Runiel

faiswusuf wrote:

RunielVermell wrote:

i collect nothing but useless
thx
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee

Niyani wrote:

My dad knows about osu and he always says. "How you can't not get bored to catch fruits?"
Yeah, I'm a ctb player ~
congrats you play ctb

want a cookie?
-Kyu
My dad caught me playing osu!

and guess what he said?

he told me to make a Youtube channel uploading osu! videos
Tornado
Dude.I tried to let my grandmother play FPS games 4 years ago.And yes.She actually shot someone randomly :D

Also; when I was living with my dad; he were just getting annoyed by the keyboard sounds so I wasnt playing when he was at home.He was saying me "Are you still playing this fast moving worm game?" Yeah he called my cursor a worm as though it hadnt any look of a worm :P
EneT
He probably thought it was cool at first, but with more thorough thought, he realised that he should be disgraced to have a 21 year old son/daughter that chooses to spend hours playing a weeb rhythm game over other, more enjoyable alternatives. I mean... I would be.
Rurree
They only lamented about how stupid the songs sound and I agreed.
KRNK_old_1
Shoot didn't see this one and posted a reply on the one in General Discussion.
You should've asked a GM for moving the original thread, rather than posing a new one.
Edit: felt kinda guilty glad that I'm not the only one that got confused by the other thread.

I literally heard the same thing.
... Except it's one of my classmate to another, not in English obviously, and the topic was solving Rubik's Cube.

I think these things do have some level of similarity. Mostly the same thing doing over and over in order to be faster and more accurate, while they don't really benefit your health or such, people play them simply because of their interest/hobby.

OT: you can argue that NASCAR is just a pack of idiots going round a dumb oval circuit, and see what he's gonna say.
If he says something like "it is a dumb sport that's why I never liked it" then you'll know that your dad doesn't quite enjoy highly repetitive things.
Topic Starter
Cookiedipp

EneT wrote:

He probably thought it was cool at first, but with more thorough thought, he realised that he should be disgraced to have a 21 year old son/daughter that chooses to spend hours playing a weeb rhythm game over other, more enjoyable alternatives. I mean... I would be.
Ouch my heart lol!

But nope, disgrace isn't the right word for it. I honestly don't play this game THAT much. I don't take out hours of my day sitting at the screen playing maps. I have a life outside of the game. (I do well in college, have a social life, other hobbies etc.) It's more of a confusing thing for him. I think he wants to understand (he asks questions a lot and takes a peek at my screen.) But it's difficult to understand how clicking circles can be enjoyable, so he pokes fun instead of just gets overwhelmed and leaves the room haha.

Granted I have minimalistic skins and mostly play English, instrumentals or electronic music. So he isn't being freaked out by anime or Jpop songs popping up everywhere. XD He doesn't mind me liking anime, so that isn't an issue.

I don't play the game for others, just myself so it's no big deal. It's just incredibly humorous when others get so weirded out over a simple game! My mom on the other hand doesn't ask much about it, but she understands I enjoy it and she tip toes past me when I'm playing. I asked her why she does that and she's responds with "I see you were really focused on the game, I didn't want to interrupt you!" It's adorable lol!
Topic Starter
Cookiedipp

ExKyu wrote:

My dad caught me playing osu!

and guess what he said?

he told me to make a Youtube channel uploading osu! videos
Your dad is awesome! :)
Topic Starter
Cookiedipp

KRNK wrote:

Shoot didn't see this one and posted a reply on the one in General Discussion.
You should've asked a GM for moving the original thread, rather than posing a new one.
Edit: felt kinda guilty glad that I'm not the only one that got confused by the other thread.

I literally heard the same thing.
... Except it's one of my classmate to another, not in English obviously, and the topic was solving Rubik's Cube.

I think these things do have some level of similarity. Mostly the same thing doing over and over in order to be faster and more accurate, while they don't really benefit your health or such, people play them simply because of their interest/hobby.

OT: you can argue that NASCAR is just a pack of idiots going round a dumb oval circuit, and see what he's gonna say.
If he says something like "it is a dumb sport that's why I never liked it" then you'll know that your dad doesn't quite enjoy highly repetitive things.

Yes this is how I see it too. I think when a person sees a Ryhthm game like osu, what pops into their head is "Why?" or "How is that remotely fun?". I would say ryhthm games aren't many people's first choice for a game. For me, the repetition is what gives me satisfaction, it gives me the challenge to do better next time.
Topic Starter
Cookiedipp

Tornado wrote:

Dude.I tried to let my grandmother play FPS games 4 years ago.And yes.She actually shot someone randomly :D

Also; when I was living with my dad; he were just getting annoyed by the keyboard sounds so I wasnt playing when he was at home.He was saying me "Are you still playing this fast moving worm game?" Yeah he called my cursor a worm as though it hadnt any look of a worm :P
Haha that's great! My dad once told my mom that I'm "playing that epileptic seizure game again!" :lol:
NeXt4r_
my mom dont care if i am playing osu
Catgirl
here's a video of my dad playing osu from christmas 2013 lol

oops i'm about to get busted for account sharing for this

thanks dad for getting me banned
NeXt4r_

Catgirl wrote:

ok
Runiel

Catgirl wrote:

You naughty boy. Mr. Peppy has told us all to never share an account!
You silly silly naughty boy.
Catgirl
pretty sure it was offline anyway and the username just saved. didn't really have stable internet at my parents' house back then anyway lol
Topic Starter
Cookiedipp

Catgirl wrote:

pretty sure it was offline anyway and the username just saved. didn't really have stable internet at my parents' house back then anyway lol
Let's hope haha. But that replay was hilarious. I'm pretty sure my dad thinks Osu is super easy to play. But he would crash and burn on a 90 BPM 1 star map. :lol: One of these days I want to watch him try it just to see his reaction.
Catgirl

Cookiedipp wrote:

Let's hope haha. But that replay was hilarious. I'm pretty sure my dad thinks Osu is super easy to play. But he would crash and burn on a 90 BPM 1 star map. :lol: One of these days I want to watch him try it just to see his reaction.

from what i've found when getting really bad people to try to play, is that sliders are really confusing for them. i remember having him play another map that was literally half a star, and he was clicking the wrong ends of the sliders, and he couldn't even pass it. the only map he passed in like 30 minutes of playing was the tutorial. with a d rank lol

i always tried to get him to play various multiplayer games with me from time to time, and the only ones he seemed to enjoy and was decent at were racing games. because they're straightforward and it's pretty easy to figure out what to do. you just accelerate, brake, and steer, and crash into the other cars cause that's more fun than actually racing :^)
Topic Starter
Cookiedipp

Catgirl wrote:

i remember having him play another map that was literally half a star, and he was clicking the wrong ends of the sliders, and he couldn't even pass it. the only map he passed in like 30 minutes of playing was the tutorial. with a d rank lol

This brings me back to my first time playing Osu! xD I thought "Hmmm clicking circles? How hard can this be?" *takes tutorial* "WTF Is going on?! What am I doing?! * sliders show up. . . breaks a slider* SLOW DOWN YOU'RE GOING TO FAST!!!!" *spinner shows up, starts flailing mouse everywhere in a panic* :lol:
FuZ
xD tbh
Faunsce
Lmao osu cost so much that I needed a small loan of a million dollars. : ^)