forum

How can I gain back my lost skill?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lolol234
Need some serious help...

The skill gap between my last week's performance and this week's performance was so incredibly huge. Last week I was able to do (for my level, which is ~1400pp) pretty well on No title Insane version: https://ufile.io/b6c14. Yet today, https://ufile.io/c1315 happened (this was after I finished my warmup routine).

The only major thing that happened that MAY have affected my performance was a tournament of 3* maps, since I usually try to FC ~4.5* maps.

I've analyzed the differences between the two replays and I felt like both the sensitivity control (fairly hard jumps were off pretty far) and the consistency control (very easy jumps yet I fail them nonetheless) is lacking.

Is there any way to fix this? Perhaps its already ingrained in my muscle memory and I need to take a break?
Nabel_old_1
play more
Topic Starter
lolol234

Nabel wrote:

play more
thing is i'm not sure if i should actually play more, because the way i'm going at it now it might leave an unconscious bad impression that will affect me in future runs
Yuudachi-kun
So what you're saying is you're not going to play for fear you're going to play wrong.
Topic Starter
lolol234

Khelly wrote:

So what you're saying is you're not going to play for fear you're going to play wrong.
yeah. though now that you expliclity said it sounds kinda retarded lol

it's just i spent 1 hour practicing and my skill seem to get worse and worse so now i'm just not touching it.

but i guess you are right, everyone has to overcome some kind of hurdle somewhere. :D
7ambda
play more with a positive attitude
LoliPantsu
click the circles to the beat
N0thingSpecial
Don't stress over it and play more
2xExp
Don't even worry about it. It happens to me a lot of the times and I feel like I have to change my settings just so I can get back that consistency.

Playing more is a good suggestion, but don't take it the wrong way...thinking that it'll negatively affect your progression. Download new set of maps, play them, switch it up, and try your fav maps again. You'll see that improvement over time :)
DeathHydra
People these days worry too much about a game. Nice
Yuudachi-kun

DeathAdderz wrote:

People these days worry too much about a game. Nice
I'm sure those same people will not actually care about how you feel about them.
Kheryo
It seems to me that your brain adjusts to what you play.

Say I want to play an average, kinda jump-ish 5* map.
If preceded by a 6* fun session, I'll likely be accurate.
If preceded by a 3* mp session, I will most likely still be in slowpoke mode and process the patterns too slowly to fully control what I'm doing.

My answer would be, avoid getting bored by always going through the same maps as a warmup, enjoy the excitement of playing new maps or maps that are just a tiny bit out of your reach, and then go back to whatever you were trying to FC (not more than 3-4 attempts per map per session to avoid turning into a salt dispenser).
Worked for me, might work for you. Most importantly, have fun ! :D
dung eater
you need to work with what you've got, not with what you don't have.

you are bad, get less bad.

if you've been there once getting there again should be faster.
Spooky_Myon
Just play more correctly. Find a suitable practice style for you. For me, I just force my brain to tap/jump/stream/etc accurately until it becomes muscle memory.