forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
ngohavan
Đăng nhập trong osu skinner chỗ nào vậy? :?
(giúp với :cry: )
MrNeener
I have a problem where some random sliders have their circles put off to the side. Not really sure what is causing it.
Gif of the problem here -> https://gyazo.com/de3f9d944aaae772cc6cc0de33e5b4d3
If anyone knows whats happening please help out :D
ngohavan
Tôi ko biết làm combobursts, có ai chỉ với :cry:
ngohavan

RituPepper wrote:

Hello, I was trying to find an answer to my question and couldn't find it so here I am asking it:

Is is possible set a certain sound to each comboburst? I mean I have combobursts of many characters and I would like to have them all say something when they pop up.

For example I have comboburst-0.png that is a girl character and I would like that girl to shout yayyy!! But I also have comboburst-1 that is a male and I would like him to shout something else. Now if I make comboburst-0.wav for the girl and comboburst-1.wav for the quy it doesn't really work, they aren't "attached" to the png's meaning sometimes the girl could shout the guys lines instead. I actually have 14 combobursts so when audio plays it's most like the wrong character's one and that's somewhat annoying

I have tried setting the ComboBurstRandom: to 0 and 1 with no luck,
I also tried this
CustomComboBurstSounds: 50,100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,1500,2000
ComboBursts: 50,100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,1500,2000

But honestly I doubt that "ComboBursts:" is a code that actually exists :'D

So?? Does anyone know if this is possible???

To ask you to do comboburst right? I do not know anywhere, do not you help me? :o
3bdallah
hello :)

i wasnt able to find the glow/splash file that happen with the hit100-0 and the hit50-0 :|
Nathanael
The filenames are particle300.png, particle100.png and particle50.png on their respective scoring values.
3bdallah

Nathanael wrote:

The filenames are particle300.png, particle100.png and particle50.png on their respective scoring values.
ty so much :) :)
Boomdopew
So I would like to know-

If I have gotten someone's permission to use their element for a skin in the past, will I need to ask for permission again to add it into another new skin? :o
xxdinorabbitxx
Well if the person fails to specify on you being able to use it with just saying you can, then i guess. It wouldnt hurt to ask though
Kheryo

MrNeener wrote:

I have a problem where some random sliders have their circles put off to the side. Not really sure what is causing it.
Gif of the problem here -> https://gyazo.com/de3f9d944aaae772cc6cc0de33e5b4d3
If anyone knows whats happening please help out :D
My guess is that you are using default-numbers as hitcircles.
When a combo reaches 10+, the game will put the "default-1" and the "default-0" image side by side.

Either don't do that, or set the "HitCircleOverlap" field in your skin.ini to the width of your default-1.png file, e.g. :
HitCircleOverlap=128

Boomdopew wrote:

So I would like to know-

If I have gotten someone's permission to use their element for a skin in the past, will I need to ask for permission again to add it into another new skin? :o
You must be able to provide proof of permission if asked by any member of the osu! community.
If the author gave you permission "in general", you can.
If he gave you permission for one specific skin however you'll have to ask him again.

But I guess he won't mind if you just go for it and remember to mention him somewhere in the credits :^)
blindfolded
I don't know if anyone asked this before - can I do not one, but multiple sounds for section pass and section fail? If osu would randomly choose them for pass and fail, that would be sweet. Thank you for your answer.
xxdinorabbitxx
No
blindfolded

Shima Luan wrote:

No
Well, I hope they will add such optin some day :)
xxdinorabbitxx

AlisaBoscon wrote:

Shima Luan wrote:

No
Well, I hope they will add such optin some day :)
you can try to request it
blindfolded

Shima Luan wrote:

Shima Luan wrote:

No
you can try to request it
Could you please tell me where exactly do I request such a thing?
xxdinorabbitxx
Dulje
Hello,
after mixing a few skins and adding different features into one skin, I'm kinda confused as to what file changes the key overlay, I mean the number color, not the keys background or their shape.

I have a the Crystalized background and Cookiezi's Shige-Seoul hit numbers but I can't find the file/picture that's responsible for the color change. I would like to change the numbers white so that it fits the background better, because black ones can't be seen while playing.
Kheryo
InputOverlayText: 255,255,255
^ add this to your skin.ini under [Colours]

Have fun :)
Yuuto Gaming
I 've done as usual , but such errors . how to fix it ??

Haskorion
You fucked up at the head note lines. you wrote the H before the number and not after.
The Real Kyoko
Been wanting to make a ctb skin, any ideas on how to do it? Still waiting for the guide on that D:
xxdinorabbitxx

The Real Kyoko wrote:

Been wanting to make a ctb skin, any ideas on how to do it? Still waiting for the guide on that D:
its like the same exact thing as skinning standard, just stay close the specs of the default skin and you'll be ay ok. unless there is more you want to know of it :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Kheryo

The Real Kyoko wrote:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2074725196
^
Have a good read, experiment with the different files, mess around until you get a result that pleases you, and boom, a skin :^)
crystalsuicune
Hey quick question,how do I do the thing where the sliders end without a hit circle (think taiko drumrolls)?
I had a feeling that it's done the same way you skin taiko drumrolls,but I'm not very sure.

I need to know because reasons
xxdinorabbitxx

crystalsuicune wrote:

Hey quick question,how do I do the thing where the sliders end without a hit circle (think taiko drumrolls)?
I had a feeling that it's done the same way you skin taiko drumrolls,but I'm not very sure.

I need to know because reasons
First of all it depends on what client version you are using, but lets assume you are using the latest version. Just add a blank png image and name it "sliderendcircle"
The Real Kyoko

Shima Luan wrote:

The Real Kyoko wrote:

its like the same exact thing as skinning standard, just stay close the specs of the default skin and you'll be ay ok. unless there is more you want to know of it :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Alright sounds good, thanks for the feedback! ^^ I am horrible with computers so i wanted to make sure before I wasted my time :P
The Real Kyoko

Kheryo wrote:

The Real Kyoko wrote:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2074725196
^
Have a good read, experiment with the different files, mess around until you get a result that pleases you, and boom, a skin :^)
Thanks a bunch! I'll make sure to check that out :D ^^
Nenrei_old
When I use version in my skin.ini nothing changes
Starrodkirby86

Nenrei wrote:

When I use version in my skin.ini nothing changes
Did you refresh your skin? Either change to a different skin and change back, or use the hotkey combination Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S.

Also, refer to Skin Versions and see what changes are denoted.
Mio Winter
Is it possible to change the cursor ripple effect?

I want to replace it with a red dot, so that I can always see where I have clicked when I missed a circle.

Any other way of attaining this feature?
Rio-

Timo Timo wrote:

Is it possible to change the cursor ripple effect?

I want to replace it with a red dot, so that I can always see where I have clicked when I missed a circle.

Any other way of attaining this feature?
Sadly, none could be done for that (at least for now).
Living Flower
will the problem with the rakning-bg ever be fixed? I don't want to see the playfield.png in the bg and I'd rather won't change the playfield.png of evey map I've got / I'll download change to default...
xxdinorabbitxx

Living Flower wrote:

will the problem with the rakning-bg ever be fixed? I don't want to see the playfield.png in the bg and I'd rather won't change the playfield.png of evey map I've got / I'll download change to default...
can you sum up your problem and state it clearly becuase i cant identify your problem sry
Living Flower

Shima Luan wrote:

Living Flower wrote:

can you sum up your problem and state it clearly becuase i cant identify your problem sry
I was talking about the Problem with the Background while the ranking is showed: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6158275

A few years ago, you could easily add a custom Background there, but now - as far as I know - you can Change the Background only, if you Change the Background of the whole beatmap. To solve this Problem, I was asking for.
Fums
How to change the position of progress-bar / pie ? I want it at the TOP MID.
Please help :?
Living Flower

Fums wrote:

You can only Enable/Disable it as far as I know in the Gameplay Settings.
Fums

Living Flower wrote:

Fums wrote:

You can only Enable/Disable it as far as I know in the Gameplay Settings.
-+Shige+Seoul+(16-9) is using it.

https://i.imgur.com/3splYsd.png

You can get it here: https://gist.github.com/Francesco149/a0 ... 56951face7
I just can't find the command to do it. I googled for about an hour and if you guys can't help me i think i'm going insane >_>
Haskorion
check out the score-percent.png image. LOTS OF EXTRA SPACE TO THE RIGHT!
Fums

Haskorion wrote:

check out the score-percent.png image. LOTS OF EXTRA SPACE TO THE RIGHT!
Yes, thats it ! My hero 8-) Thank you very much !
Starrodkirby86

Living Flower wrote:

I was talking about the Problem with the Background while the ranking is showed: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6158275

A few years ago, you could easily add a custom Background there, but now - as far as I know - you can Change the Background only, if you Change the Background of the whole beatmap. To solve this Problem, I was asking for.
I'm pretty sure you just need to make your ranking-panel.png as that "custom background" and have it large enough so that it spans the whole game screen.
show more