forum

Make #osu as a setting for auto join on startup

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +16
Topic Starter
WingSilent
Many people are getting tired of the channel #osu being the first to be open when i start the game.
Especially when i have other channels opens when i quit the game, it always goes to #osu instead of the others when i start the game.

So my feature suggestion is, having a checkboxe setting to check wich channels to open once the game starts.
So, let me know if you have something for or against this idea. :)/
Piine
This has been talked about as a subject for so long and I rather people have the ability to choose what channels that they need open when the osu client launches or rather make the users choose what channel to open via the Join/Leave prompt.

Just putting my two cents out.
Topic Starter
WingSilent
I forgot to say, when you closes the #osu channel, it opens again when you startup.
THIS, is annoying especially when you have other channels open.
I thought long time ago we could decide which tabs open every startup with the usercfg file? Wonder why it didn't worked now
Also this is a nice idea. Could do simple thing like a box beneath Chat highlight words like

Startup channels:
#modreqs #bla #bla
- Marco -
Yes please, i'm tired to close #osu and #announce
Topic Starter
WingSilent
More feedback ?
Oinari-sama
There's no need to bump your request every few days. See this paragraph from t/35580:

As for bumping: There is really no need to unless your thread has had no responses for months. Keeping your thread on page 1 will not guarantee that peppy will read it, so please acknowledge this ahead of time. However, if your thread somehow slipped onto another page with zero replies, then that's certainly a good enough reason to go ahead and bump it. Well-known members of the community try to keep up with the feature requests and will post stating whether it's a good idea or not. Getting all of your friends/country players/etc. to post in your thread to support it will not make it any more likely to be added. If it's a bad request, then it's a bad request. If it's low priority, then it's low priority.
Stefan
Thread title is quite misleading, please put a better one.

To the request: I would only agree to keep #osu closed for the next times.
Topic Starter
WingSilent

Oinari-sama wrote:

There's no need to bump your request every few days. See this paragraph from https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/35580:

As for bumping: There is really no need to unless your thread has had no responses for months. Keeping your thread on page 1 will not guarantee that peppy will read it, so please acknowledge this ahead of time. However, if your thread somehow slipped onto another page with zero replies, then that's certainly a good enough reason to go ahead and bump it. Well-known members of the community try to keep up with the feature requests and will post stating whether it's a good idea or not. Getting all of your friends/country players/etc. to post in your thread to support it will not make it any more likely to be added. If it's a bad request, then it's a bad request. If it's low priority, then it's low priority.
Oops.. i admit i barely never write here into features requests and for once this was important to me so.. well i'll follow that paragraph anyways. Don't take me me down. :oops:
ooq
Two years later, no change and it's still a problem... Just getting my opinion out there, this needs to be a feature and I don't know why it's not. It would have no other negative implications...
Pawsu
#osu is the main channel, so that's why it opens on start

this has been discussed before. I don't think it will change.
Zain Sugieres
#osu has changed over time and now rather than being a main channel about the game it's now full of roleplaying people arguing if Rem or Emilia is better
Bara-
It's a channel with useless talks and spam
Whenever I open the client I close #osu
Luqanted
#osu is cancer just delete it lmao!1! XDXDXDxXDXD
Topic Starter
WingSilent

Bara- wrote:

It's a channel with useless talks and spam
Whenever I open the client I close #osu
I always do that.
I'm just annoyed by the channel opening with osu! :\