forum

200k-100k rank tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deivedux
Hey! For the first time, I managed to host an osu!tourney for newbies, to at least have a feel of being on a real official tournament. The tournament will be hosted on 3-4 of September at 4pm gmt+2. Here are the instructions:

1. Find 1 player (friend recommended) for your team. The tournament will be called "DualCup" as many of you might seen this sort of tournament with pro players. Don't forget to name your team and be sure that it's not used by any other team.

2. Register your team here: https://goo.gl/forms/LLsQbeXJ5iXeerA63

3. On the day of the tournament, be sure that both of you are online in osu! and make sure that non of you are blocking private messages from non-friends.

The map pool is not ready yet tho, but I'm sure that it will be ready very soon and I will also let you know about it by editing this post and putting a link to a map pool. I'm sure you guys will be playing osu! a lot better after this and have a good time!

Edit:
1. The tournament we be streamed at https://www.twitch.tv/deivedux
2. The map pool can be found here: http://mappool.webs.com/
3. Here you can find your rules, if you are not familiar yet: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p4g26 ... +rules.txt
4. Here is how the tournament gonna be: if we will get 8 teams registered, then I will be able to create perfect team brackets. Then, there will be 7 rounds in total. On September 3rd: 4 rounds (all 8 teams playing against their chosen opponents). On September 4th: semifinals (2 rounds) and finals (last round). Please note, that we will be hosting 1 match at the time. So if you realize that you weren't invited long enough, please check my stream as your turn is about to start shortly.
Zain Sugieres
I think you should make a team limit and make the tournament take longer time as it might be quite hard to host a full tournament on 1 weekend. And maybe try looking for a staff team (mappool selectors, referees) to help you out with the tournament organization. Good luck in making your first tournament tho!
Topic Starter
Deivedux

Zain Sugieres wrote:

I think you should make a team limit and make the tournament take longer time as it might be quite hard to host a full tournament on 1 weekend. And maybe try looking for a staff team (mappool selectors, referees) to help you out with the tournament organization. Good luck in making your first tournament tho!
This is not my first tournament. By first, I meant the first for those who will be participating in it. But thanks a lot :D
leomies
Sup! Is it possible to discuss about the time we play? or is it exactly that?
And is there some kind of channel/forum like discord where we could discuss about tournament? :)
HerpDerpDaFerp
is it possible to get in as #232,975? its 32k under 200k. if not i can push to 200k.
lolol234
Anybody looking to make a team?
Noomoi

HerpDerpDaFerp wrote:

is it possible to get in as #232,975? its 32k under 200k. if not i can push to 200k.
I think itll be fine as long as you reach the rank by the time the tourney starts
Topic Starter
Deivedux
If you guys are really interested, the tournament will be streamed at https://www.twitch.tv/deivedux
m0rsumbra
Hey what exactly are the prizes? And will the winners get a badge/banner on their profiles? And I have school so if the tournament goes on after the weekend will you be able to postpone my match till I get out? Just some questions.
Topic Starter
Deivedux

Krazyninja024 wrote:

Hey what exactly are the prizes? And will the winners get a badge/banner on their profiles? And I have school so if the tournament goes on after the weekend will you be able to postpone my match till I get out? Just some questions.
Well, this is just a simple one without any prizes, just to get feel of being on the official tournament. And I thought about it and it's actualy hossted on weekend, so you don't need to worry about it :D
m0rsumbra
Ok thanks for clarifying that up for me! And if you were to do a badge thing I've got an idea on a design for it. Just hit me up and I can link it to you somehow! Can't wait to play! (Don't really know how to quote and all that, first time using the forum! XD)
m0rsumbra
I have a question/worry about finding a partner for the tourney. I'm afraid that if I find someone who says they'll be my partner that they'll convince me by being on a practicing and talking to me up until the day it starts then flake on me. How can I avoid this? And will I get any reprocussions? And if it did happen could I have someone who isn't exactly at 200k but is a little bit below that sub in for the person that flaked? This is my first tourney so sorry that I'm asking so many questions. Thanks!
ReBOOting_ExE

mus1cholic wrote:

i am
m0rsumbra
Oh and is anyone looking to join me to make a team? Still need someone to play with. PM me or reply to me on the forum.
Topic Starter
Deivedux

Krazyninja024 wrote:

I have a question/worry about finding a partner for the tourney. I'm afraid that if I find someone who says they'll be my partner that they'll convince me by being on a practicing and talking to me up until the day it starts then flake on me. How can I avoid this? And will I get any reprocussions? And if it did happen could I have someone who isn't exactly at 200k but is a little bit below that sub in for the person that flaked? This is my first tourney so sorry that I'm asking so many questions. Thanks!
I don't really see a problem here. A partner would want to win a tournament, that he will convince you practicing some more to have a bigger chance on winning. But if you actually don't want that, then, as I already said, a friend is recommended as a partner that it would be even more interesting to talk about the tournament or a friend could understand that you want to practice them your own way. But if you are really out of ideas, try to ask StasJek to be your partner, as he is the one that asked to host this tournament.
Topic Starter
Deivedux
I don't think that some teams will be able to play...
apple_muncher4
yea boi lets fuckin go
[ Canada ]
Anybody want to team? I think I'll get to 200k in no time. My brother has taught me a lot!
Gordon
Yo could I sign up and 1v2? :/
m0rsumbra

[ Canada ] wrote:

Anybody want to team? I think I'll get to 200k in no time. My brother has taught me a lot!
Sure I'll assess your skills I guess lol. I'm like 1000 ranks away from 200k myself so we might be a good team. I'll be getting on tommorow not sure when tho. PM me if you wanna team tho!
m0rsumbra
And I am still looking for a team member to play with, so hit me up if any of you wanna play.
LightsOut

mus1cholic wrote:

im looking for a team if my friend doesnt want to do it with me so msg me back
m0rsumbra

LightsOut wrote:

mus1cholic wrote:

im looking for a team if my friend doesnt want to do it with me so msg me back
Mus1cholic is already in a team I think. I'm looking for a team member so maybe we could team up?
Topic Starter
Deivedux

Soul_Asylum_ wrote:

Yo could I sign up and 1v2? :/
Well, if you want to lose constantly then sure :D If you don't know, if you are playing with team, both of your scores will make a bigger score, but if you will be 1vs2, you will never win cause score + score is less than score :D
idk, I'm just typing things :D
Topic Starter
Deivedux
Just a simple update on already registered teams (some of them are not registered correctly tho, so they won't be participating)...
[ Canada ]

Krazyninja024 wrote:

[ Canada ] wrote:

Sure I'll assess your skills I guess lol. I'm like 1000 ranks away from 200k myself so we might be a good team. I'll be getting on tommorow not sure when tho. PM me if you wanna team tho!
I'm down :D
Topic Starter
Deivedux
If anyone is interested, this is the video of my stream when I was making a map pool along with other viewers that were helping me with it: https://www.twitch.tv/deivedux/v/86156577
m0rsumbra
How are you gonna stream all of the players during the tourney? Are you gonna use osu!tourney?
Topic Starter
Deivedux

Krazyninja024 wrote:

How are you gonna stream all of the players during the tourney? Are you gonna use osu!tourney?
Yes, we will be using our clients to spectate you all at the same time. And yes, we, not me only hosting, streaming and controlling the lobby :D I will have some support along with me.
m0rsumbra
Still looking to make a team, if anybody is interested. PM me or ask me on the forum and I'll reply as soon as I can.
lolol234
So are the map pools already determined?
show more