posted
Total Posts
show more
My Angel Kurisu
I AM SO ANGRY I COULD JUST SCREAM
LexiaLovesU

-Trophy- wrote:

haters gonna hate
Don't start the unneeded comments either you provide something that helps or don't provide anything at all. Stating your opinions without any flaming is fine to some extent (expect when there is about 30 comments like that already no point then) but don't start the QAT flame storm
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

Aldwych wrote:

if this gets unranked I'm graveyarding it
Nice mentality for people who doing effort to mod and map this. Really mature yep.
I'm graveyarding it for outside reasons, I had full intentions to get this going and rank it and have a blast with this map, but that's not allowed

It's really disappointing that I was able to rank 3 other songs just like this one without any issue, but now this one suddenly sparks an issue.

I'm extremely saddened, honestly.

Actually, let me change that wording for a bit. It's upsetting that because I had so many difficulties from different people on this map, that this map happened to be seen and apparently is so much worse than every other map I've created, to the point where frank and disdainful remarks had to be put into play because of it. It's honestly embarrassing.

I can't believe that, in quote, this is what is actually believed, if anything.

Loctav wrote:

a staff member is supposed to be a representation of the game. This is not quality, and it is a shame to see such a thing attempt to make it to rank. It is basically a "fuck you to all the mappers out there who toil endlessly to have their (arguably better) maps ranked, we are staff members, we can do whatever we want!".
This wasn't an attempt to be that map. In the slightest. In fact, it was the complete opposite. It was an effort to try out different difficulty settings across the highest diffs in order to change up what's currently being mapped and seen for maps all around. If anything this map was more of a message that people should dare to be different and try out different styles/map difficulties in order to shake up the mapping community a bit and change the "regular" in order to go back to more creative mapping.

However, this was apparently seen as a ploy to just use staff powers to get maps ranked faster than other maps that deserve it.

I apologize to anybody who felt that way; it was absolutely not that. It's a shame to see that our mapping in this regard is suddenly diminished and looked down upon because of the "staff member" regard.

Like fine, you can say my diffs have all of the quality issues in the world and that's fine, but there's literally no reason that everybody else on the set should have to suffer as well.

I'm graveyarding this for various reasons, but one of them being that I don't really like how this was treated as a map. As much as many different people enjoyed the map and I recieved MANY different highlights/pms in and out of the game regarding congratulations and how much they liked the map, apparently the "haters" to put it frankly got the best of it.

I'll still be mapping, but I guess this is the end of my soundcloud mapping for good.

Have a good one to anybody reading this.
OSUjanaiKATSURAda
Rerank but remove BD diff
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

OSUjanaiKATSURAda wrote:

Rerank but remove BD diff
BD's diff apparently wasn't the main issue according to the unrank, so no, I'm just going to end it here.
Atrue

LexiaLovesU wrote:

-Trophy- wrote:

Dear Loctav, please stop unranking/unqualifying maps just because you don't like them.
Thank you.
Don't start the unneeded comments either you provide something that helps or don't provide anything at all. Stating your opinions without any flaming is fine to some extent (expect when there is about 30 comments like that already no point then) but don't start the QAT flame storm
Additionally, QATs disqualify maps after discussion. This is not a question about a single staff. This also applies to any situation.

And please limit the topic here in the mapset itself.
Aldwych

Maeglwn wrote:

for no flooding
I'm graveyarding it for outside reasons, I had full intentions to get this going and rank it and have a blast with this map, but that's not allowed

It's really disappointing that I was able to rank 3 other songs just like this one without any issue, but now this one suddenly sparks an issue.

I'm extremely saddened, honestly.

Actually, let me change that wording for a bit. It's upsetting that because I had so many difficulties from different people on this map, that this map happened to be seen and apparently is so much worse than every other map I've created, to the point where frank and disdainful remarks had to be put into play because of it. It's honestly embarrassing.

I can't believe that, in quote, this is what is actually believed, if anything.

Loctav wrote:

a staff member is supposed to be a representation of the game. This is not quality, and it is a shame to see such a thing attempt to make it to rank. It is basically a "fuck you to all the mappers out there who toil endlessly to have their (arguably better) maps ranked, we are staff members, we can do whatever we want!".
This wasn't an attempt to be that map. In the slightest. In fact, it was the complete opposite. It was an effort to try out different difficulty settings across the highest diffs in order to change up what's currently being mapped and seen for maps all around. If anything this map was more of a message that people should dare to be different and try out different styles/map difficulties in order to shake up the mapping community a bit and change the "regular" in order to go back to more creative mapping.

However, this was apparently seen as a ploy to just use staff powers to get maps ranked faster than other maps that deserve it.

I apologize to anybody who felt that way; it was absolutely not that. It's a shame to see that our mapping in this regard is suddenly diminished and looked down upon because of the "staff member" regard.

Like fine, you can say my diffs have all of the quality issues in the world and that's fine, but there's literally no reason that everybody else on the set should have to suffer as well.

I'm graveyarding this for various reasons, but one of them being that I don't really like how this was treated as a map. As much as many different people enjoyed the map and I recieved MANY different highlights/pms in and out of the game regarding congratulations and how much they liked the map, apparently the "haters" to put it frankly got the best of it.

I'll still be mapping, but I guess this is the end of my soundcloud mapping for good.

Have a good one to anybody reading this.
Well if you want my vision of mapping :

- Lots of diff (doesn't matter the length) easier to unrank.
- Extra diffs? Combo.
- Many GD? Triple kills.

The point i want to give is having lot a GD making a beatmap unconsistent, because everymapper has a different vision of mapping and that's normal but it's also a problem too (moreover on taiko imo). The extra diff should also be reserved for great mappers (even elite but that would be such a restriction lol) because people go on so many aberation in order to make an extra one which result in bad diffs, imo extra diff should be reserved on map who really needs, not because people wants.

In facts the problem i can point and which is not on current map is all the setup from the hardest diff. I mean Irreversible (or Asphyxia didn't rembember) got much higher CS than BD Extra, and on the contrary BD Extra got such low SV, the first reaction i got was "WTF?".

Anyway don't surrend your map, it's really short and you can just readapt some part in order to make cleaner. Also your map is pretty young, i mean 4 month is ok. If i had to surrend a map which got 1 year+ to get qualified because i found hard to get taiko BN, that would make me suiciding.

Btw i guess i can stop modding it. If you plan to revive this, pm me that i can continue what i did earlier.
Mismagius
Remove my difficulty since people apparently suck too much to play AR7.

Good job for ruining a great map and still ranking *CENSORED MAP*

Oh, by the way: "this difficulty is quite bad, it has to be remapped"
Yeah, thank you for considering the effort I put on it and making as fun as possible with AR7. Because of some whiny players who can't stand anything non-AR9 is why mapping nowadays sucks so much.

After all, encouraging different settings to map, such as small CS or AR seems to be "trolling" nowadays, and ranking maps who are barely playable and focus on "art" should be 100% fine.

Congratulations for this community proving itself worse everyday.
OSUjanaiKATSURAda

Blue Dragon wrote:

Oh, by the way: "this difficulty is quite bad"
Yeah, thank you for considering the effort I put on it and making as fun as possible with AR7. Because of some whiny players who can't stand anything non-AR9 is why mapping nowadays sucks so much.

After all, encouraging different settings to map, such as small CS or AR seems to be "trolling" nowadays, and ranking maps who are barely playable and focus on "art" should be 100% fine.

its not that the problem but there some 2007/2008 maps with cs5/ar7 that are funnier and more playable Than ur diff ( u can fc it but u will not enjoyed doing that )
Mismagius

OSUjanaiKATSURAda wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Oh, by the way: "this difficulty is quite bad"

its not that the problem but there some 2007/2008 maps with cs5/ar7 that are funnier and more playable Than ur diff ( u can fc it but u will not enjoyed doing that )
Who are you to say that? You can't even play my diff, it's way out of your skill level to say that.
Actually, just change my diffname to CRN's Extra, everybody's gonna love it because it's a famous mapper and not someone with a bad reputation like me.
Henri

Blue Dragon wrote:

Maybe JUST MAYBE theres a reason these kind of difficulties are in higher ar? What youre basically saying is that "Im allowed to have a little bit of fun with approach rate" ..
Maybe so but if thats the case i dont see any reason why said diff should get ranked.
Mismagius

Sotajumala wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Maybe JUST MAYBE theres a reason these kind of difficulties are in higher ar? What youre basically saying is that "Im allowed to have a little bit of fun with approach rate" ..
Maybe so but if thats the case i dont see any reason why said diff should get ranked.
what is so bad about encouraging people to learn how to read lower ARs? my god
Topic Starter
Maeglwn
alright, this is going too far in the wrong directions

I messed up, etc, my bad

going to lock the thread for now, no reason to argue about any of this anymore

EDIT: unlocking
FriendoFox
Goddamnit.

"AY ARR SEVEN!? FFFFAK YU, A CANT RID ET, SO BAD MEPING!!11!"

Why, I seriously loved the map, and it made a really good challenge. But the mainstream HAS to win, always...
Fateburn
Why do people only focus on that AR7 thing? No one focus on those jumps? Do you really think everyone loves those giant jumps?
Well, everyone but not me.
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

Fateburn wrote:

Why do people only focus on that AR7 thing? No one focus on those jumps? Do you really think everyone loves those giant jumps?
Congratulations, you represent a very small vocal minority
Fateburn

Maeglwn wrote:

Fateburn wrote:

Congratulations, you represent a very small vocal minority
ikr, perhaps i'm still living in 2012 or earlier
Kami Kun
The name should be changed to "Yes we can"

Because all of you guys can, if try enough harder ~
allein

Axarious wrote:

General
  1. gay
PPPPPPPPPFTTTTTTTTTTTTT HHAHAHHAHAHAHA HE SAID GAY! GAY GUYS GAY!!!1!1! lmfao
unko
i want bd extra rank
headphonewearer
what the hell. i thought this got ranked
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.