forum

CTB Mapping Tutorial & Video Collection

posted
Total Posts
show more
ZHSteven
I've seen you busying in doing these stuff.. great job!!
I'll trying to find what I can do for this.

Time To Revive This!!
Topic Starter
Sey
Great, I'll add these information to the OP or link to this page if you don't mind. All credits go to you of course!
Drafura
Added some words about h-spacing.
Broken english I have, feel free to tell me if you can't understand something in there.
Topic Starter
Sey
It looks really great, thanks a lot Drafura!
If anyone still has information that needs to be included here, please let me know about it! :D
Kitokofox
You haven't mentioned my only pattern. It's uncommon on standard maps but so fun to use in CtB maps.
Kitokofox
Also, Wiggling Dash-Step.

Kick sliders that jump a distance from one another and step side to side. If you see these in a map, it's likely because of me. :P
Seph
let Deif decide what to call this but I'd call these Advanced Chain Sliders

Timeline: 01:02:755 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
Map by Deif cinema staff - great escape (TV Size)
extremely complicated pattern, one of my personal faves and must be used with caution since its shit hard.
Topic Starter
Sey
Thanks Seph, I will take a look on that soon.

@Kitokofox: Can you tell me in which song I find this pattern exactly? I'd like to take a deeper look at it.^^
StickyPicky
cool patterns ~ o.o/ :D
Seph
I call this pattern "Bullet Rain"

its a series of multiple hyperdashed vertical sliders

timeline: 00:45:559 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -
map: Infected Mushroom - The Pretender Fruitender
screenshots:
Topic Starter
Sey
Ffff I need to update the OP. I will do eveything tomorrow. Sorry that I needed so long, guys. I was busy with my CtB mapset!

Edit: Everything updated!~
Deif
This thread deserves a bit more of attention! Fixed some typos in the OP too.
Seph
Waiting for a map that will contain all the hard patterns /runs
Topic Starter
Sey
Thanks a lot, Deif. This really means a lot to me!

Seph wrote:

Waiting for a map that will contain all the hard patterns /runs
I might consider making one but atm I'm too busy.

I hope you guys still go on suggesting Patterns, this is really helpful for the CtB community in general.
Seph
gief 6 min song high bpm plox id do it

/runs
Topic Starter
Sey
I changed the OP a bit and made everything easier to find by adding some spoilerboxes.
Also I had some issues with the coding and fixed that. It would be great if I get some more suggestions from you all.
Topic Starter
Sey
So I decided to add my CTB mapping video collection to this tutorial instead of opening another Thread for it. I will add more videos from time to time.
Please go and check it out and see if you want to participate. Exact details and pieces of information appear in the OP!

EDIT: Also I will add a video soon that explains all the Patterns I described in the OP (Probably with voice and explanations).

EDIT2: Just added another mapping video of my Platter in Akitaka Tohyama - Piano Intro -Massive Mix-
ZHSteven
http://www.twitch.tv/zhsteven/b/429189413
/me runs
it is really a very very old live stream I made, for the trolling freedom dive 3rd edition 1st part -.-

Yes, sometimes i will do some mapping live streams when I am boring-.-
Drafura
How I make my hitsounds (not a tutorial, just a fast explanation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=movYqhD ... e=youtu.be
Topic Starter
Sey
Hello everyone, I have fixed several coding issues in the OP and planning to give this Thread more attention in the near future. Concerning this, when you have anything in mind, let me know and I will come up with an idea to add your concerns to the OP.
Drafura
Hello, little correction on my spacing tutorial : Always remember to compare objects using the same Y value. Keep in mind that the slider's end have their own Y but you can't see it in the editor, so make sure to align on the same approximative Y the objects you want to compare (a slider start/circle with the slider end).

There's no need to align the objects on the same Y anymore, an update fixed that some time ago. Would be nice if you can remove everything about Y alignement.
[ Sebastian ]
Are the tutorials still accurate now?