forum

Alternate or single tape

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_CatsArmy_
Hey i'm a new player (well i only have 60 or 70 hours of play). And i play on tablet... I donesn't matter. My question is: what's the best between alternate and singletap... Cause since the beginning i play everytimes alternate... Well my accu isn't very nice so i searsh some answer to up it!
kurodahatsuharu
Doesn't matter, you gonna use both anyway.
Topic Starter
_CatsArmy_
well sure but i use it when it's slow too... My question is also if it bad to use alternate when it's slow too or i need to use single tap when it's slow and alternate for stream
Sandy Hoey

_CatsArmy_ wrote:

well sure but i use it when it's slow too... My question is also if it bad to use alternate when it's slow too or i need to use single tap when it's slow and alternate for stream
There is really no right or wrong answer. If you are finding that you are having a hard time hitting notes at the right time while alternating, give single tapping a try. But you have to alternate on streams.
Xyrus_old_1
Alternating is just as good as Single tapping
Using both styles is a viable as sticking to one style.
It's all personal preference.

If you feel comfortable alternating, keep alternating. You can change your style if you want, but it won't make you any better.
PriestMVP
I was literally about to post something about single vs alternating tapping.

Can anyone speak from experience (if you're mainly a single tapper) whether or not your single tapping speed ends up increasing? I'm pretty much a single tapper myself, but if I play something like Image Material, even the singles feel too fast. And yeah, I accept it's also a reading + aim issue, but even if I were to AR9 edit it, I'd be willing to bet it's still a single tapping speed issue.

That's not my way of saying I want to play Image Material, I just used it as an arbitrary example.

EDIT: Damn, Image Material was such a bad example lol. I've played the map once with No Fail. I can't think of another example though. I just remember playing it and thinking: "Dude forget the streams, how the fuck am I going to ever hit the singles?"
Myke B
I started out single tapping, and then later found myself alternating certain songs like "dance with a number" because it was a lot easier if I alternated - it just made more sense in my head that way in terms of rhythm. Then I found out I liked alternating more than single tapping so I do that now, but I notice some songs I think it's easier to single tap. All in all I'd say try the other one and see if it's more fun, but don't expect great results immediately; you will be severely disappointed lol.
Domp
I used to single-tap only until I got red switches and switched to alternating.
N0thingSpecial
Personally I find smashing 270 BPM single taps is fun as hell
Topic Starter
_CatsArmy_
Ok ty all for all your answers i'll test single tap today to see if it's better for me or not :p
4773n0x
Single tap mostly, alternate on fast parts of a map.
gooder101
Why not do it like rrtyui did.
Single tap using index and then after few seconds start to do it with middle finger.
Also repeat the process all the time.
Cheers
The Gambler

_CatsArmy_ wrote:

Alternate or single tape
Pretty sure tape is only single or double-sided... Dafuq is alternating tape?
Radobot
For me there is like this bpm threshold (maybe around 280) where I stop single-tapping and start alternating even on non-streams. Also I find myself single-tapping excessively on songs that I really like or have very pervasive beat.
Caenis
Ashton
tape