forum

Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bonsai
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2016 at 16:59:07

Artist: Sigur Ros
Title: Hoppipolla
Tags: Takk.. Icelancid Íslenska Hopelandic post-rock experimental rock ambient art dream pop falsetto
BPM: 70,2
Filesize: 7431kb
Play Time: 03:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Childish (1,42 stars, 131 notes)
  2. Mature (1,83 stars, 266 notes)
Download: Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Izzywing
hype
Mint
<3
Izzywing

appleeaterx wrote:

<3
Taking a look as promised :p

[Easy]

00:59:957 (4) - I suggest a NC on this

01:07:239 (4) - While the double reverse sliders are usually fine, this one I dislike. I think something where 01:07:239 - and 01:07:668 - are hit circles and 01:08:096 - is the start of a 2/1 slider would work better.

01:21:396 (6) - moving this so it stacks on 01:23:531 (2) - would look nicer

02:00:246 - this break is so long o_o

02:27:344 (2) - - This slider is kinda...long? I think you could totally have a new one at 02:29:052

02:49:623 (4) - NC?

03:48:309 (4) - This could definitely bend up a bit more, to improve the flow; now there's a bit of a jerk motion to go up from this slider to the next one

Love this diff!

[Normal]

00:35:890 (5) - NC? since you put one at 00:34:191 (1) -

00:54:748 (5) - NC, I think in these long "single tap" areas, separating these into combos of 4 is a good idea (especially since you change the spacing here too)

01:25:229 (6) - NC suggested, because it's where Jonsi adds the "ahhhhh" sound in the background

01:32:456 (5) - NC, for the reason mentioned above (separate long pattern into combos of 4)

02:07:866 - this break just feels so long :v kinda lame when playing, to me at least

02:18:727 (5) - NC!

02:23:872 (5) - NC

02:33:351 (2) - I'm noticing this slider end is a bit early (listen at 25%), I noticed this when playing, so I think it's worth fixing

02:34:208 (3) - Sliderend of this also sounds a bit early

Other than this NC stuff, the map itself is good, we discussed some stuff in IRC of course :p

Good luck with the set, would love some ranked Sigur Ros.
Topic Starter
Bonsai

Hobbes2 wrote:

appleeaterx wrote:

<3
Taking a look as promised :p

[Easy]

00:59:957 (4) - I suggest a NC on this I'm consistently NCing every second measure for the entire diff, so adding a NC only here would be rather random ^^

01:07:239 (4) - While the double reverse sliders are usually fine, this one I dislike. I think something where 01:07:239 - and 01:07:668 - are hit circles and 01:08:096 - is the start of a 2/1 slider would work better. Ah I think I know why, it's bc the vocals don't have a note at the second reverse anymore and the slider is basically mixing up vocals with strings, I removed the last reverse and replaced it with a filler-1/1-slider, should feel good now ^^

01:21:396 (6) - moving this so it stacks on 01:23:531 (2) - would look nicer ingame it's not noticable at all whether something stacks or not, and 01:19:241 (5,6,7) - would look rather weird then imo, rn the idea is that they are forming a straight line since the notes until (1) are rather 'unimportant' / to give (1) more emphasis

02:00:246 - this break is so long o_o I like it o: don't wanna continue with the map when there's not really anything happening anywhere ^^

02:27:344 (2) - - This slider is kinda...long? I think you could totally have a new one at 02:29:052 imo that's the highlight of the map ^_^ it's one single, long, holding vocal syllable, so I see no reason to divide it, all other sliders are shorter bc the vocal notes are shorter

02:49:623 (4) - NC? ~

03:48:309 (4) - This could definitely bend up a bit more, to improve the flow; now there's a bit of a jerk motion to go up from this slider to the next one that jerk motion is intended to emphasize the trumpets, it's the same as 03:30:319 (1,2) - 03:34:635 (4,5) - 03:43:988 (1,2) - 03:53:904 (3,4) -

Love this diff!

[Normal]

00:35:890 (5) - NC? since you put one at 00:34:191 (1) -
About all those NC-points: The song is mostly 4/4 but has some thrown-in 2/4-measures, noticable by listening to the harmonies, you'll notice that the bass or whatever that is has the same note at all of 02:15:333 (1,2,3,4) for example, which is one of the 2/4-measures, and then the same note at all of 02:17:013 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -, I want that represented in the song and I don't see how adding NCs there would have any influence on gameplay; The spacing-increases are supposed to be smooth and not sudden, and for example at 02:22:163 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) there's four spacing-changes in these notes, etc etc

00:54:748 (5) - NC, I think in these long "single tap" areas, separating these into combos of 4 is a good idea (especially since you change the spacing here too)

01:25:229 (6) - NC suggested, because it's where Jonsi adds the "ahhhhh" sound in the background There are a lot of places where the vocals emphasize one 1/2 earlier, but I never base the NCing on those off-beats since the rhythm stays entirely on-beat too, so that would be the only offbeat-NC in the whole diff

01:32:456 (5) - NC, for the reason mentioned above (separate long pattern into combos of 4)

02:07:866 - this break just feels so long :v kinda lame when playing, to me at least This is a four-minute chill map, to me that seems totally okay, and as I mentioned in Easy too there is nothing that would justify to continue the map in-between

02:18:727 (5) - NC!

02:23:872 (5) - NC

02:33:351 (2) - I'm noticing this slider end is a bit early (listen at 25%), I noticed this when playing, so I think it's worth fixing ooo good catch, fixed

02:34:208 (3) - Sliderend of this also sounds a bit early very true!

Other than this NC stuff, the map itself is good, we discussed some stuff in IRC of course :p

Good luck with the set, would love some ranked Sigur Ros.
Thank you very much <3 or rather: Takk! :^D
Let's get this ranked \\\\ ٩(`(エ)´ )و ////
Izzywing
Oh, after you've explained it, all of the NC stuff makes sense to me now. And yeah, get this ranked \\\\ ٩(`(エ)´ )و ////
Cerulean Veyron
\;u;;;/ Take my 'good luck' star! ~~ \;;;u;/
CrimsonClaw
[General stuff]
■ i guess another "Hard" diff (i put it in quotation marks because there technically is a Hard, but you decided to call it differently L:) wouldnt hurt, would it? I dont know, the song seemed to give opportunities for another difficulty.
■ unused files: soft-slidertick-old1.wav

[Easy]
00:56:065 (1) - well, you did those slidertick downbeats everywhere. this gives sliderticks an important role in the diff overall. you might wanna use a bit more system to it, like not just one hitsound for the sliderticks. a suggest you use another hitsound for sliderticks on big white ticks or something in that direction.
02:27:344 (2) - what. no need to do a slider this big. i notice many beats down there :0
03:03:352 (1) - wheeeeeeeeeeeee
03:06:729 (2) - eeeeeee
03:22:180 (4) - this drum hitsound seems like its out of place. did you miss out 03:27:299 (4) - this one?
i like the slidertick hitsound, its fitting!

[Normal]
01:47:925 (1) - i wouldnt place this so flow orientated, since the diff itself is a Normal with a bit of emphasis + theres a break afterwards. Place it to x70 y101 maybe
02:23:872 - why not increase the spacing to 1,4x from there on, including the (5)? oh and 02:25:636 (1) - this one could be (at least) 1,4x too. its not that big of a change but i thought it might be worth mentioning it
i really like the sliderart \:D/

[Suggestions for difficulty names]
Timeless
Serene
Cheerful

Calm
Breathless
Peaceful

Good luck with any further advancements!²
Izzywing
the lyrics
Lyrics
Brosandi
Hendumst í hringi
Höldumst í hendur
Allur heimurinn óskýr
nema þú stendur

Rennblautur
Allur rennvotur
Engin gúmmístígvél
Hlaupandi í okkur ?
Vill springa út úr skel

Vindur í
og útilykt ? af hárinu þínu
Ég lamdi eins fast og ég get
með nefinu mínu
Hoppa í poll
Í engum stígvélum
Allur rennvotur(rennblautur)
Í engum stígvélum

Og ég fæ blóðnasir
En ég stend alltaf upp
(Hopelandish)

You could use some of these words for diff titles, might fit if you like any of them.

EDIT - useless timing mod

00:40:258 (4) - slider end sounds a bit late. Weirdly, 00:40:905 (5) - sounds a bit early.
00:53:022 (1,2) - It's either exactly clear to me what exactly these notes are snapped to in terms of the music, sounds off. 00:54:748 (5,6,7,8) - these are snapped to the piano, but it feels like 00:53:022 (1,2,3,4) - aren't
01:05:115 (4,5) - slider ends are a bit late, it sounds like
01:07:668 (2) - sliderend sounds a bit late
01:27:362 (3) - slidertail early
01:30:736 (1,2,3,4) - the drums sound like they're before the notes and the piano sounds like they're after the notes lol, sigur ros pls
^Same applies to 5,6,7,8, I guess. RIP
02:35:071 (4) - slider end slightly early
02:49:623 - idk if im going crazy but I swear that the head of this is slightly late

entire second set of kiais (03:03:352 and on) sounded perfect

I hope this doesn't come off as picky or anything, just trying to help is all.

Guess I'll be done stalking this for now :^)
Topic Starter
Bonsai

CrimsonClaw wrote:

[General stuff]
■ i guess another "Hard" diff (i put it in quotation marks because there technically is a Hard, but you decided to call it differently L:) wouldnt hurt, would it? I dont know, the song seemed to give opportunities for another difficulty. Not for me, the song is very calm and I mean the Normal is already 1/2-spam so I don't see how it would be possible any harder except making jumps everyhwere which seems completely unfitting to me :/
Also the actual highlight of this set is the Easy, I only mapped the Normal bc a single diff isn't rankable and I don't know how to map anything lower either :^)

■ unused files: soft-slidertick-old1.wav oh whoopsie

[Easy]
00:56:065 (1) - well, you did those slidertick downbeats everywhere. this gives sliderticks an important role in the diff overall. you might wanna use a bit more system to it, like not just one hitsound for the sliderticks. a suggest you use another hitsound for sliderticks on big white ticks or something in that direction. But the thing is that this diff completely ignores drums, there are also downbeats that are simply not covered at al (probably, didn't look it up lol)l, I don't wanna focus the drums with any parts of this diff which includes hitsounding, bc that would immediately inconsistent bc so much stuff would be missing
02:27:344 (2) - what. no need to do a slider this big. i notice many beats down there :0 you seem to have missed that this diff is only mapped to vocals & strings, there are maybe two filler-sliders that are mapped to drums and that's it - The vocals have strong holding notes there that are holding for as long as the sliders are, dividing them would make zero sense
03:03:352 (1) - wheeeeeeeeeeeee those vocals and thus the sliders are like the highlights of this song and diff imo lol
03:06:729 (2) - eeeeeee Banause!
03:22:180 (4) - this drum hitsound seems like its out of place. did you miss out 03:27:299 (4) - this one? whoops indeed!
i like the slidertick hitsound, its fitting! fun fact: that's the default drum-slidertick, I just lowered the volume so it's basically inaudible bc it made everything sound so inconsistent LOL

[Normal]
01:47:925 (1) - i wouldnt place this so flow orientated, since the diff itself is a Normal with a bit of emphasis + theres a break afterwards. Place it to x70 y101 maybe I want it to be flowy though since the vocals are continuing, if anything I'd place it inwards but I think I like it better like this bc visuals, will look at it again later~
02:23:872 - why not increase the spacing to 1,4x from there on, including the (5)? oh and 02:25:636 (1) - this one could be (at least) 1,4x too. its not that big of a change but i thought it might be worth mentioning it look at the SVs, the spacing increases on every white tick, (5) is already the first one that has a slidertick between the previous object, and if you move 02:24:754 (7,8,1) back by 1/4 you'll see that the spacing already goes from 1,4 to 1,6 effectively, I think that's enough ^^
i really like the sliderart \:D/ oh I'm glad to hear that, I was worried that it might get boring but seems like it turned out well :D

[Suggestions for difficulty names]
Timeless
Serene
Cheerful

Calm
Breathless
Peaceful
hmm hmmm hmmmmmm maybe, gotta think some more ^_^;

Good luck with any further advancements!²
Thanks!²

Hobbes2 wrote:

the lyrics
Lyrics
Brosandi
Hendumst í hringi
Höldumst í hendur
Allur heimurinn óskýr
nema þú stendur

Rennblautur
Allur rennvotur
Engin gúmmístígvél
Hlaupandi í okkur ?
Vill springa út úr skel

Vindur í
og útilykt ? af hárinu þínu
Ég lamdi eins fast og ég get
með nefinu mínu
Hoppa í poll
Í engum stígvélum
Allur rennvotur(rennblautur)
Í engum stígvélum

Og ég fæ blóðnasir
En ég stend alltaf upp
(Hopelandish)

You could use some of these words for diff titles, might fit if you like any of them.
Yeah thought about that too, actually I just had the idea of simply asking some Icelanding people, will try to find some in osu! lol

Cerulean Veyron wrote:

\;u;;;/ Take my 'good luck' star! ~~ \;;;u;/
oh thank you :D/
Mint
from queue/forumpm/ingamepm (why, u know i was going to mod this u lil' tree ;p)

[General]
  1. 01:30:736 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - These sound incredibly off. (though probably same thing on your lily allen song.... instrument themselves are not synced zz)
  2. I actually prefer muting the sliderslide instead, due to the song having so much on the red ticks. Also, Easy skips some sounds for vocal emphasis, but I guess this won't be doable with all the timing changes messing up the ticks orz.
[diff1]
  1. fix this http://puu.sh/qPpIJ/3da9738f42.png
  2. 02:44:059 (4) - Actually, string sound resets on the white tick, so I personally think having slider to start there instead would fit the song better (filling the gap with a note).
[diff2]
  1. Same OD and HP makes little sense to me, to be frankly honest. THe song does indeed offer quite a bit of timing changes, but they still pretty close in the same BPM range, not many people can probably type 100% accurate one-single fixed BPM anyways. So many sliders and 1/2 spam are used anyways.
  2. 00:41:983 (2,3) - Since the map is pretty strict with DS, you might wanna fix this for nazi reasons.
  3. 01:33:961 - This one's pretty loud though, might ruin your consistency.
  4. You know, the song doesn't offer much variation, I get that... but if you did like distance increase at places like 00:53:022 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - as well, I feel you can capture the song feeling much, much more.
  5. What also bothered me a bit, is that you completely ignored practically all bell sounds that land on 1/4, whereas the beginning has quite a few of those mapped. Yes, the strings and drums might be more prominent, but I find having some 1/4 to click in the chorus much better than just 1/2 spam all over & fit the intensity so well.
Hitsounds seem a little simple for me, especially in the Easy difficulty. The volume changes are barely even noticeable and a lot of sampleset changes didn't make it due to other instruments being prioritized.

Not sure to what degree you will agree with my points, but we'll see.
Catch me in-game when you're done and we can discuss what I can do!
Topic Starter
Bonsai

appleeaterx wrote:

from queue/forumpm/ingamepm (why, u know i was going to mod this u lil' tree ;p) better safe than sorry :^D^D (now I'm sorry anyways xdd)

[General]
  1. 01:30:736 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - These sound incredibly off. (though probably same thing on your lily allen song.... instrument themselves are not synced zz) exactly, I tried pmuch everything and it always sounds off in some way ;_;
  2. I actually prefer muting the sliderslide instead, due to the song having so much on the red ticks. Also, Easy skips some sounds for vocal emphasis, but I guess this won't be doable with all the timing changes messing up the ticks orz. The song has much on red ticks yeah, but I also skip a lot of red ticks which would make it sound really random with audible sliderticks, I tried it, but I'd rather have the slide, I never actually noticed it until now anyways lol
[diff1]
  1. fix this http://puu.sh/qPpIJ/3da9738f42.png whoops done
  2. 02:44:059 (4) - Actually, string sound resets on the white tick, so I personally think having slider to start there instead would fit the song better (filling the gap with a note). uhm I think I know what you mean but that's not the main strings, I can definitely hear the B until the end of the slider, some background-strings are probably changing from F# to G# but that's not the main melody imo
[diff2]
  1. Same OD and HP makes little sense to me, to be frankly honest. THe song does indeed offer quite a bit of timing changes, but they still pretty close in the same BPM range, not many people can probably type 100% accurate one-single fixed BPM anyways. So many sliders and 1/2 spam are used anyways. oh okay sure, I just thought lower HP would make it more chill but idc at all lol
  2. 00:41:983 (2,3) - Since the map is pretty strict with DS, you might wanna fix this for nazi reasons. ay oke
  3. 01:33:961 - This one's pretty loud though, might ruin your consistency. fun fact: I've never noticed that before bc I always listen to either drums or vocals here lol, but yeah this also makes nice emphasis so I made that circle an 1/4-slider
  4. You know, the song doesn't offer much variation, I get that... but if you did like distance increase at places like 00:53:022 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - as well, I feel you can capture the song feeling much, much more. there's barely any increase in the song though imo, I mean it already increases from x0,93 to x1,0 which is enough imo
  5. What also bothered me a bit, is that you completely ignored practically all bell sounds that land on 1/4, whereas the beginning has quite a few of those mapped. Yes, the strings and drums might be more prominent, but I find having some 1/4 to click in the chorus much better than just 1/2 spam all over & fit the intensity so well. I added the one you already pointed out, one at 00:56:282 and one at 01:06:599 (6) - (which I had before but removed for some reason lol), all others would seem too much to me as vocals / strings / whatever are like 100x more prominent and I've never noticed that there was still a piano-hit there at all lol
Hitsounds seem a little simple for me, especially in the Easy difficulty. The volume changes are barely even noticeable and a lot of sampleset changes didn't make it due to other instruments being prioritized. volume changes not being noticable means to me that they are good, I don't want to force changes, I want them to be natural and in accordance with the song which I have appearently succeeded in ^^ About not having many hitsounds in general in the Easy: The Easy is 95% mapped solely to the vocals, and the vocals don't have any special beats or anything of that sort imo, hitsounding the very few filler-drums-downbeats that I mapped would make it feel completely inconsistent as most other downbeats aren't mapped, so really I don't know what else to hitsound, if you have any suggestions please tell me but I simply didn't see any way to add more without it seeming random :/

Not sure to what degree you will agree with my points, but we'll see.
Catch me in-game when you're done and we can discuss what I can do!
I still have to go through Hobbes' timing-mod aaa don't have the concentration for that currently xd
reply to Hobbes' timing-mod

Hobbes2 wrote:

EDIT - useless timing mod

00:40:258 (4) - slider end sounds a bit late. piano is earlier yeah but it seems very on point with the drums to me Weirdly, 00:40:905 (5) - sounds a bit early. It's a circle and thus completely depends on player's input though, changing the timing wouldn't affect the player at all so keeping it at the general speed is the most convenient way as the player will click it in the general speed too, they can't predict that a single note of an instrument is slightly off from all others ^^
00:53:022 (1,2) - It's either exactly clear to me what exactly these notes are snapped to in terms of the music, sounds off. 00:54:748 (5,6,7,8) - these are snapped to the piano, but it feels like 00:53:022 (1,2,3,4) - aren't There are multiple instruments playing here - piano, drums and wind instruments - but they are all slightly off from each other, I've tried to find a compromise between all of them as the player will only get a general impression of the tempo either, not one of every single instrument; snapping to a specific instrument would again not make much sense as this is fully clickable, so the player can't know which specific instrument I timed
01:05:115 (4,5) - slider ends are a bit late, it sounds like I barely notice that at 50% so I see no need to fix it
01:07:668 (2) - sliderend sounds a bit late same
01:27:362 (3) - slidertail early yep fixed that one (is now 9ms later, couldn't do more without messing up the beats around it :/ )
01:30:736 (1,2,3,4) - the drums sound like they're before the notes and the piano sounds like they're after the notes lol, sigur ros pls
^Same applies to 5,6,7,8, I guess. RIP yep lol, #blamesigurros
02:35:071 (4) - slider end slightly early snaps very well to the lyrics though, so since (5) is mapped to lyrics too that seems very fine to me
02:49:623 - idk if im going crazy but I swear that the head of this is slightly late I think it's slightly late lol but again it doesn't matter since it's clickable in both diffs

entire second set of kiais (03:03:352 and on) sounded perfect ayy

I hope this doesn't come off as picky or anything, just trying to help is all. no worries, I appreciate it! :D
Also I have now renamed the difficulties to Childish and Mature :D
CrystilonZ
I didn't like forgot that I had opened a special slot. I swear!
Kill me

Oh god red lines.

These are just suggestions and some maybe too subjective/picky. If you feel that these go against your style / will, please do not apply it.

Crystilonz's nazi in-depth mod~

I'm not sure about the timing here. Why am I questioning the timing god about the timing kill me If I have not mistaken, it follows the xylophone thingy sounds, which is kinda weird imo since the drums are kinda stronger.

[Mature]
  1. 00:35:890 (5,6,7,8) - since this is pretty much alike 00:34:191 (1,2,3,4) - and 00:32:492 (1,2,3,4) - in term of music. This should be curved to provide a sense of consistency and to make them feel more as a whole~
  2. 00:37:670 (1,2,3) - the flow should turn at the end of 00:38:532 (2) - instead of its start. This is so as to make the map correspond with the music correctly. To clarify, the pitch kinda goes down during 00:37:670 (1,2) - but goes up during 00:39:395 (3,4) - . Thus, a turn of flow between 00:38:532 (2,3) - should emphasize the transition well.
  3. 00:38:532 (2) - I don't see any reason for this jump & sharp turn rly. If you have reasons, it's fine, but if not, please remove it. The spacing is pretty consistent priorly and there is hardly a jump. This is not very strong imo, and the music is even slowing down imo.
  4. I don't know if the irregularity of this diff is intentional or not lol, but I'm going to mention stuff about that anyway. However, i'm pretty sure that you don't really like blankets so I won't mention them.
  5. 01:03:401 (1,2,3,4) - this should form a square. They're pretty random as it is right now~
  6. 01:11:917 (1,2,3) - I don't know what they're following here. If it's the vocals, 01:13:631 (3) - should be made different, since the vocal kinda stops before 01:13:631 (3) - , so it'd make sense to reflect that.
  7. 01:29:486 (2) - again. If this is following the vocals, change this into a slider (with no reverses) and a circle instead, because the new -- uhh-- phrase starts there, and should be clickable. The slider with no reverses will be ample to emphasize the dragging vocal.
  8. 02:29:052 (1) - If you're following the.. idk? wind instrument in the background. This should be given a jump for emphasis and consistency, since you add a jump on 02:42:783 (1) - and 02:46:187 (1) - etc.
  9. 02:53:056 (1) - I'm not really sure about the SV decrease here. They are pretty much similar to the kiais, just with vocals. Additionally, it has pretty much the same intensity as the kiais has.
  10. 03:18:766 (3) - 03:22:180 (3) - why there are jumps on these two @_@ They are pretty arbitrary imo, since you don't add a jump on similar notes such as 03:25:580 (3) - 03:15:365 (3) -
  11. 03:09:330 (4) - this should be curved, but i guess you ran out of space lolol
  12. 03:41:028 (1) - why there's no jump on this one? I thought you were accelerating things up according to the music's intensity and 03:34:208 (1) - 03:37:606 (1) -
I will get to the other diff later. I'm very sleepy right now lol
Topic Starter
Bonsai

CrystilonZ wrote:

I didn't like forgot that I had opened a special slot. I swear! oooh lol, nice \o/
Kill me xd

Oh god red lines. 8^)

These are just suggestions and some maybe too subjective/picky. If you feel that these go against your style / will, please do not apply it.

Crystilonz's nazi in-depth mod~

I'm not sure about the timing here. Why am I questioning the timing god about the timing kill me If I have not mistaken, it follows the xylophone thingy sounds, which is kinda weird imo since the drums are kinda stronger. You'll need to specify "here" more lol - Seems like you might be talking about this section 01:30:736 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - The thing is that this is neither mapped to xylophone nor drums accurately, it's right in-between those because all of those notes are clickable, so they audio-feedback depends purely on the player's input, but the player can't know which instrument I timed to, so in order to avoid unnecessary 100s I did a 'compromise' which should still allow the player to get 300s when they hit one of them rather accurately since this is only OD3

[Mature]
  1. 00:35:890 (5,6,7,8) - since this is pretty much alike 00:34:191 (1,2,3,4) - and 00:32:492 (1,2,3,4) - in term of music. This should be curved to provide a sense of consistency and to make them feel more as a whole~ What I wanted to express with those notes being a straight line is that while 00:32:492 (1,2,3,4) is a 2/4-measure in the music, 00:34:191 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) is a 4/4 so it is kinda 'surprising' that the harmony doesn't change at (5) like it does at (1), so I felt like a straight line supports this sudden tension well, and I still feel like that ^^
  2. 00:37:670 (1,2,3) - the flow should turn at the end of 00:38:532 (2) - instead of its start. This is so as to make the map correspond with the music correctly. To clarify, the pitch kinda goes down during 00:37:670 (1,2) - but goes up during 00:39:395 (3,4) - . Thus, a turn of flow between 00:38:532 (2,3) - should emphasize the transition well. No need to explain it that detailed, I got your point and don't know why I did it like that either ^_^ changed
  3. 00:38:532 (2) - I don't see any reason for this jump & sharp turn rly. If you have reasons, it's fine, but if not, please remove it. The spacing is pretty consistent priorly and there is hardly a jump. This is not very strong imo, and the music is even slowing down imo. uhhh I think you messed something up bc there is no jump at that timestamp lol
  4. I don't know if the irregularity of this diff is intentional or not lol, but I'm going to mention stuff about that anyway. However, i'm pretty sure that you don't really like blankets so I won't mention them. dunno what you mean exactly but probably yes lol
  5. 01:03:401 (1,2,3,4) - this should form a square. They're pretty random as it is right now~ That's just taste - Why is 'random' bad? Why is a square better? - imo a square is an extremely 'narrow' pattern, but I want to convey a feeling of 'freedom' with this map, so imo a somewhat irregular shape fits better
  6. 01:11:917 (1,2,3) - I don't know what they're following here. If it's the vocals, 01:13:631 (3) - should be made different, since the vocal kinda stops before 01:13:631 (3) - , so it'd make sense to reflect that. It's basically following drums bc there is nothing else prominent here imo, the vocals seem very marginal to me here so I just mapped the ongoing drum-rhythm, and it helped build a bigger difference to 01:14:488 (4,5)
  7. 01:29:486 (2) - again. If this is following the vocals, change this into a slider (with no reverses) and a circle instead, because the new -- uhh-- phrase starts there, and should be clickable. The slider with no reverses will be ample to emphasize the dragging vocal. This is following vocals & xylophone, but from 01:30:736 (1) on I follow the drums as they start there - If 01:30:320 were a circle, there would be no differentiation to the following circles even though they are mapped to something entirely different. Also, imo a reverse gives a note more emphasis than a simple slidertail, so since the xylophone is very prominent at 01:29:903 it fits perfectly imo
  8. 02:29:052 (1) - If you're following the.. idk? wind instrument in the background. This should be given a jump for emphasis and consistency, since you add a jump on 02:42:783 (1) - and 02:46:187 (1) - etc. Nope, I'm following the vocals that are still holding until 02:31:208 so I made a long, 'holding' pattern until there, these vocals here are kinda the highlight of the whole song for me, see [Childish] ^^
  9. 02:53:056 (1) - I'm not really sure about the SV decrease here. They are pretty much similar to the kiais, just with vocals. Additionally, it has pretty much the same intensity as the kiais has. I get what you mean, the major purpose behind this is to make the next Kiai feel more intense again, otherwise it would just feel boring imo - I know it's not 100% ideal, but I can't think of a better way :/ I don't think it's too bad though (or even noticable actually ^^)
  10. 03:18:766 (3) - 03:22:180 (3) - why there are jumps on these two @_@ They are pretty arbitrary imo, since you don't add a jump on similar notes such as 03:25:580 (3) - 03:15:365 (3) - There's very strong trumpets (or whatever) there that aren't at the other places :
  11. 03:09:330 (4) - this should be curved, but i guess you ran out of space lolol lol nope, the vocals end shortly before that slider, so I mapped this one straight representing the trumpets
  12. 03:41:028 (1) - why there's no jump on this one? I thought you were accelerating things up according to the music's intensity and 03:34:208 (1) - 03:37:606 (1) - Technically kinda true, I guess I ran out of space this time lol, but actually I think it also works pretty well to build up more intensity in this combo 03:41:028 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) where there's continuously strong drum-hits, emphasizing the usual sound less at the start of this combo makes the rest of the combo more emphasized in comparison
Oy, big thanks for this mod, I denied almost everything but your points were very well-reasoned and justified, keep up the good work! :D
CrystilonZ

Bonsai wrote:

I'm not sure about the timing here. Why am I questioning the timing god about the timing kill me If I have not mistaken, it follows the xylophone thingy sounds, which is kinda weird imo since the drums are kinda stronger. You'll need to specify "here" more lol - Seems like you might be talking about this section 01:30:736 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - The thing is that this is neither mapped to xylophone nor drums accurately, it's right in-between those because all of those notes are clickable, so they audio-feedback depends purely on the player's input, but the player can't know which instrument I timed to, so in order to avoid unnecessary 100s I did a 'compromise' which should still allow the player to get 300s when they hit one of them rather accurately since this is only OD3 I forgot the timestamp QAQ but yes, I was talking about that point.
  1. 00:38:532 (2) - I don't see any reason for this jump & sharp turn rly. If you have reasons, it's fine, but if not, please remove it. The spacing is pretty consistent priorly and there is hardly a jump. This is not very strong imo, and the music is even slowing down imo. uhhh I think you messed something up bc there is no jump at that timestamp lol 01:11:917 (1) - QAQ
Oy, big thanks for this mod, I denied almost everything but your points were very well-reasoned and justified, keep up the good work! :D Thanks! >//<
Great to know that you want to give this map some sense of freedom, which actually make sense according to the title, so I won't mention stuff like geometrical pattern anymore~

Some more suggestions~

[Mature]
  1. 02:31:637 (4) - Since you are following the vocals, try adding some flow break on this particular slider here to give some emphasis on the vocal's end~ You have done this actually on 02:38:532 (4) - , which is pretty much identical imo.
  2. 03:18:766 (3) - I do agree that 03:22:180 (3) - has a very strong trumpet sound on it, but I don't think this one also has it.
  3. 01:13:631 (3) - I mean the slider shape, not the rhythm lol. Since you're following many sources at once in lots of places, I guess it won't hurt to make this reflect the vocals too~
  4. 03:47:879 (1) - 03:51:322 (1) - and 03:54:759 (1) - since there's nothing to emphasize after this point, and this is kinda the climax of the song, why shouldn't there be jumps on these notes?
[Childish]
  1. 00:44:571 (1) - seems like sliders around this part follow the dragging thingy in the background. On this particular slider, that voice stops at 00:46:698 -. So, to make the map reflect the music correctly + to add some variation, try shortening this slider to 1 reverse, and then add a circle 1/1 afterward~
  2. 01:04:691 (2) - I'm guessing you're following the dragging vocals. Unlike other sliders -- 01:00:387 (5) - 01:07:239 (4) - -- this slider has a clear vocal end at 01:05:963 which is much shorter then the vocals on other sliders. Thus, this one should be shorter. A slider without reverse perhaps?
  3. 01:11:917 (3) - again, this should be one reverse shorter, because of the vocals. Additionally, this one is kinda similar to 01:07:239 (4) - just minus the xylophone thingy.
  4. 01:30:736 (3) - again, this should be one reverse shorter, because of the vocals. Also, it might be a good idea to make this spot a short break to emphasize the intensity rise afterward~ That means, leave 01:32:886 - open.
  5. 02:14:074 (1,1) - the music transition right here is a little bit anti-climatic imo. I mean, the vocal is so intense that it cracks at 02:14:494 - and suddenly it drops down lol. Why don't try reflecting that? A short jump or an anti-jump at 02:15:333 (1) - will do, and just return to regular DS afterward.
  6. 02:54:787 (3) - I don't know if this flow break is intentional to emphasize the vocal --> instrumental transition of not. Anyway, if this were curved to the right, it would improve the flow~
Really well done~

Good luck with this!
Topic Starter
Bonsai
omg page 2 finally \o/

CrystilonZ wrote:

Some more suggestions~

[Mature]
  1. 02:31:637 (4) - Since you are following the vocals, try adding some flow break on this particular slider here to give some emphasis on the vocal's end~ You have done this actually on 02:38:532 (4) - , which is pretty much identical imo. kinda yeah, not entirely since that other one is building up intensity to 02:39:382 but yeah, I didn't make it break flow entirely but I swapped it horizontally which doesn't affect gameplay that much but visuals ^^
  2. 03:18:766 (3) - I do agree that 03:22:180 (3) - has a very strong trumpet sound on it, but I don't think this one also has it. I think so lol, it's just at a lower pitch - It's like at 03:32:476 (3) - 03:35:916 (3) -
  3. 01:13:631 (3) - I mean the slider shape, not the rhythm lol. Since you're following many sources at once in lots of places, I guess it won't hurt to make this reflect the vocals too~ Well but straight sliders are already the shape I use when I follow nothing in particular, going to any other shape after that would be kinda backwards - Just think of it as me ignoring vocals completely in order to make this combo feel like a small 'break' in order to build up intensity to 01:15:345 again
  4. 03:47:879 (1) - 03:51:322 (1) - and 03:54:759 (1) - since there's nothing to emphasize after this point, and this is kinda the climax of the song, why shouldn't there be jumps on these notes? mh idk really, I just feel like that would be a bit too much bc I never did jumps onto circles before so I didn't want to introduce it so late, and I think it wouldn't look so nice aesthetically either
[Childish]
  1. 00:44:571 (1) - seems like sliders around this part follow the dragging thingy in the background. On this particular slider, that voice stops at 00:46:698 -. So, to make the map reflect the music correctly + to add some variation, try shortening this slider to 1 reverse, and then add a circle 1/1 afterward~ Nah they're not, that seems to inaudible to me to focus, those are basically just filler-drum-sliders
  2. 01:04:691 (2) - I'm guessing you're following the dragging vocals. Unlike other sliders -- 01:00:387 (5) - 01:07:239 (4) - -- this slider has a clear vocal end at 01:05:963 which is much shorter then the vocals on other sliders. Thus, this one should be shorter. A slider without reverse perhaps? I totally see your point and thought so myself already, but I never left random 1/1-gaps unmapped anywhere else, a gap being covered by a sliderbody with a slidertick is still different to a complete empty gap.. I'll think about it some more, but I don't think I'm gonna change it :/
  3. 01:11:917 (3) - again, this should be one reverse shorter, because of the vocals. Additionally, this one is kinda similar to 01:07:239 (4) - just minus the xylophone thingy. As in [Childish], this is just supposed to be a filler-slider bc the vocals seem so minor to me there, and ofc it would leave a gap again - 01:07:239 (4) has the 'advantage' of being an offbeat-slider which made it possible to continue with a filler-slider directly 1/2 afterwards, which would feel weird at that other place since then the filler-slider would be offbeat for no particular reason
  4. 01:30:736 (3) - again, this should be one reverse shorter, because of the vocals. Also, it might be a good idea to make this spot a short break to emphasize the intensity rise afterward~ That means, leave 01:32:886 - open. This one is mapped to the xylophone-thingy - Deleting the last reverse would mean that 01:33:316 would have to be clickable even though it has no special sound on it (other than xylophone ofc) as opposed to 01:33:746 (4) which has the vocals, so that would make differentiation impossible
  5. 02:14:074 (1,1) - the music transition right here is a little bit anti-climatic imo. I mean, the vocal is so intense that it cracks at 02:14:494 - and suddenly it drops down lol. Why don't try reflecting that? A short jump or an anti-jump at 02:15:333 (1) - will do, and just return to regular DS afterward. uhmm that last timestamp confuses me a bit - 02:15:333 (1) seems very important to me, as it is the start of the instrumentals and background-vocals, so an antijump onto that doesn't make much sense to me, and I don't consider 02:14:494 that intense either, it doesn't even seem like a voice-crak at all to me, the lyrics just have a word that gets pronounced like this - Nonetheless, it is alread more emphasized than 02:14:913 bc as I mentioned previously I believe that reverses give more empahsis than tails. I see no issue with this, I actually consider the lyrics on 02:14:074 (1) as filler lol
  6. 02:54:787 (3) - I don't know if this flow break is intentional to emphasize the vocal --> instrumental transition of not. Anyway, if this were curved to the right, it would improve the flow~ Yeah it is intentional, helps differentiate the instrumentals from the vocals prior and after this slider ^^
Really well done~ thanks ^^

Good luck with this!
Thanks a lot for the effort again! even tho I denied almost everything again lol aaa I got your PM btw but didn't have the motivation to look at that yet, will respond to it later today or tomorrow >-<

also I noticed that I forgot to reset Kiai for fountain-effect at 02:38:957 - 02:39:382 so I did that now~
also I added a quote to the description which might passively get more people to try the easier diff too lol (probably not tho, whatever)
Izzywing
rip? :(
Topic Starter
Bonsai

Hobbes2 wrote:

rip? :(
CodeS
A Sigur Rós song in Osu!?

Holy fucking fuck, this is awesome, the entire Takk album is pure art, love Hoppípolla and Glósóli

Good luck with the map.
Topic Starter
Bonsai
revived \o/

did some hitsounding changes:
  1. Childish is now using drum-hitnormals almost everywhere, I added more finishes in the first half of the break, used a few normal-hitnormals in the Kiais and especially at the last bookmark, added a silent soft-sliderslide.wav and used it on two sliders (slaps Modding Assistant), used some drum-whistles in the part between the Kiais where the vocals set in again, and tweaked some volumes around
  2. Mature got those new finishes in the first half of the map too
and Exile- provided the code for the new pulsating-SB in the Kiais, huge thanks to you! <3
I'll experiment around a bit more with the SB for the very end, maybe I'll fade it to black and also add a silent applause.wav, gotta go to bed now though~ added SB for intro and outro too \:D/

@Katyusha: thanks :D
Mint
inconsistent kiai's, was there a reason for that? i cant remember orz

also, i feel epilepsy warning is still needed.. the pulse things arent strong at all, but combined with the kiai stuff better be safe

call me back
Topic Starter
Bonsai
HOPPALA!!
(sry for that lol)

fixed/applied both~
Mint
Lasse
👀

changed some samplesets
Topic Starter
Bonsai