forum

CBT Project [Catch the Beat Beginner Tutorial]

posted
Total Posts
show more
eldnl

Kingkevin30 wrote:

eldnl wrote:

Ask someone to help you with that, someone who plays enough to know a lot of beatmaps (:
what about you :) :) :)
I don't know a lot of beatmaps u-u
I mean, actually ranked ones.
X-kushina_korra-X
Can I add more than 4 fruits? (Banana is not included) I want to make my own CTB skin n 4 is nor enough 4 me actually.... Can it be added? :P
Kurokami

X-kushina_korra-X wrote:

Can I add more than 4 fruits? (Banana is not included) I want to make my own CTB skin n 4 is nor enough 4 me actually.... Can it be added? :P
Nope. Only the ones will be used even if you add 3 more. Because they have exact name and osu! is using those. Altough you can add more in a folder as a little extra. Maybe someone will like them.
Riari
You can also dash with LMB as a default.

It would be nice to do a skinned fruit collection for people to look through, much like the ryuuta thread.

t/163298
t/195803

These would also be good links to add in if people miss out on them.

EDIT: Just noticed this was necro'd, RIP.
Nokeru
Good luck with this, otouto~
If I see something I could help you, I'll tell you <3
iiyo
You should also note that CTB relys on senses that you wouldn't use in standard play such as combo checking, sound and visual memorization, etc etc and you should also go more in depth about mods.

Edit: You should also note kai time since it has a big impact on HD play.

Thanks~

All you have to do is go left and right and catch the fruits, it can't be that hard right...? jk jk
Yukiteru Amano

Storm- wrote:

You should also note that CTB relys on senses that you wouldn't use in standard play such as combo checking, sound and visual memorization, etc etc and you should also go more in depth about mods.

Edit: You should also note kai time since it has a big impact on HD play.

Thanks~

All you have to do is go left and right and catch the fruits, it can't be that hard right...? jk jk

Well Said! +1
Topic Starter
Kingkevin30
i hope you realize that this Thread is already abonded for 1 year xD...maybe i will someday come back to this to go more in depth what you can do to improve yourself...the different kinds of abillity's you need to master Mod's AR,CS and stuff..but right now i don't really know on how i could explain these things in an easy to understand manner that will help you achieve these goals
Granger

Kingkevin30 wrote:

different kinds of abillity's you need to master Mod's AR,CS and stuff..but right now i don't really know on how i could explain these things in an easy to understand manner that will help you achieve these goals
Well, to put it in the words the people at the G&R forum use so often..

"Just play more."

And even there, they are right, these abilities come when you expose yourself to this stuff and just play more. The only issue is to make this sentence sound appealing and helpfull. xD
Topic Starter
Kingkevin30

Granger wrote:

Well, to put it in the words the people at the G&R forum use so often..

"Just play more."

And even there, they are right, these abilities come when you expose yourself to this stuff and just play more. The only issue is to make this sentence sound appealing and helpfull. xD
yeah, but the thing that can be helped about it is to expose them to this kind of stuff..but you have to give them some kind of start point, so they can see where they are standing right now, and which kind of maps fit the skill they have a lack of.
Topic Starter
Kingkevin30
I gave this year old dead thread a little overhaul, but im still not finished with it...it would be nice if some CTB Mappers and Modders could help me out and tell me what kinda information is still lacking (and answer the questions i stated in my post itself xD)
BoberOfDarkness
Add DaxMasterix as creator of sakuzyo - AXION [Red Light ~CtB~]
Zak
Under "Train your skills" you called the dash button the Hyperdash-button twice, you may want to fix that typo.

I also may or may not suggest some maps for the lists in the near future
JBHyperion
If you're still working on this, I recently compiled a guide on "how to mod CtB" that goes over the basics of how to use the editor, how to format your suggestions, what to look out for and how to improve it, etc. Might be worth including, the more publicity the better xD

t/449353
Bunnrei
nice self-advert jbh :')
JBHyperion

Chara wrote:

Hey I didn't write it for nothing (^:
Topic Starter
Kingkevin30

JBHyperion wrote:

Chara wrote:

Hey I didn't write it for nothing (^:
Thx ^^ forgot that i could add it~ Btw do you any other suggestions on what i could add? and maybe something for the "Community Training Suggestions"
i finally want to put something inside those Boxes, lol
Topic Starter
Kingkevin30
edit: added the newly amanded Ranking Criteria to the Mapping Section (hope i put in the right ones in, tell me if i made any mistakes)
Tidus420
Kann mir nicht vorstellen dass man die ersten cup maps ohne diesen Boost auf SS spielen kann mit is viel einfacher :P
WarXdoud
Thanks for the tutorial, i don't have many beatmaps to train every pattern. Now, i'll train CtB :) (sorry, i don't speak a lot English so i didn't understand everything in the tutorial :x)
Kimitakari
Somebody pin this
claudio rolna
thanks to this thread, Im pretty good at ctb now 2013 and 2014 i was the worst at ctb
now in 2016 i think im pretty good
FPGG
Great guide ty :3
Mamat
I think this can be Bloody-Fruit in the Hell.
Ew4n -II-
I hope i can improve with this.
StevAna
I think the beatmaps section should be updated since some of them have been deleted.
Mamat
New link for Galaxy Collapse
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/521900
LordAverage
Old thread but thank you it's helped me stay motivated to learn this mode. I'm upto early-mid "hard patterns&speed" section and a few of the maps are a huge pain but i'm improving. (as well as that HP8 map in the previous section being crazy).
KuriKuri-Ame
Great guide, thanks!!
frieswithbruh
pretty useful
Tazvor
Sorta figured out the difficulties a bit already, though CTB focused maps are something else then just the STD maps.
[ Sebastian ]

frieswithbruh wrote:

pretty useful
You necroposted after five years to say that?
Nikolai

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

frieswithbruh wrote:

pretty useful
You necroposted after five years to say that?
👍