forum

This is very Off-Topic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashton
lets see how long this takes to be locked

real question here:

if something is off-topic then how are you suppsed to start a new topic? Is starting a new topic off-topic? Off-Topic should be renaemd to 'shitposts', because being off-topic means there should be a topic already in place?

Stop posting.
I'm sorry

User silenced les overide his que with requests
thanks you!

Whirl's modding que is closed, I am saying this since eh is closed, thanks for your intrest
they obviously didn't know

sorry I just like making off-topic conversations, being off-topic isn't a 'bad' thing, right?
STFU
Tae

2015071 wrote:

STFU
probably the only time I'll agree with you on something
Topic Starter
Ashton

2015071 wrote:

STFU
ugh your the person who has like, 40 silences? LMAO
Navizel

indeed
Razzy
ok
FuZ
Bweh

Whirl wrote:

real question here:

if something is off-topic then how are you suppsed to start a new topic? Is starting a new topic off-topic? Off-Topic should be renaemd to 'shitposts', because being off-topic means there should be a topic already in place?

sorry I just like making off-topic conversations, being off-topic isn't a 'bad' thing, right?
Aren't you a rebel

The whole idea of having an Off-Topic section is to have a catch-all term for any topic that doesn't belong anywhere else. In other words, the forum section known as "Off-Topic" is defined relative to the rest of the forums, not the topics held within itself. By extension, your topic here would be off-topic by virtue of covering something none of the other forum sections are supposed to. So the "topic in place" in this scenario would be the other forum sections. You would fail to be off topic by bringing up a topic already covered by the other forums. That's as far as topic-making goes, anyway.

When it comes to actual discussion and posting, you can be off-topic by deviating from the original topic (the OP). In this aspect, being off-topic is relative to the topic at hand, and would be very much expected since this is the name of the section you are on. In some cases, this can be good as going off on a tangent could make an otherwise boring thread very much enjoyable.

Of course, with osu!, you already have General Discussion filling that niche, so Off-Topic ends up being the back alley version of that. Thus, you end up with what is practically the shitposting section, but nobody in the staff would outright make that change except maybe for an april fool's joke.
Topic Starter
Ashton

Brian OA wrote:

Whirl wrote:

real question here:

Aren't you a rebel

The whole idea of having an Off-Topic section is to have a catch-all term for any topic that doesn't belong anywhere else. In other words, the forum section known as "Off-Topic" is defined relative to the rest of the forums, not the topics held within itself. By extension, your topic here would be off-topic by virtue of covering something none of the other forum sections are supposed to. So the "topic in place" in this scenario would be the other forum sections. You would fail to be off topic by bringing up a topic already covered by the other forums. That's as far as topic-making goes, anyway.

When it comes to actual discussion and posting, you can be off-topic by deviating from the original topic (the OP). In this aspect, being off-topic is relative to the topic at hand, and would be very much expected since this is the name of the section you are on. In some cases, this can be good as going off on a tangent could make an otherwise boring thread very much enjoyable.

Of course, with osu!, you already have General Discussion filling that niche, so Off-Topic ends up being the back alley version of that. Thus, you end up with what is practically the shitposting section, but nobody in the staff would outright make that change except maybe for an april fool's joke.
lol you took it way too seriously, this was a joke :P
Stefan
Except not everything in OT is counted as shitpost - while yours is one of the exceptions.
Bweh

Whirl wrote:

I know, it was just so bad I wouldn't have gotten any satisfaction out of it otherwise.
Topic Starter
Ashton

Brian OA wrote:

Whirl wrote:

I know, it was just so bad I wouldn't have gotten any satisfaction out of it otherwise.

lol
Topic Starter
Ashton

Stefan wrote:

Except not everything in OT is counted as shitpost - while yours is one of the exceptions.

:/ yea I guessssssssssssss
abraker
I'm here to kill the thread. Where the ammo?
Xiaolin

pro
Topic Starter
Ashton

Lapis Aoki wrote:

pro

me pro
Saracen
You have scarred me for life
Topic Starter
Ashton

saracenTT8 wrote:

You have scarred me for life

I am good
DeletedUser_6709840
Lol, I somehow have more kudosu than you
Topic Starter
Ashton

RoseusJaeger wrote:

Lol, I somehow have more kudosu than you

MAYBE BECAUSE I have no computer for the next week aaaaaa :o
DeletedUser_6709840
oh rip
NeXt4r_

2015071 wrote:

STFU
this time is not me

SPOILER
VERY RARE
Agatsu
nice thread

abraker wrote:

I'm here to kill the thread. Where the ammo?
Nameless
jump off a cliff bellend
Razzy
off-topic: "bellend" is one of my favorite insults
Nameless
Same
too bad you can't use it you dumb American
jk
Blobishh_old
if this forum is off-topic because its unrelated,soo... is this thread means off-thread beacuse it doesnt relate with the topic whatsoever? I mean, Im really confused here
Asami Anny
Im really confused here x2
NeXt4r_
nah is not bro look the rule
Topic Starter
Ashton
this topic is very nice
show more