Yes
64.18%
No
35.82%
Total votes: 67
show more
Topic Starter
Mara
Thanks for posting this. Now I am going to wait it BADLY.
Metroid

DataCirno wrote:

hybrid579 wrote:

But they bring back dedicated servers on Steam now, right?
I don't think CoDBO will be stuck on Steam. But yeah, dedicated servers are back, as Josh said.

Remco32 wrote:

Wait, one of the best features in Halo 3 was that you can record your games?
What are you hinting at? The thing what is cool about theater mode is that you can look your matches from every angel you want.

Yes, the game records ALL movement and player data and simulates it in theater mode. Just like in Halo 3.

Also, FUCK YEAH DEDICATED SERVERS!

I love the RC bomb and the Camera.
S&D JUST GOT A LITTLE MORE INTERESTING!

I'm going to be DLing the Multiplayer Demo when it comes out if there is one for PC....
Topic Starter
Mara

Metroid wrote:

S&D JUST GOT A LITTLE MORE INTERESTING!
1. Place Camera Spike next to bombsite
2. Plant the bomb
3. ???
4. Damn why did you break my camera you damn noob
UtsukimiJerry
I watched IGN Daily Fix because I was bored and Treyach said that there will be a hardened and prestige edition of Black Ops. No one is sure of what it will contain but yes they are doing it again.

And really, I have high hopes for the next series.
Rolled

Xanek wrote:

DICK IS HARD.
Topic Starter
Mara
COD BLACK OPS MP REVEAL IN ONE HOUR

Streams:

We The Gamerz 1 (Mobile Phone)
We The Gamerz 2 (Mobile Phone)
We The Gamerz 3 (Capture Card)
We The Gamerz Event (All 3 Streams)
Carbonfibah
Killamonkey
Nathan8er
Fwiz

It's 3 AM in Finland... god dammit.

EDIT: DELAYED by one hour lol
Xanek
Starting in 30 minutes CST, i'll watch it when on youtube though, livestreams are a bitch
Topic Starter
Mara

I don't like that they are using crossbows and knifes al the timel in dat video.
Xanek
look @ dat poorly designed anti-aircraft/ w.e. the fuck it is @2:46, and wtf, CoD points to get more weapons? lame
Nharox
Well, at least there are dedicated servers again. Too bad it's still Call of Duty.
Topic Starter
Mara

Nharox wrote:

Too bad it's still Call of Duty.
Like Treyarch will make Operation Flashpoint with the title Call of Duty:BO.
Roddie
I'm getting the feeling the ballistic knife will be a cheap weapon to use. ._.

Since it has that kinda distance to kill you in one hit. ._.

But some of new game modes looks like they are fun to play. Like One in the Chamber. lol
Xanek

fuck those videos, have a look @ these

inb4 this was the beta
Topic Starter
Mara
It's pretty funny that people think Gun Game is something really new thing.

Not sayin' GG should not be there, but... just sayin'.
Topic Starter
Mara
Sorry for double post, but I'll just copypaste everything what people have found in CoDwiki.

General

* Highest level of rank is level 50 and prestige mode is still in online ranks.
* Vehicles will return, but they will be very different than those in Call of Duty: World at War; some are now killstreaks as opposed to map items, such as the Chopper Gunner.
* Some campaign levels will be based off multiplayer maps instead of the typical vice-versa. This change is because some multiplayer maps had been made before the campaign was finalized.
* The PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops will feature dedicated servers. [10]
* Players can now record, manage, edit and upload in-game video clips to their file share via "theatre mode."
* Matchmaking is being changed so that it is easier for friends to play together.
* In-game currency will be used to purchase weapons and upgrades.
* In the Black Ops rank system, the player must level up to unlock weapons for purchase.
* Split screen online for the Xbox 360 has been implemented.
* Unlike in World at War, submachine guns will have full movement speed while aiming down the sights, as they did in most other Call of Duty games.

Confirmed Multiplayer Maps

* Summit
* Launch
* Radiation
* Cracked

Gametypes

* Team Deathmatch will return; however, points for headshots and other bonuses will be added to the team's score.
* Capture the Flag
* Search and Destroy
* Demolition
* Hardcore Team Deathmatch
* Headquarters
* Sabotage
* Domination
* Combat Training: Fight against enemy AI in a training mode.

CoD Points

CoD Points are a new major feature of Black Ops. CoD Points will become the new in-game currency and will allow players to buy weapons, attachments, and Contracts. In addition to this, players are also allowed to wager these points in certain game modes.
Contracts

Contracts are a new system in addition to the classic challenge system in Black Ops. A player is able to buy a contract with CoD Points, which will then direct them to complete an object. Completion of a contract will yield a higher CoD point payout than what was originally paid for the contract itself.
Wager Matches

A new mode with a separate ranking structure than the standard online modes, will allow players to gamble with their money. However, only the top three will receive the prize. They will be placed into one of four random modes:

* One in the Chamber - each player is given a pistol with one bullet and a knife. For each kill achieved the player will receive one more bullet. However, each player will only have three lives.
* Sharpshooter - each player is given the same random weapon. The weapon will be used for 45 seconds before being switched out for another one. Kills will award the player with perks and score multipliers.
* Sticks and Stones - each player receives only a crossbow, ballistic knife, and a Tomahawk. The catch in this gamemode is that if the player was able to hit an enemy with a Tomahawk, the enemy player will go "bankrupted".
* Gun Game - players start out with a pistol. For each kill they move up a level, granting them a better gun. First person to achieve kills with all 20 weapons wins. However, someone who is knifed will move down a level.

Create a Class

* Create-A-Class 2.0 will allow players to customize their appearance in addition to their loadout. Players may see what their character looks like while choosing a class, as the player's basic appearance will be determined by their Tier 1 Perk. Players will also be able to choose a Facepaint pattern.
* Some sights such as the Red Dot Sight can use custom reticules which includes choice of shape and color.
* Gun camouflages will be featured in Black Ops and will be far more numerous than in previous Call of Duty games.
* Players' clan tags are engraved onto their guns.

Perks of Call of Duty: Black Ops

Tier 1 Perks Lightweight · Scavenger · Ghost · Flak Jacket · Hardline
Tier 2 Perks Hardened · Scout · Steady Aim · Sleight of Hand · Warlord
Tier 3 Perks Marathon · Ninja · Second Chance · Hacker · Tactical Mask

Killstreaks

* 3 kill streaks: Spy Plane, RC-XD
* 4 kill streaks: Counter-Spy Plane, SAM Turret
* 5 kill streaks: Care Package, Napalm Strike
* 6 kill streaks: Sentry Gun, Mortar Team
* 7 kill streaks: Attack Helicopter, Valkyrie Rockets
* 8 kill streaks: Blackbird, Rolling Thunder
* 9 kill streaks: Chopper Gunner
* 11 kill streaks: Attack Dogs, Gunship

PC-only information

* The PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops will feature dedicated servers.[11]
* Modding tools and the leaning feature will return, though it is likely that the modding tools will come out a bit after the game has been released.
* The PC version will be using Steam as DRM and will be using VAC as an anti-cheating tool.
* Players can choose a server via a server browser screen or use matchmaking to send a lobby to a server chosen by the game.
* Dedicated servers must be rented.
* Unranked servers are completely customizable while ranked ones let the renter choose levels and gametypes.

Console-only information

* Treyarch has confirmed that it will be close to impossible to use any kind of mods in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
* Matchmaking is being changed so that it is easier for friends to play together.

Assault Rifles

* M16
* Enfield
* M14
* FAMAS
* Galil[12]
* AUG
* FAL
* AK-47
* Commando
* G11[13]

Submachine Guns

* MP5K
* MAC-11
* AK-74u[14]
* Skorpion
* Uzi
* Spectre M4
* MPL
* PM-63

Light Machine Guns

* RPK
* M60
* HK21
* Death Machine

Sniper Rifles

* L96A1
* Dragunov[15]
* WA2000

Shotguns

* SPAS
* KS-23[16]
* Stakeout
* HS-10
* Olympia

Pistols

* M1911
* Python
* Makarov[17]
* ASP
* CZ75

Launchers

* RPG-7
* China Lake
* M72 LAW
* Grim Reaper

Other

* Crossbow
* Ballistic Knife

Attachments

* Extended Magazines
* Dual Mag
* ACOG Scope
* Red Dot Sight
* Reflex
* Masterkey Shotgun
* Flamethrower
* Infrared Scope
* Grenade Launcher
* Suppressor
* Swarovski Scope
* Snub Nose
* Flashlight
* Dual Wield
* Speed Reloader (Python only)

Alternate Ammo Types

* Dragon's Breath
* Explosive Bolts

Weapon Camouflages

* Dusty
* Ice
* Red
* Olive
* Nevada
* Sahara
* ERDL
* Tiger
* Berlin
* Warsaw
* Siberia
* Yukon
* Woodland
* Flora

Equipment

* Jammer
* Motion Sensor
* Tactical Insertion
* C4
* Claymore
* Camera Spike

Tactical Grenades

* Willy Pete
* Nova Gas
* Flashbang
* Concussion
* Decoy

Lethal Grenades

* M67
* Semtex
* Tomahawk

As you can see, the weapon list is now much larger then it is in my first copypaste. I'll edit the opening post.
Lunah_old
Oh if it will have dedicate servers will beat for sure (i'm talking about pc), because MW2 is unplayable ._. so lag

And i hope for a "promod" like call of duty 4, whereby people can play tournaments, and something
Remco32
Seems like a lot of problems from MW2 will be fixed. This could actually be a fun game.
Teras
No scar on assault rifles?! Noes
Topic Starter
Mara
Some news folks.

- Pro perks doesn't require only kills. They also require perks own challenges which was seen in multiplayer video.
- Treyarch is fighting against noobtubing though they are adding it in Black Ops

Copypasted directly from CoDWikia
SPOILER
1 Tubes are the most expensive attachments so far.

2 Flak Jacket makes its return

3 They cannot be used with Warlord (bling)

4 They cannot be refilled using scavenger.

5 No danger close/fireworks/sonicboom

- Online stats recording confirmed?

Also, for bad news
It has been confirmed by Josh Olin on the official Call of Duty site that dedicated servers for Black Ops can only be ordered from Gameservers.com .
Lunah_old
wow i hope this game will be good
Topic Starter
Mara
Sleight of Hand Pro will be the same.

Except.... This found from the tweet by David Vonderharr

Sleight of Hand Pro does not work with any sniper class weapon.
Which means quickscoping is now harder in vanilla.
Topic Starter
Mara
Topic Starter
Mara
Let's bump this shit up.

If someone of you haven't heard yet, there is leaked beta going on at the minute. You need modded Xbox360 though.

Don't try to watch CoDWiki at the moment, since you can't add information about leaked data.

EDIT: You also have to use JTAG for modding.
Rolled
I'm glad to see at least one person on osu is as excited for this as I am ^____^

360 though? I'm ps3 :(
Topic Starter
Mara

Rolled wrote:

360 though? I'm ps3 :(
Well I'm Mister PC.
Topic Starter
Mara
Bump for justice!

Call of Duty: Black Ops PC Minimum System Requirements:

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
Memory: 12 GB free hard drive space / 2GB RAM
Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better

CoD:BO needs moar power than MW2 or WaW - if you can run BC2 well, then you're fine.
Pasonia
-
Remco32

LunaticMara wrote:

CoD:BO needs moar power than MW2 or WaW - if you can run BC2 well, then you're fine.
Why? It's the same engine producing almost the same graphics...
Pre-ordered BO for a price 35 euro's
Topic Starter
Mara

Remco32 wrote:

Why? It's the same engine producing almost the same graphics...
Pre-ordered BO for a price 35 euro's
Game will run in heavily modified, enhanced WaW engine.
Topic Starter
Mara
Launch Trailer is up;

Are you ready guys? Remember, if you need a buddy for zombie mode, you can add me. (I'm sure Imma going play that too alot)

SteamID is lunaticmara
Xanek
Theres a pentagon map for black ops zombie, and you play as Kennedy, Nixon, Castro, and ... some other dude that idk who he is, saw a vid on youtube before activision took it off
Topic Starter
Mara
It's still out there, if you want it I can try and search it again for you.

...though it also contain SP major spoiler.

And I have to say that zombie gameplay looked really awesome.

EDIT: By the way, what was that site where you can pre-order Black Ops in about 30-40 euros? One friend of mine needs it.
Remco32
http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/p ... 66332.html
http://www.game.co.uk/PC-Games-and-Down ... Black-Ops/

Dunno how much shipping to Finland will cost. I bought mine on The Hut when it was €35. Shipping to Holland is €1
Topic Starter
Mara
Thanks mate.
Two_old
this game is going to suck pretty hard
Xanek
MW 2 sucked because they never fixed the glitches, and also no dedicated server, Black ops = 1000x what mw2 was

also fml I want to buy itttt, BUT I CANT USE MY MONEY... STILL
IppE

A good hour of talking about multiplayer.
Topic Starter
Mara
Thanks for sharing - I'll be watching it in a moment.
Rolled
Hour long video was pretty sweet. What class would you guys be using?

http://www.cod7blackops.com/perks/

My try hard would be ghost, ninja, and probably sleight of hand. Second slot perks don't amuse me too much.

I think a fun class would be bling, scavenger, and tactical mask, assuming tactical mask's pro ability is half as good as it sounds.

Also, ninja took a pretty hard nerf (imo) in this game. First of all, you'll be visible to motion censors (you need hacker pro for that ability), and second of all, it gives you sitrep pro's mw2 ability of making footsteps louder. This is shitty for sound whores in mw2, it just makes you paranoid. People sound way closer than they are, and I am a huge sound whore (px21 turtle beach brah) so I'm not looking forward to this unless it adds range to how far you can hear footsteps, rather than just making them louder.
Topic Starter
Mara
As I did in MW2 often, I'll be taking killstreaks down. I really don't have any plans though, I choose my weapon and perk once I get the game.
show more