forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
SirLiony

Shima Luan wrote:

You are probably talking about the fading of the hit circle, which in that case you cant necessarily directly disable
Is there a file for it? I don't want to disable it but I want to use it for my custom skin.
xxdinorabbitxx

SirLiony wrote:

Shima Luan wrote:

You are probably talking about the fading of the hit circle, which in that case you cant necessarily directly disable
Is there a file for it? I don't want to disable it but I want to use it for my custom skin.
No
dws123
Quick question, is the "New Skin Template" from the 1st page still up-to-date?
I'm planning to try another go at skinning, but this time I wanna try the Version: 2.x stuff.

Thx~
xxdinorabbitxx

dws123 wrote:

Quick question, is the "New Skin Template" from the 1st page still up-to-date?
I'm planning to try another go at skinning, but this time I wanna try the Version: 2.x stuff.

Thx~
No
dws123

Shima Luan wrote:

No
Any idea where I get an up-to-date template?
or perhaps a skin I can use as a guideline?
xxdinorabbitxx

dws123 wrote:

Shima Luan wrote:

No
No idea ;______________________________;
dws123

Shima Luan wrote:

No idea ;______________________________;
Oh well, thanks anyway
MrCrowley

dws123 wrote:

I'd suggest finding a skin you like and just use that as a base.
dws123

MrCrowley wrote:

I'd suggest finding a skin you like and just use that as a base.
I'll just use the latest NeOsu as my template then, thanks for the suggestion
ImTouched
So lately the combobreak for all my skins are default for some reason. Is there some way to get them back?
dws123
In the NuFuze skin I found some elements named scoreentry-x and fps-x
Where do they appear in the game?
Anyone care to enlighten me?

Also is the size of section-fail/pass limited in version: 2.x ?
I can't seem to enlarge it as much as in version: 1.0
mulraf
first of all sorry, obviously i couldn't read through 248 pages and this has probably already been asked, but is there a way to change my colours mode-specific?
i really want my ctb-fruits to have realistic colours (like red, green etc.) but my skin is mostly for standard and uses colours like blue, purple etc. which obviously don't fit what i'm looking for :x
so far my skin.ini looks like this:

[Colours]
Combo1: 125, 125, 255
Combo2: 71, 254, 194
Combo3: 227, 227, 227
Combo4: 19, 255, 255
Combo5: 225, 88, 100
Combo6: 255, 187, 221
Combo7: 255, 94, 55
Combo8: 255, 253, 223
//SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0
//Menuglow: 246, 238, 0

also the menuglow doesn't really work. did i do it wrong :? (also tried it without the //'s and yes, i am a supporter)
Haskorion

dws123 wrote:

In the NuFuze skin I found some elements named scoreentry-x and fps-x
Where do they appear in the game?
Anyone care to enlighten me?

Also is the size of section-fail/pass limited in version: 2.x ?
I can't seem to enlarge it as much as in version: 1.0

Just ignore the fps-x files. They only work on Fallback and never were planned to stay skinnable.

Pass/Fail shouldn't have any restrictions. You maybe just made them too small. Also for HD elements you skin for a 2732x1536 playfield, not 1920x1080.

mulraf wrote:

first of all sorry, obviously i couldn't read through 248 pages and this has probably already been asked, but is there a way to change my colours mode-specific?
i really want my ctb-fruits to have realistic colours (like red, green etc.) but my skin is mostly for standard and uses colours like blue, purple etc. which obviously don't fit what i'm looking for :x

also the menuglow doesn't really work. did i do it wrong :? (also tried it without the //'s and yes, i am a supporter)
There are no mode specific combo colours. osu! and ctb share the colours.

For the glow you must follow correct capitalization for the skin.ini lines. Use "MenuGlow:".
dws123

Haskorion wrote:

Just ignore the fps-x files. They only work on Fallback and never were planned to stay skinnable.

Pass/Fail shouldn't have any restrictions. You maybe just made them too small. Also for HD elements you skin for a 2732x1536 playfield, not 1920x1080.
Thanks for clearing those up m8
[Pw]Forgotten
I want to custom my Menu-Button , But After that , My font was stick with the image , what should I do ? thanks!
My Angel Yaong
alright so I am wondering if the time the hitlighting.png is active is editable.

(with active I mean from the moment when you hit a circle to the moment in stops and has faded out 100% )

pretty much I dont want the hitlighting to stay there aslong as it is, and I am not sure if I can make it shorter using the skin.ini file or if I have to make the image more transparent which I doubt wont be accurate
xxdinorabbitxx

markenergie wrote:

alright so I am wondering if the time the hitlighting.png is active is editable.

(with active I mean from the moment when you hit a circle to the moment in stops and has faded out 100% )

pretty much I dont want the hitlighting to stay there aslong as it is, and I am not sure if I can make it shorter using the skin.ini file or if I have to make the image more transparent which I doubt wont be accurate
yes, you can animate the lighting like you do the motion of the menu back of some skins, i gues you can use blank pngs and a little of playing around to get the desired effect
Haskorion

Shima Luan wrote:

yes, you can animate the lighting like you do the motion of the menu back of some skins, i gues you can use blank pngs and a little of playing around to get the desired effect
You can't animate lighting.png, only lightingN.png and lightingL.png which are used in mania can be animated.

Just disable Hitlighting in the options if you think it stays too long. Having it on does not really give any advantage.
dws123

[Pw]Forgotten wrote:

I want to custom my Menu-Button , But After that , My font was stick with the image , what should I do ? thanks!
Maybe you can make the box wider? iirc menu-button-background is anchored at the right side
xxdinorabbitxx
Shit
777killer77712

dws123 wrote:

[Pw]Forgotten wrote:

Maybe you can make the box wider? iirc menu-button-background is anchored at the right side
RituPepper
Hello, I was trying to find an answer to my question and couldn't find it so here I am asking it:

Is is possible set a certain sound to each comboburst? I mean I have combobursts of many characters and I would like to have them all say something when they pop up.

For example I have comboburst-0.png that is a girl character and I would like that girl to shout yayyy!! But I also have comboburst-1 that is a male and I would like him to shout something else. Now if I make comboburst-0.wav for the girl and comboburst-1.wav for the quy it doesn't really work, they aren't "attached" to the png's meaning sometimes the girl could shout the guys lines instead. I actually have 14 combobursts so when audio plays it's most like the wrong character's one and that's somewhat annoying

I have tried setting the ComboBurstRandom: to 0 and 1 with no luck,
I also tried this
CustomComboBurstSounds: 50,100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,1500,2000
ComboBursts: 50,100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,1500,2000

But honestly I doubt that "ComboBursts:" is a code that actually exists :'D

So?? Does anyone know if this is possible???
ngohavan
Đăng nhập trong osu skinner chỗ nào vậy? :?
(giúp với :cry: )
MrNeener
I have a problem where some random sliders have their circles put off to the side. Not really sure what is causing it.
Gif of the problem here -> https://gyazo.com/de3f9d944aaae772cc6cc0de33e5b4d3
If anyone knows whats happening please help out :D
ngohavan
Tôi ko biết làm combobursts, có ai chỉ với :cry:
ngohavan

RituPepper wrote:

Hello, I was trying to find an answer to my question and couldn't find it so here I am asking it:

Is is possible set a certain sound to each comboburst? I mean I have combobursts of many characters and I would like to have them all say something when they pop up.

For example I have comboburst-0.png that is a girl character and I would like that girl to shout yayyy!! But I also have comboburst-1 that is a male and I would like him to shout something else. Now if I make comboburst-0.wav for the girl and comboburst-1.wav for the quy it doesn't really work, they aren't "attached" to the png's meaning sometimes the girl could shout the guys lines instead. I actually have 14 combobursts so when audio plays it's most like the wrong character's one and that's somewhat annoying

I have tried setting the ComboBurstRandom: to 0 and 1 with no luck,
I also tried this
CustomComboBurstSounds: 50,100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,1500,2000
ComboBursts: 50,100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,1500,2000

But honestly I doubt that "ComboBursts:" is a code that actually exists :'D

So?? Does anyone know if this is possible???

To ask you to do comboburst right? I do not know anywhere, do not you help me? :o
3bdallah
hello :)

i wasnt able to find the glow/splash file that happen with the hit100-0 and the hit50-0 :|
Nathanael
The filenames are particle300.png, particle100.png and particle50.png on their respective scoring values.
3bdallah

Nathanael wrote:

The filenames are particle300.png, particle100.png and particle50.png on their respective scoring values.
ty so much :) :)
Boomdopew
So I would like to know-

If I have gotten someone's permission to use their element for a skin in the past, will I need to ask for permission again to add it into another new skin? :o
xxdinorabbitxx
Well if the person fails to specify on you being able to use it with just saying you can, then i guess. It wouldnt hurt to ask though
Kheryo

MrNeener wrote:

I have a problem where some random sliders have their circles put off to the side. Not really sure what is causing it.
Gif of the problem here -> https://gyazo.com/de3f9d944aaae772cc6cc0de33e5b4d3
If anyone knows whats happening please help out :D
My guess is that you are using default-numbers as hitcircles.
When a combo reaches 10+, the game will put the "default-1" and the "default-0" image side by side.

Either don't do that, or set the "HitCircleOverlap" field in your skin.ini to the width of your default-1.png file, e.g. :
HitCircleOverlap=128

Boomdopew wrote:

So I would like to know-

If I have gotten someone's permission to use their element for a skin in the past, will I need to ask for permission again to add it into another new skin? :o
You must be able to provide proof of permission if asked by any member of the osu! community.
If the author gave you permission "in general", you can.
If he gave you permission for one specific skin however you'll have to ask him again.

But I guess he won't mind if you just go for it and remember to mention him somewhere in the credits :^)
blindfolded
I don't know if anyone asked this before - can I do not one, but multiple sounds for section pass and section fail? If osu would randomly choose them for pass and fail, that would be sweet. Thank you for your answer.
xxdinorabbitxx
No
blindfolded

Shima Luan wrote:

No
Well, I hope they will add such optin some day :)
xxdinorabbitxx

AlisaBoscon wrote:

Shima Luan wrote:

No
Well, I hope they will add such optin some day :)
you can try to request it
blindfolded

Shima Luan wrote:

Shima Luan wrote:

No
you can try to request it
Could you please tell me where exactly do I request such a thing?
xxdinorabbitxx
Dulje
Hello,
after mixing a few skins and adding different features into one skin, I'm kinda confused as to what file changes the key overlay, I mean the number color, not the keys background or their shape.

I have a the Crystalized background and Cookiezi's Shige-Seoul hit numbers but I can't find the file/picture that's responsible for the color change. I would like to change the numbers white so that it fits the background better, because black ones can't be seen while playing.
Kheryo
InputOverlayText: 255,255,255
^ add this to your skin.ini under [Colours]

Have fun :)
show more