forum

Material Design Skin (ft. SkyLifeHope)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

This is the definitive Material Design skin for osu!. Unlike other half-baked Material Design attempts, it comes with a wealth of elements, animations, and Android sounds, and my associate/homeboy SkyLifeHope and I have actually read the Material Design guidelines, unlike this other dude.

Some search keywords: Android, Marshmallow, Lollipop, KitKat, Jelly Bean, Google, Samsung, Flat Design, Roboto

Principles
In Material Design, everything is made of a virtual board. It is always 1 pixel thick, can be rotated, but cannot be bent. It can expand and contract, change shape, and even split into and connect with other pieces. This was called “Quantum Paper” in the early versions of Material Design, but now we simply call this mysterious yet intuitive material...“Material”.

Material moves just like anything else in the world: it accelerates, and decelerates. It never suddenly starts moving at a certain speed. Material casts a shadow on Material below it. However, unlike real-life objects, Material can be colored in shades of gray, vivid colors, or even photographs or videos. Material can be generated spontaneously anywhere, and can disappear into thin air.

In making this skin, we have taken in account the properties of Material Design, and imagined the structure of everything in the osu! Client out of Material. Shadows were added with intent. The hit responses, slider ball, and follow point were fully animated. The wallpaper was made from scratch. Mod icons were chosen from their meaning. Even the text in the pause and fail backgrounds are compatible to the guidelines.

Material Design. Not Just Flat Design with Roboto™.

Customization
This skin is rich in customization, and even includes a whole alternate “Night Mode” color scheme. You can even use the custom lifebar template included with the skin! The list of all customization is shown below:

Screenshots
(Please excuse the Discord overlay. I didn't think it would make it into the actual screenshots.)

Mania not supported yet, sorry! :(

Download
Clicking the above word “Download” will take you to MediaFire for an .osk download.

WARNING: It is forbidden to publish any mix skin containing elements from this skin. No exceptions.

Hitsounds taken from Aesthetic by Redon.
Disclaimer: No matter how authentic this skin looks, neither I nor SkyLifeHope are affiliated to Google.
softhusky
Mania Coming up!
- Mika -
Wow that really neat, really like it haha! good job :)
Egorithm
like it lol, looks like android lollipop skin but this is better. Good job
Xial
Really good job but the ranking screen could be better.
crystalsuicune
I dunno man,it looks polished alright but promoting your skin in the expense of someone else's feels kind of,well,not sporting to me.
_Indeketsu

crystalsuicune wrote:

I dunno man,it looks polished alright but promoting your skin in the expense of someone else's feels kind of,well,not sporting to me.
Also see this bullshit:

luxxy-shi
This is looking great dude! gj!
AGRX
hitburst should not be circular they cause confusion this way... other than that very nice skin
crystalsuicune

_Indeketsu wrote:

crystalsuicune wrote:

Also see this bullshit:

Well I'm not going to butt into whatever dramu happening between you two (much less whatever's happening over in Leddit)
But just calm down,alright?That goes to both of you.

There really isn't a need for this much salt over a skin of all things.
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

crystalsuicune wrote:

_Indeketsu wrote:

crystalsuicune wrote:

Long Reply

Also see this bullshit:

Well I'm not going to butt into whatever dramu happening between you two (much less whatever's happening over in Leddit)
But just calm down,alright?That goes to both of you.
There really isn't a need for this much salt over a skin of all things.

I think this comment just sums this whole thing up real well.
- HevyMonkey -
like always your skin impresses me! ^_^
Keep up the nicu jobu dude! :D:D:D
JaViLuMa
The skins is really awesome!!! But I really get bugged when playing by thoose circles which appear when I hit the regular circle. How do I remove it?
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

JaViLuMa wrote:

The skins is really awesome!!! But I really get bugged when playing by thoose circles which appear when I hit the regular circle. How do I remove it?

You mean the lighting? You can disable them by copying the contents of "Lighting - Off" into the root folder. To disable them for all skins without changing the files, turn off "Hit lighting" in the osu! Settings.
bewandon
Awesome job! I really like the way the health bar looks!
yea
Woah, neat skin. I was always a huge fan of Google's "Material Design". Simplistic and flat while looking stylish. Brought to an osu! skin quite well :D
Sapphire_Melon
Please set hyperdash after image as (0,0,0)
neopolitan-
How do i change my name on the lifebar?
im a noob :/
Prophecy

Ultim4 wrote:

just make your name to a image file and replace the old one, anyway
nice skin! Awesome idea and design but.... no mania ;w;
neopolitan-

Prophecy wrote:

Ultim4 wrote:

wait whats the file name? >w<
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

Ultim4 wrote:

Prophecy wrote:

Ultim4 wrote:

wait whats the file name? >w<

There's templates in the Customization folder. You should edit the image on something like GIMP, Inkscape, Photoshop, or Illustrator. Even Paint.net if it supports Roboto.
Bitzy
What is the name of the font? Just so I can put my name on the life bar ^^
Jeremii
The font is called "Roboto" :)
Lyawi
I really like it, good job!
show more