forum

osu!tier: converting osu! to LoL tier

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fast
Hi guys!

https://osu.stypr.com/tier/

I made osu! to LoL tier converter. It's still under development, and tier ratings are not stable as yet (especially the taiko mode).

You can give me feedbacks/advices. Apparantly I'm developing image printing stuff just like how osu!next signature generator prints.
Zain Sugieres
cool but GD is meant for non-osu discussion
Jukkii
cool but this already existed (note past tense)
Topic Starter
Fast

Zain Sugieres wrote:

where should I post this then?

-Jukke- wrote:

cool but this already existed (note past tense)
hm. sadly didn't notice that. if it already exists I want to know how it was made.
FuZ
why tho
Pawsu
Should have posted in Development.
KoveGames

Zain Sugieres wrote:

but it isn't only

*general* discussion.
Jeremii
For some weird reason, typing my username in works in STD gamemode but not in Mania (i play mania a lot more than std tho)
Kimitakari
Eni
Looks like some of your html tags aren't closed properly and you have an extra " for the canonical rel.

Also, what's up with using the Dean Edwards Packer? The code isn't really long enough to justify using a compression algorithm.

Cool concept though. I like it.
Topic Starter
Fast

Nelly wrote:

try updating your system. you need updates :)

Project Railgun wrote:

Looks like some of your html tags aren't closed properly and you have an extra " for the canonical rel.

Also, what's up with using the Dean Edwards Packer? The code isn't really long enough to justify using a compression algorithm.

Cool concept though. I like it.
Thanks for pointing that out.
The thing is that the one that you've seen is the first release, which took me less than an hour to make the html part.
I know that the js part can be decoded easily, but I just want to make sure that people don't misuse the public API with my own API key.
(I'm actually going to work on this very soon though)

Jeremiidesu wrote:

For some weird reason, typing my username in works in STD gamemode but not in Mania (i play mania a lot more than std tho)
right, as mentioned earlier, it's still under development and current rating system is somewhat weird.
Now the problem is that the precise calculation needs 8mil account info to be parsed and peppy will not allow any user to crawl user's information like that (it's obvious for multiple reasons as a system administrator)
I'm currently working on an efficient way to solve this problem :-)
I will keep you guys updated once I solve this problem.
Apparantly osu!taiko's rating system is completely unstable compared to other game modes.
Jeremii

Fast wrote:

Jeremiidesu wrote:

right, as mentioned earlier, it's still under development and current rating system is somewhat weird.
Now the problem is that the precise calculation needs 8mil account info to be parsed and peppy will not allow any user to crawl user's information like that (it's obvious for multiple reasons as a system administrator)
I'm currently working on an efficient way to solve this problem :-)
I will keep you guys updated once I solve this problem.
Apparantly osu!taiko's rating system is completely unstable compared to other game modes.
That's a lot of info, right x)
Maybe put an "non precise" tier (and warn the user about that) based on the rank returned by the api if available when precise calculation can't be made?
Tamako Lumisade
Plat V. Cancerous division... Cancerous maps to climb... Seems legit! 10/10, would use again.
Topic Starter
Fast

Jeremiidesu wrote:

That's a lot of info, right x)
Maybe put an "non precise" tier (and warn the user about that) based on the rank returned by the api if available when precise calculation can't be made?
Yes, I will post that up very soon. I changed the least playcount rate to 200, and your mania rank should be printing it out properly by now.
Yuudachi-kun
Std Diamond 5
Ctb diamond 5
mania Diamond 5

wat
OzzyOzrock
master 1 sigh
Zozimoto
Why Dont I Get Shown In The Rankings?
Surono
std= Silver IV
taiko=Diamond I
ctb=Diamond V
mania=Platinum V

rip, my tacos is best than fruits ;_;
but okok. tacos deleciouszssz

OzzyOzrock wrote:

master 1 sigh
omg, yu69 beatd xd
OOooh mastah m(_ _ )m
Sieg
cool
Astar
At least scale the playerbases properly instead of taking the percentages directly from a much bigger game.
CelegaS

Astar wrote:

At least scale the playerbases properly instead of taking the percentages directly from a much bigger game.
Yea because in ctb everybody is diamond or higher x)
Topic Starter
Fast

Astar wrote:

Good idea, but I want to ask you two questions.

• Fast wrote:

1) If you were me, how will you judge the playerbase without knowing the total count of recent played users?
    I think playerbase is calculated well from my point of view.
    (Note that the ranking page just prints top users instead of total count of recently played users.)

2) LoL is MMR-based game, which calculates tier from winning and losing the game, while osu! is solely dependent on the performance points and the score earned.
    As the title suggests, this application I made is a converting to osu! to LoL tier. If I had to make non-biased tier results, the application should not be biased by my personal perspective.
    In order to meet the criteria, I took the percentage graph directly from the tier page and is calculated based on the user's rank.
    If you find this an important problem, please describe the problem with more detailed explanation.
    I find it difficult to make precise calculations and make good judgments.

CelegaS wrote:

Yea because in ctb everybody is diamond or higher x)
Really? I'm a ctb user and I tested this service with mania users. it seems like the tier is distributed at right places.
If you actually noticed, you need to get higher performance points to raise your rank.
For example, if you're in DiamondV you need to play 200pp+ beatmaps to get higher rank.
If you're thorough with 300pp+ beatmaps, you would probably get DiamondIII or higher.
I guess the big range is OK as passionate and skilled users can get out of the given tier within a day or so.
Kimitakari
Now it dosent want to load either
kelly2015

Fast wrote:

Hi guys!

I made osu! to LoL tier converter. It's still under development, and tier ratings are not stable as yet (especially the taiko mode).

You can give me feedbacks/advices. Apparantly I'm developing image printing stuff just like how osu!next signature generator prints.
흐어... 안녕하세요! 순위같은데 관심많아서 한 번 호기심에 해봤는데... 역시 처음 시도하는것인지 약간 불안정(?) 한 느낌은 들기도 합니다
(캐치는 100pp대인데 순위가 나오고 스탠은 500pp 넘어야 순위가 나오는)
그래서 혹시라도 제작하시는데 참고가 되실까 해서 최하위가 어느정도인지 참고하시라고 다른 유저 페이지를 남겨봅니다(전부 0pp입니다)

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/rchetype
0pp - CTB #607,853 2016.12.14 기준

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/wolfsword11041
0pp - Osu!STD - #2,232,263 2016.12.14 기준

굳이 0PP 기준이 아니라면 저 전체 랭킹 중 상위 20% 아래로는 언랭유저로 취급해서 제작하셔도 됩니다

도움 되셨길 바랍니다 감사합니다 :)
kai99
I like going on the site and clicking that button... Until I realize I'm stuck in silver sigh
Topic Starter
Fast

[ Rche ] wrote:

Fast wrote:

Hi guys!

흐어... 안녕하세요! 순위같은데 관심많아서 한 번 호기심에 해봤는데... 역시 처음 시도하는것인지 약간 불안정(?) 한 느낌은 들기도 합니다
(캐치는 100pp대인데 순위가 나오고 스탠은 500pp 넘어야 순위가 나오는)
그래서 혹시라도 제작하시는데 참고가 되실까 해서 최하위가 어느정도인지 참고하시라고 다른 유저 페이지를 남겨봅니다(전부 0pp입니다)
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/rchetype
0pp - CTB #607,853 2016.12.14 기준
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/wolfsword11041
0pp - Osu!STD - #2,232,263 2016.12.14 기준
굳이 0PP 기준이 아니라면 저 전체 랭킹 중 상위 20% 아래로는 언랭유저로 취급해서 제작하셔도 됩니다
도움 되셨길 바랍니다 감사합니다 :)

조언 감사합니다. 나중에 테스트 해보고 피드백 남겨두겠습니다 :)
[ Scarlet Red ]
osu!std - Platinum IV
osu!taiko - Gold V
osu!catch - Gold IV
osu!mania - Diamond V

Mania skills ballin!
Topic Starter
Fast
Hi guys,

I'm currently working in military which made me hard to spend time on osu!tier.
the version updated from r160926 to r170813. (wow, that's almost a year)
I didn't change a lot on the new update though, but at least your ranks should be rated higher or so.

Updated ones are as follows:
1) Made changes for lowermost ranked user (Thanks to [ Rche ] for providing some of them)
2) Changed the tier bound a little bit (it's been a year since I stopped arranging them but interestingly it did not change a lot)

You're welcome to PM me for support/bugs.