forum

I'm calling it

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Re Zero is anime of the decade.

Nothing will beat Re Zero, not even Maddoka Magica or On Punch Man.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing at all.

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10000000000000000000000000000000000000000
EneT
It isn't even that good.
mizuki-chan
i already read a lot that re zero is a very good anime...still didnt watch it
i still doubt that it can beat my top animes :P
mulraf

EneT wrote:

It isn't even that good.
agreed. it's not bad. solid. the mid part was a bit boring for me. some faults. hated the first episode and nearly abandoned it after that one. but it's always building up again (like currently i feel like it's getting a bit better again). 8/10 for me i guess. of those 2 animes i guess it might be about as good as one punch man for me but slightly worse than madoka.
Navizel
>the anime with the worst MC of the year gets to be the anime of the decade
How much shit taste can you have? One Punch Man is average by the way.
Tae

Navizel wrote:

>worst MC of the year
agreed.
Zain Sugieres
One punch man is average at max and re zero isn't that good to be considered the best anime of a decade
EneT
The one thing Re Zero is really good at is hiding it's flaws under all the bullshit plot twists it has, making it seem like a complete masterpiece to average people.

There is little to no progress in the story; we literally see the same thing multiple times, like what is this anime supposed to be about again? It took 10+ episodes to finally get a plot and for me the question still remains: why is the MC bothering with all this? He's just some random NEET that never liked seeing the face of the sun yet now that he's been transported to this mythical world he suddenly wants to do something with his life? Like wtf, he only just met white-haired bitch for a day but he's already in love with her and wants to fuck her in the ass.

The demon twins are good characters in their own right and are probably the only thing that's keeping me from dropping this show. MC pisses me off too much and I can't feel anything for Emilia when we are given little to no backstory of her. She's also done nothing of note in the anime apart from looking cute which is disappointing considering she's supposed to be the main female lead.

I'm less lenient in my criticism, I'd give it 6/10. Definitely better than your average anime and interesting enough to make me keep watching it but nothing great.
Madoka was a 7/10 or a 8/10 at best so no, it doesn't beat Madoka.
45Traeath
[tl;dr] The summary didn't even caught my attention after I read it '-'
DeletedUser_6709840
Cringe
Ceph23
DakeDekaane
It hardly can get the "best anime" title, "good anime" could be more fitting at most, since animation quality and some characters save it from absolute disgrace.

The main issue I have with Re:Zero is the MC. In the first episodes we see him acting in a cool and smart way, defeating the bad boys and defending her beloved one, but after that we begin to see a coward and childish one. I understand he could've gotten like that due the countless deaths he've seen and suffering, but heck, this is really inconsistent with we've been sold first. Character development is near to null, besides Rem who have gotten the most and basically she is carrying the show.

Also, arcs are really long for the event they want to cover, although apparently every death is "needed" for the gotten info, it's really not worth as it becomes boring due the repetitiveness.

For the latest episodes, it became a cycle: Subaru becomes a selfish and annoying prick -> Something happens ->Subaru gets his shit together.

If I haven't dropped it it's because I want to see if this will get actually good, or to see the disaster it will become. I've yet to understand the hype behind it, because it's edgy? Maybe, but it's trying too hard.

EneT wrote:

Like wtf, he only just met white-haired bitch for a day but he's already in love with her.

EneT wrote:

He's just some random NEET
;)
blissfulyoshi
For better or worse, I think of the anime as a show about a maid riding an angsty magical car shaft through a dark and edgy world. For that reason, I can't treat the show seriously, but I can almost treat it like Wixoss at times (except not as absurd).

tl;dr: It's joke
Pawsu
I mean, it's okay...it's definitely not the best though

@blissfulyoshi, is that a good or bad impression of WIXOSS?
blissfulyoshi

Pawsu wrote:

@blissfulyoshi, is that a good or bad impression of WIXOSS?
Depends how you interpret Wixoss.

Longer Answer
I felt Wixoss was so bad and ridiculous that I really enjoyed watching parts of the show. The show tried to make serious portrayals of some pretty extreme characters and some pretty unpredictable events, but trying to take something so absurd believably is not going to happen. After getting over that fact, I just had a fun time laughing at how absurd everything was. In shorter terms, it's in the "it's so bad, it is good" category for me
Faust
Still don't give a fuck about his show.

Waiting for it to end so I can binge-watch and then form my opinion.
I downloaded the first episode and then MC just goes "Oh I'm in a different world now ha cool"

I figured I'd save it till everything was aired so I don't get stuck with this piss poor impression of MC.
Sayorie
The show is bad, but it might possibly become iconic, like Evangelion or Madoka (but probably not at their level, tho)
Apparently 日本人 like suffering.
Navizel

Faust wrote:

Still don't give a fuck about his show.

Waiting for it to end so I can binge-watch and then form my opinion.
I downloaded the first episode and then MC just goes "Oh I'm in a different world now ha cool"

I figured I'd save it till everything was aired so I don't get stuck with this piss poor impression of MC.
Save yourself the suffering.
blissfulyoshi

Navizel wrote:

But I thought the point of the show was to teach you that suffering repeatedly is fun for the masses to watch.
Navizel

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Navizel wrote:

But I thought the point of the show was to teach you that suffering repeatedly is fun for the masses to watch.
I can't even enjoy my suffering with ReZero. Something like Now and Then, Here and There is the way to fun suffering.
blissfulyoshi

Navizel wrote:

I can't even enjoy my suffering with ReZero. Something like Now and Then, Here and There is the way to fun suffering.
Well, you aren't part of the mass that enjoys this show, so what can I say? Sadly, I'm not part of it either.
VINXIS

EneT wrote:

It isn't even that good.
POST OF ALLTIME
ac8129464363

VINXIS wrote:

EneT wrote:

It isn't even that good.
POST OF ALLTIME
I'm calling it
Kibbleru
subaru makes me want to cut out my kidneys, eat them, shit it back out, and put it back in again.
DakeDekaane

Navizel wrote:

People are masochists beings.
Yohanes