posted
Total Posts
show more
pkhg
^
iiyo
good for ctb
abraker
I don't get why players must go out of their way to convince mostrata that this map needs to be HR-able. Is the standard gamemode having a map deficit? You ran out of things to HR? You keep knocking on a door to a club that will not open for you because it is not for you. I like the concept that certain maps are made for players who enjoy the art for what the map is and not players looking to get a good score on. It gives a bit more color and diversity to the existing ranked maps.

TL;DR: Have some taste
Ninmi

abraker wrote:

I like the concept that certain maps are made for players who enjoy the art for what the map is and not players looking to get a good score on. It gives a bit more color and diversity to the existing ranked maps.
Why is it being pushed in to the core ranking system when it is very clearly not made for that? If you can't play this map properly in ranked, then it does not belong in ranked. In no way should an artists vision obstruct the core gameplay in a way that this clearly seems to. You're free to draw paintings in the graveyard.
Abyssal

Ninmi wrote:

abraker wrote:

I like the concept that certain maps are made for players who enjoy the art for what the map is and not players looking to get a good score on. It gives a bit more color and diversity to the existing ranked maps.
Why is it being pushed in to the core ranking system when it is very clearly not made for that? If you can't play this map properly in ranked, then it does not belong in ranked. In no way should an artists vision obstruct the core gameplay in a way that this clearly seems to. You're free to draw paintings in the graveyard.

Because this won the Aspire contest? Literally the whole concept of the Aspire contest is to break practically all rules of mapping. And as i've been told by other "mappers" - "As long as it plays nomod, then what's the issue"
abraker

Ninmi wrote:

To set it apart from other graveyard maps. It won the Aspire contest for crying outloud. Currently there is no better catagory to put creative playable maps not optimized for playability. Also while not made for gameplay, don't you still wonder how you would do against others on it?

Abyssal wrote:

You're free to draw paintings in the graveyard.
Saying that art belongs in the graveyard is like stepping it with your foot. That can hurt any creator's feelings, and more over when it is something as great as this. I am not the creator, and I felt a very offensive vibe from this statement.

Edit: Charles left because players think "drawings" like these belong in the graveyard. I don't blame him. Obviously there is a great divide of opinion here between players who have taste and appriciate the art and players who can want to make scores and can't care less about the art. There needs to be a split in catagory of maps, otherwise this shitstorm will continue. At this point, I am waiting for this thread to be locked.
Niroe
But, there IS a fix for passing it with HR, -GN proposed it, and if Monstrata don't want to implement it because it's "too tedious", "too time consuming" and that he just don't want to finish cleaning his map, then that shouldn't belong to Ranked map, Aspire or not.

There is a fix that don't change the experience, if he doesn't want to apply it, there is no excuse and that's all.

The good side is that it show us how Monstrata treat his map and the extand of the time and effort he want to spend in, that would be the kind of guy to won a ping-pong match 21 to 5 and finally when the arbiter say to him that he need to re-do the last point because there was an error, even knowing that he will win again, he take the cup and flee away, showing us his middle finger in the process.

That's extremly childish, and there is no "but".
Natsu

Niroe wrote:

But, there IS a fix for passing it with HR, -GN proposed it, and if Monstrata don't want to implement it because it's "too tedious", "too time consuming" and that he just don't want to finish cleaning his map, then that shouldn't belong to Ranked map, Aspire or not.

There is a fix that don't change the experience, if he doesn't want to apply it, there is no excuse and that's all.

The good side is that it show us how Monstrata treat his map and the extand of the time and effort he want to spend in, that would be the kind of guy to won a ping-pong match 21 to 5 and finally when the arbiter say to him that he need to re-do the last point because there was an error, even knowing that he will win again, he take the cup and flee away, showing us his middle finger in the process.

That's extremly childish, and there is no "but".
Mods aren't taken in consideration for ranked maps, aspire or any other map, if the mapper want to fix then is up to him, but the mapper believe the map get hurt on the intended way of no mod, then you guys should respect the mapper decision and move on. GN's suggestion hurt the design of the map and the HP fix hurt the no mod intended way.

You already pointed your suggestion the mapper disagree with it and provide you valid explains, move on guys there are thousand of maps that can be played with hr, also is monstrata map, no your map, you can do suggestions, but you can't force him to hurt his work because of you, the map still can be played with hr + no fail.
Straw Hat
great map :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Ninmi

Abyssal wrote:

Because this won the Aspire contest? Literally the whole concept of the Aspire contest is to break practically all rules of mapping. And as i've been told by other "mappers" - "As long as it plays nomod, then what's the issue"
If the contest was about breaking ranked rules, then maybe the maps should not be ranked. I was really puzzled as to why repeating sliders that don't use the actual repeat mechanism and circles outside of the play area were suddenly allowed, but I guess this is the culprit. I am heavily in favour of winning maps like these rather getting their own leaderboard and other sorts of prestige attached to them.
melloe
just play the map, not everything has to be hr. it may not seem much to you but for the mapper it is asking a lot to tell him to change his sliders in a way he doesnt want to. honestly if i put all that work into pretty butterfly sliders i would not want even want to add those zigzags to it, it's totally understandable

that being said, lowering hp will not affect "memorability," what a silly notion, nobody is going to say "aw man that was too easy to pass, fuck that map i'm gonna forget all about it, it was nothing special!" and if you cant pass the map on hp4 then it's probably because you cant read it, and in all likelihood cant pass on hp3 either

abraker wrote:

Charles left because players think "drawings" like these belong in the graveyard. I don't blame him. Obviously there is a great divide of opinion here between players who have taste and appriciate the art and players who can want to make scores and can't care less about the art. There needs to be a split in catagory of maps, otherwise this shitstorm will continue. At this point, I am waiting for this thread to be locked.
hi could you not misrepresent charles, nothing mentioned in his podcast even remotely resembles your elitist conception of art and taste
Athrun
Not even sure about the future of this...
Nyanaro
I am no expert in how the editor works, but can't you just add ''breaks'' like you did in some parts of the map at the butterfly sliderstream so that you can survive the map without losing HP so that you could pass it on HR?
Topic Starter
Monstrata
I'll reconsider HP 3.5. Can we stop stop drama upload? Thanks~

I'll make my decision at the end of the day, cuz I got stuff to do~ Feel free to redirect your salt to p/5343206.
Yunomi
from my modqueue
Kibbleru

Nyanaro wrote:

I am no expert in how the editor works, but can't you just add ''breaks'' like you did in some parts of the map at the butterfly sliderstream so that you can survive the map without losing HP so that you could pass it on HR?
this actually sounds like a plausible fix
Cylux

I studied the sliders a bit with automod since all of you seem to get different results with the auto mod.

The answer to this is, that it depends on many factors:
1. Your FPS-Limit (I got the best Accuracy with VSync)
2. The speed you are viewing the play (0,5x 1x or 2x)
3. The Mods you are using (Nomod, HR, DT, HRDT and HDHRDT are all giving completly different results)

I tested many possibilities and got dozens of different results with this. Also it seems to be impossible to get a SS with HRDT, no matter which settings you choose. A nomod SS or HR SS is possible with the right options though.

But nevertheless the most strange thing is the play I just got with 20fps as you see at the #1 Spot. 4 combopoints are missing but it has only 3x 100s.
Natteke desu
lmao this thread

well, there is an idea which could prevent shitstorm like this one: What if same what happened to TAG maps would happen to further aspire winner's maps? Still, there will be people who will cry about how unpassable 2b mapping with hr/fl/ezhd/potato mods (while not being able to do even nomod), but there will be less of them, because of no pepe immo.
Battle
It's not even an issue with pp tbh because it's probably going to be pretty underweighted compared to its difficulty like Charles' map. Besides that the acc is definitely going to drop since the sliders make it guaranteed that a few 100s are going to happen z
-GN

EvilElvis wrote:

Still, there will be people who will cry about how unpassable 2b mapping with hr/fl/ezhd/potato mods (while not being able to do even nomod), but there will be less of them, because of no pepe immo.
who are you referring to here? is pp the only reason to care about the map being passable on hr?
Spaghetti

Kibbleru wrote:

Nyanaro wrote:

this actually sounds like a plausible fix
i still second this
Bara-
What do the breaks even do except giving warningarrows and lag?
Mindwaves
So i just looked at the map and Hum...
Do anyone remenber how HP work in this game anymore???

like...
Why in f**king hell of all this drama, has nobody propose to just change all the note in the butterfly to new combo, making it passable with HR, cause that's how new combo WORK!?!
Then you just have the make the new combo be the same colour has the previous note where before the change, this way the map look exactly the same and GG!

I just tested it and it with HR and it work perfectly, with literraly NO need to change the HP, the slider, the look, or the playability of the map!
Basically the only change required is to add new combo colour.(and maybe not even, cause you can probably just edit color using the osu file)
Mismagius

Mindwaves wrote:

So i just looked at the map and Hum...
Do anyone remenber how HP work in this game anymore???

like...
Why in f**king hell of all this drama, has nobody propose to just change all the note in the butterfly to new combo, making it passable with HR, cause that's how new combo WORK!?!
Then you just have the make the new combo be the same colour has the previous note where before the change, this way the map look exactly the same and GG!

I just tested it and it with HR and it work perfectly, with literraly NO need to change the HP, the slider, the look, or the playability of the map!
Basically the only change required is to add new combo colour.

this actually makes a whole lot of sense lol
Topic Starter
Monstrata
It was all a lie.
Lasse

Monstrata wrote:

Uh, how exactly do you add more NC's without messing up the combo colors? Lol
by editing the .osu http://i.imgur.com/zHr1JdS.jpg
the fourth value has to be set to 118* for each slider you want to nc with the same color as before

for 01:11:260 (2) - it would be 256,192,71433,118,0......... in the file

*value will be different for circles, but that obviously doesn't matter here since it's only sliders
Xilver15
hi uuuh i've been getting mentions here so

i did play the map with hr a couple of times but i had nf on on all of them, pretty sure i didn't pass any of my runs because i thought the map wasn't passable with hr? sadly i can't find the replay but i'm sure i played hrnf on all of my hr runs

not gonna give any opinions on this matter, just saying i don't have a pass on the map with hr lol
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Huh, so thats how it works. Assuming doubling the NC will fix the HP drain i'll implement the change. Can someone confirm? I'll contact a QAT when I get home from work (2 hours?).

Confirmed through my imagination so someone feel free to DQ this now (or in 2 hours when I get back home?) i'll update with the changes and get quadruple rebubbles~.

Quick, someone post "We did it!" on Reddit for free karma!
Kite
you should probably add aspire contest and its characteristics to your map description to avoid idiots from posting nonsense
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Lol. Good idea haha.
Battle
or just use a ss of what loctav said in the last aspire thread lol

Mindwaves
by editing the .osu http://i.imgur.com/zHr1JdS.jpg
the fourth value has to be set to 118* for each slider you want to nc with the same color as before
Pfiuu thanks a lot, i knew there was a way to do it by editing the .osu but didn't have the courage to try finding to good one more then 10 minutes(so much number :V), you save my sanity :p

Confirmed through forum pm so someone feel free to DQ this now (or in 2 hours when I get back home?) i'll update with the changes and get quadruple rebubbles~.
Nice.
Hopefully there while be no more problem in the future :)

you should probably add aspire contest and its characteristics to your map description to avoid idiots from posting nonsense
Ahahah good luck with that, i'm sure even writing it in the map description wouldn't work!
And speaking of which... *Go see map description of both aspire map*
Yep, i knew it :p
I also just notice Evanescent and this map almost have the same SR, pretty sure it's not on purpose but the the gimmicky feeling of it pass pretty well^^
Remyria

Battle wrote:

or just use a ss of what loctav said in the last aspire thread lol

It would make sense if there WAS a "gimmick category" (which is a very popular request in feature requests). So why not just adding it instead of put it in the same basket as the other ranked maps? Since rules are differents, the category should be as well. EDIT: And by the same time, a couple very nice unranked maps could gain in visibility by going in that category.
Kite

Mindwaves wrote:

Ahahah good luck with that, i'm sure even writing it in the map description wouldn't work!
And speaking of which... *Go see map description of both aspire map*
Yep, i knew it :p
I also just notice Evanescent and this map almost have the same SR, pretty sure it's not on purpose but the the gimmicky feeling of it pass pretty well^^
Including a short summary and highlighting the important bits would still help for those confused what the map is about.
I know the official tournament and winner page are linked there already, but not everyone is going to bother reading through the walls of text.
-Atri-
Inb4 some kind of nazi mods might just come here splitting blah blahs with his rude insults and abusing his powers by locking this thread

And the drama goes on and on and on...
Okoratu
as requested, Monstrata will make the butterfly sliders more unrankable than they already are so people can pass the map
allein
oh lel
Not Jeef

Okorin wrote:

as requested, Monstrata will make the butterfly sliders more unrankable than they already are so people can pass the map
Does this mean that the map wont get approved?

I hope not
Topic Starter
Monstrata
New fix is confirmed passable by Xilver. We went with the solution proposed by Mindwaves, with help from Lasse. NC pattern is now every slider, instead of every two, so you get twice the HP recovery you normally would. Total HP drain is slightly higher now due to increased NC density, but it doesn't seem to amount to anything. Hopefully everyone's happy now.
Underforest

My_acc-X_X wrote:

Does this mean that the map wont get approved?

I hope not
This is an aspire entry, the map is the winner from this contest so it will get approved ASAP
Go away if you don't have anything useful to say, thanks
show more