show more
Underforest
ayy roflmao
AmigoDoChroome
congrts, the best map evar
Regou

Monstrata wrote:

Oh hey, they fixed the star rating xD.
what's happening here it drops from 8.5* to 5.77* lollllllllll no way my free 8* map
anyway congratulations!
iYiyo
Wow, that's some really good art. Congrats Monstrata.
Mao
As much as I love 02:02:726 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - for the fadeout sounds, I think it would not hurt to move them more to the left as I always find myself hitting the open chat window which forces me to miss lol
Haruto

Monstrata wrote:

Oh hey, they fixed the star rating xD.
such a troll lmao. anyways, dont forget to use the bg xdDd
Kibbleru
welp. now i cant tell my friends i can pass an 8 star map anymore :(
sheela
little mod for mr monstrata

1. 00:12:641 - I feel like this tick needs a circle for some reason, as there's a beat here.
  2. 00:42:813 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - god god god
  3. 01:08:934 (1,1,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - oh my oh my^943208
  4. 01:40:313 (1) - I honestly don't like how the way the slider ends by going down. Starting the slider by dropping down, I can agree with you due to the beat, but it doesn't feel right for 01:40:658 -, even if there's the big drop beat. I would just let the slider flow to the next circle instead.
ok
Spaghetti
ok so as much as i love the break effect thing, its p inconsistent and the flashy warning thingies kill it. if i were u id just have it on the transitions into new sections of the song, so it doesn't seem so abused. as for the flashy warning thingies, pls just take a 1x1 blank pixel of play-warningarrow.png and add it to the beatmap skin thank here ill make ur life easier and just give it to u isnt that nice http://puu.sh/q9yoP/2e25d812cd.png

00:55:141 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - i feel like this stream is, idk, boring? itd be cool if you made some kind of reverse dopamine/delta decision triangle stream (goes from bigger to smaller that is) that stayed in place and rotated right on top of the head of 00:56:520 (1) -

01:40:313 (1) - this slider is super cool but is there any way u can keep it from dropping back down at the end that would make it so much better imo

gud bitmap
Xilver15
Lavender
creativity never dies
Mindwaves
Good For CTB.

Also the taiko convert as a note frozen in time for like the 3/4 of the map, it's pretty surreal!
Spaghetti
when will i get my Rhythm Incarnate forum title on my userpage
Okoratu
Will give this a check once stuff has been properly replied to and ppl generally dont really have things to bring up
and lol spaghetti
Topic Starter
Monstrata
I'll have the replies in like 3 hours or so. I'll try and get like 2 more mods if I can just to see if theres any more polishing up that I can do. Already have a good sense of what to fix from all the feedback over the last day xD.

Lol, almost as many favourites as Charles' Aspire >///<
fieryrage
o u want a mod i got u hold up
stalkyh
Definitely cool map, but better keep it unranked lol :D
Hpocks
I think this is the most favorited map within a 24 hour period (220 favorites!)
Natsu
feel free to call me after okorin, monstrata 8-)
_DT3
This is amazing. Straight out amazing.
How did you guys find out about the results?
Underforest
I want to help you out, take a mod owo remember to kudos me, as well as the other mods

General
You can put a rule-breaking warning on the map description, specially because the butterfly sliders that cause a lot of intentional combo missing

Aspire
00:03:072 (3) - x:197 y:328
00:44:796 (1,2,1,2,1) - I agree with Okorin here, can you fix it?
00:53:071 (3) - New combo
00:54:451 (5) - ^
01:08:934 - Adittion Normal
02:02:381 (4) - New combo

Good luck :)
fieryrage
ok

00:45:486 (1) - i'd just like to mention how fucking amazing this slider is
01:01:692 (1) - kind of useless nc
01:06:175 (1,2,3,4) - this could be mapped to the vocals (or whatever sound in the bg), would be more fitting here imo
01:25:485 (1) - map this to one note instead of a slider?
01:27:899 (4) - not stacked properly with 2 and 3
01:31:002 (1) - ^ same thing
01:31:692 (1) - ^
01:51:002 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - might be better to combo all of these to signify 1/3 but i d k lo

ok im bad at modding
Pituophis
nothing constructive here, just wondering whats up with the SR? Beatmap listing says 5.77, OPPAI says 5.63 and in-game says 8.56.
Underforest
the web is messed up, somehow devs will fix it
Spork Lover
01:40:313 (1) - Holy, you have 7-8 ms to get from the top to the bottom, or you choke xD So brutal x)
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5661969 at the bottom on 321 lol

Amazing entry Monstrata, congratz :D
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Sonnyc wrote:

Feels a better for a *8.5

00:02:727 (1,2,3) - Any plans to make this spacing more balanced? The difference is quite clear compared with 00:05:486 (1,2,3), where it worked out as a similar pattern. It felt inconsistent. I really enjoyed the angle and flow here. I'd like to keep it~.
00:34:105 (1) - Maybe the vibration along the backward reverse slider was strong enough, but the rhythm itself here didn't felt appropriate enough to suit the song nicely. Mind making some kind of an adjustment here? Currently the vibration itself actually doesn't feels that strong too for me. I made the slider faster (doubled bpm) so it'll be more noticeable.
01:51:778 (1) - This combo setting was pretty hard to understand. Any deeper intentions behind? Fixed all, thanks for the easy solution haha.

Yuii- wrote:

Stop! Stop Winny Monstrata!!

Hope you like combos, cause that's the mod lol

1. 00:12:641 - I would definitely add something here, or at least extend the previous slider to this point. Agreed. Added a circle. Plays pretty nicely with the 2B rhythms too.
  2. 00:34:105 (1) - Agreed with Sonnyc here. Could be way harder/faster than the current version. Faster
  3. 00:35:484 (1) - Removing this new combo makes more sense. I like it here. My patterning was really to NC only on the last white tick of every two measures. I started breaking it on 00:37:898 - because the pattern became harder to distinguish using my previous NC rhythm.
  4. 00:53:071 (3) - And adding a new combo here would be awesome. I want to keep it one color since the sliders are quite related to the previous two sliders and thus all fall into one combo.
  5. 00:58:072 (1,2) - Swap combos. Yep
  6. 01:43:071 (4,1) - Looks like a 1/4 pattern if you take your other patterns as examples. Was kinda debating that, but the placement here is really important for me, and I think the near 180 degree angle shift helps players realize that there's a 1/2 gap.

Okorin wrote:

congrats!
00:44:796 (1,2,1,2,1) - as i said in my judging comment, these instantaneous things can be rather unfair as you need instant movement between slider heads, it would be more fair with either a small delay between these sliders or overlapping followball and sliderheads Kinda explained it briefly, but I want to keep these cuz "drop that drop that" = drop the slider and move to the next one immediately. Basically, I want them to play like circles. The effect of making them 2B is that the slider-ball ends up looking like it's jumping with the cursor, instead of disappearing, and then reappearing like normal sliders with gaps.

Forlornly wrote:

00:52:037 (3,1,2) -
01:03:072 (3,1) -
lot going on here musically that i think should be expressed beyond a few simple sliders I'm keeping because while theres a lot going on musically, I'm mainly following the kicks, and keeping a more straightforward rhythm. It's really just my interpretation of the song.

also, the butterfly sliders aren't actually mapped to any real music, so could you at least throw in some hitsounds so we get auditory feedback, it's really hard to guess at 174 bpm streams without any help They're mapped to the windup sound effect. I get that you want auditory feedback, but I think part of the allure is being able to mash through these sliders. When I first set it up, my intention was to have the player feel as if their button-mashing was causing the sliders to transform from a cocoon into a butterfly. I guess in a sense, you can use the sound your keyboard/mouse generates as an auditory response xD. But yea, thats the idea behind why i've basically muted all the sliders here.

otherwise good job, pretty cool map

KuranteMelodii wrote:

01:36:348 (1) - Consider make a break time there, like the other part of this map I considered that when initially submitting, but I felt having a break here, and then another 5 seconds later was too close. Also, I kinda want players to have like, no idea when the hold-slider actually ends when they initially play it, and having breaks kinda gives it away a bit xD.
01:40:313 (1,1) - How. you're. supposed. to. click. both. I made it easier. Nerfed the slider so it's more playable.
01:48:933 (1) - So the previous part is mapped the high pitched sounds, IDK is that you gonna make it to reserve this slider for gimmick but i still don't know what make you gonna suddenly changes there It's to mirror the pause in the music, with only the high pitch sound left.

I am so glad that i didn't join the contest because i don't like mapping this song and i have no creative, otherwise i will disappointed myself on mapping

jesse1412 wrote:

Thought I might as well mod this sooner rather than later, who knows how fast this will pass through.

00:11:606 (6,1) - Not really a fan of how this feels, a little awkward for me. Ehh, I kinda like the 1/4 jump haha. It's gimmicky and I want the map to start off with a foreshadow of future 1/8 slider-streams to come.
00:45:486 (1) - I think this slider is too fast, removing the slider ticks would be nice, especially after leaving those overlapped sliders. Hmm... I think the speed is fine, especially considering that the 2B sliders before basically demand you to play them like circles (and considering their spacing, you do have to move rather quickly anyways)
00:51:003 (1) - Isn't stacked right on timeline I think? Good eye. Fixed
00:52:037 (3,1,2) - Feels really empty here, more should be going on. I prefer this rhythm. I think if I went more in detail with the layers here, I'd have to change it elsewhere too, and I want to focus on mainly the kicks to set up the player for 00:53:761 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
01:40:313 (1,1) - I really dislike this as a player, there isn't really even any "trick" to fcing it. Almost guaranteed to break and there's not much you can do about it. It is possible to do without breaking though, in case anyone is wondering Yea, shrunk the slider down. It'll still be hard, but now theres a lot more breathing room. (Scaled down by 0.7921x cuz math)

Glad this won tbh. 2b had to win.

Mao wrote:

As much as I love 02:02:726 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - for the fadeout sounds, I think it would not hurt to move them more to the left as I always find myself hitting the open chat window which forces me to miss lol haha~ Yes, fixed. I decided to just remove the break at the end since the song fades out anyways.

sheela wrote:

little mod for mr monstrata

1. 00:12:641 - I feel like this tick needs a circle for some reason, as there's a beat here. Added!
  2. 00:42:813 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - god god god
  3. 01:08:934 (1,1,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - oh my oh my^943208
  4. 01:40:313 (1) - I honestly don't like how the way the slider ends by going down. Starting the slider by dropping down, I can agree with you due to the beat, but it doesn't feel right for 01:40:658 -, even if there's the big drop beat. I would just let the slider flow to the next circle instead. I ended up nerfing this a bit by scaling it downward. Its a lot more lenient now (even I can pass it, yay!).
ok

Spaghetti wrote:

ok so as much as i love the break effect thing, its p inconsistent and the flashy warning thingies kill it. if i were u id just have it on the transitions into new sections of the song, so it doesn't seem so abused. as for the flashy warning thingies, pls just take a 1x1 blank pixel of play-warningarrow.png and add it to the beatmap skin thank here ill make ur life easier and just give it to u isnt that nice http://puu.sh/q9yoP/2e25d812cd.png Good idea.

00:55:141 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - i feel like this stream is, idk, boring? itd be cool if you made some kind of reverse dopamine/delta decision triangle stream (goes from bigger to smaller that is) that stayed in place and rotated right on top of the head of 00:56:520 (1) - Nooo D: This is so fun xD. Spiralling stream + deceleration into another spiral slider.

01:40:313 (1) - this slider is super cool but is there any way u can keep it from dropping back down at the end that would make it so much better imo Yep, nerfed.

gud bitmap

Underforest wrote:

I want to help you out, take a mod owo remember to kudos me, as well as the other mods

General
You can put a rule-breaking warning on the map description, specially because the butterfly sliders that cause a lot of intentional combo missing

Aspire
00:03:072 (3) - x:197 y:328 I prefer the current location.
00:44:796 (1,2,1,2,1) - I agree with Okorin here, can you fix it? I disagree, but read Oko's mod reply for more reasoning :D.
00:53:071 (3) - New combo I prefer the same combo here because of how related these sliders are to the previous ones.
00:54:451 (5) - ^ Same idea here.
01:08:934 - Adittion Normal I think Drum fits the sound better.
02:02:381 (4) - New combo The idea is to have 1st and 3rd rows be orange, and the middle row be yellow xD.

Good luck :)

fieryrage wrote:

ok

00:45:486 (1) - i'd just like to mention how fucking amazing this slider is Thanks!
01:01:692 (1) - kind of useless nc I'd like to keep because of the huge SV change (which isn't as anticipated as other huge SV changes)
01:06:175 (1,2,3,4) - this could be mapped to the vocals (or whatever sound in the bg), would be more fitting here imo Oh, good idea. I weht and hitsounded to the vocal instead, as this part wasn't hitsounded at all previously.
01:25:485 (1) - map this to one note instead of a slider? I prefer a slider for visual consistency with the rest of the sliders. The NC is there already to show a change.
01:27:899 (4) - not stacked properly with 2 and 3 Fixed
01:31:002 (1) - ^ same thing Fixed
01:31:692 (1) - ^Fixed
01:51:002 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - might be better to combo all of these to signify 1/3 but i d k lo I think the arrangement is enough~

ok im bad at modding

Spork Lover wrote:

01:40:313 (1) - Holy, you have 7-8 ms to get from the top to the bottom, or you choke xD So brutal x)
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5661969 at the bottom on 321 lol Fixed!

Amazing entry Monstrata, congratz :D
Thanks for all the help, everyone!

Also, to rustbell, I think its better to stick with the offset provided by Ephemeral and (im guessing) IAHN.
Rikuka
good for mania , amazing sv
btw grats :)
those
Please remember to make sure that all slider ends that have another object on it have only the active hitsound playing (replace the slider end hitnormal with blank.wav).

Additionally, remember to omit bar lines for all timing points that aren't supposed to be on a multiple of 4; if you need help I can just do it for you.
BeatofIke
Holy Monstrata o.o
Topic Starter
Monstrata
@those - fixed both, thanks!
Yuii-
Woooow, you didn't give us kudos!!
This is blatant corruption, Mr. Monstrata!

Ayyy, just wanted to meme 8-)

Dunno if you fixed it already, can't re-dl, having net issues, but both drum-sliderslide.wav and drum-slidertick.wav are silenced giving no feedback at all.
Sonnyc

Yuii- wrote:

Dunno if you fixed it already, can't re-dl, having net issues, but both drum-sliderslide.wav and drum-slidertick.wav are silenced giving no feedback at all.
Guess it'll be fine since this will be an aspire?
those

Monstrata wrote:

@those - fixed both, thanks!
Haha, you got me there -- been unable to locate hitnormal sound files in the folder :(
And you missed the omit bar lines at 00:22:038 - 00:42:727 - 01:36:348 - 01:50:313 -
00:45:486 - shouldn't have it
01:51:692 - 174 bpm timing point missing here
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Okay, fixed for real!

Added a new hitsound set since just setting a blank soft-hitnormal ends up messing up other sections of the map where soft-hitnormal is used. But I agree, the blank sound should be used, instead of just using a soft-hitnormal (which was what I originally used as a "fix").

Should be ready to go now~

Yuii- wrote:

Woooow, you didn't give us kudos!!
This is blatant corruption, Mr. Monstrata!

Ayyy, just wanted to meme 8-)

Both sliderslide and slidertick are silence on purpose xD. Some of the 5000 bpm+ sliders just have way too many slider ticks to be healthy, and slider-slides just need to be silenced on a lot of these sliders imo.
Momochikun
00:42:813 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - omg
Underforest
waiting for the future bubble www
those
Oh yeah, one more thing: have you considered making 00:56:520 (1) - clockwise as to undo the spiral 00:55:141 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - instead of just continuing on?
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Yea. Originally I had that slider clockwise but I ended up going with this design cuz it just played better for me. The SV is pretty fast, and it's especially noticeable when the last few circles play basically like stacks so I felt a flowbreak was a bit much. I still see people struggling to hang on to the slider on their sightread xD.

The idea kinda became spiraling in, then spiraling out, instead of counterclockwise > clockwise, and since I decided to go with the former, keeping the flow consistent would make the effect more enjoyable.
CSLM
spechless
really good
congratulations, you deserve it :D
Mint
maple wonderchild
show more