forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
IrateApeLeader
For animating the menu-back is there a way to speed it up? I have a 3 frame gif I am trying to add. The 3 images loop very well so I would just like to speed it up to make it seamless. is there a way to do this?
_Kitteh

Rio- wrote:

_Kitteh wrote:

Excuse me if I'm being a noob here, (btw I don't know where else to ask this question since the thread tutorial says "+ skinning support") but why won't the background of any of my skins show up at the menu button? It just has the default osu background. :/
You need to become a supporter for that, and ofc It's not free...

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/support
Oh..
NOW I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT >-<
ty anyways..
Night_Fury1999
Please help me!!
I'm trying to make a skin for the first time :D
I like hitcircleolay very much, since without it my skin is kinda boring. But after a hit, a circle appeared then faded out. It's annoying because it makes things very hard to see.
I'm asking if there's a way to keep that blue circle and get rid of the after-hit cỉcle.
And also please tell me how to transparent slider end circles but keep the slider start circles, they block my view too.
Rio-

IrateApeLeader wrote:

For animating the menu-back is there a way to speed it up? I have a 3 frame gif I am trying to add. The 3 images loop very well so I would just like to speed it up to make it seamless. is there a way to do this?
i don't think you can speed it up... But if you want to slow it down, you can make the 3 frame into 6 frame:
like menu-back-0, menu-back-1, until menu-back-5. With:
  • menu-back-0 and menu-back-1 is a same frame,
    menu-back-2 and menu-back 3 is also same,
    etc until menu-back-4 and menu-back-5)
For Speeding-up, I guess You can remove a frame you don't really need and make it 2 frame animation which is slighty faster than before.

EDIT : AnimationFramerate: # in your skin.ini (which # is the amount of fps, 24 is default)

Night_Fury1999 wrote:

Please help me!!
I'm trying to make a skin for the first time :D
I like hitcircleolay very much, since without it my skin is kinda boring. But after a hit, a circle appeared then faded out. It's annoying because it makes things very hard to see.
I'm asking if there's a way to keep that blue circle and get rid of the after-hit cỉcle.
And also please tell me how to transparent slider end circles but keep the slider start circles, they block my view too.
There's no other way beside turns all of the default-x.png (default-0, default-1, and so on until default-9) into a hitcircle and turn the actual hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png blank. Example is WWW's latest skin Like this one:

Other than that, you can't do anything about it.
(Also use Version: 2 or Version: latest in your skin.ini instead of Version: 1)
Falbere
so uhh could anybody help me find a solution i posted here earlier at p/5292615#p5292615 yet?
2Cookies2Eat
Soo I have a weird problem:

I changed the score files

but for some reason it only changed combo's number

Skin

Can someone help me ?
Rio-

2Cookies2Eat wrote:

Soo I have a weird problem:

I changed the score files

but for some reason it only changed combo's number

Skin

Can someone help me ?
Aesthetic skin? The Score numbers uses the one inside the "fonts/aller" folder instead, replace the score numbers on that folder instead.
(or open your skin.ini, and change the "ScorePrefix: fonts/aller/score" to "ScorePrefix: score" instead)

Falbere wrote:

so uhh could anybody help me find a solution i posted here earlier at p/5292615#p5292615 yet?
I don't really know much about mania skinning, so yeah...
2Cookies2Eat
thx it worked ^-^
Night_Fury1999
encountered another problem
My taiko skin works fine in fullscreen, but when in window mode, the taiko-bar-right loses a part of it
Is there anyway to make it full like in fullscreen mode
Fullscreen:

Window:
c642
thx
-Tooji-
WTH i dont get it :? :? :?
xxdinorabbitxx

DarshPlays wrote:

Hey guys im trying to make my skin and i want one of my pictures to light up while you spin. So because this i was under the impression i label it spinner-metre however when i do that it doesnt show but when i label it spinner-background it shows perfectly but it doesnt light up any help? Thanks!
Change skin version
Lunicia
i was making a skin on osuskinner.com and i finsihed it but the cursor comes out like this
http://puu.sh/q25I9/d23d9db3ab.jpg
i removed the cursor trail, but it seems that the cursor hitbox is bugged on my skin because i can click things while my cursor isnt actually on it, which ruins gameplay. how do i fix the cursor hitbox and the cursor trail thing?
xxdinorabbitxx

Xendogenesis wrote:

i was making a skin on osuskinner.com and i finsihed it but the cursor comes out like this
i removed the cursor trail, but it seems that the cursor hitbox is bugged on my skin because i can click things while my cursor isnt actually on it, which ruins gameplay. how do i fix the cursor hitbox and the cursor trail thing?
Are the pictures centered on the canvas? Although unlikely that its the case, is your sensitivity set to one while using tablet?
Lunicia

Shima Luan wrote:

Xendogenesis wrote:

Are the pictures centered on the canvas? Although unlikely that its the case, is your sensitivity set to one while using tablet?
I tried replacing the cursor from my skin with a cursor that is actually functional from another skin, but it ended up glitching the perfectly good cursor, so its just the skin and most likely not the cursors themselves. Also my sensitivity is set to one on my tablet.
Underforest
Reverting broken heart icon
SirLiony
Hello! I want to make a skin and I ran into a little problem. All aspects of the skin are completed except one thing which I don't know what to call. It is some kind of light/circle that shows up after you hit something. Here is a few screenshots of what I am talking about.

Screenshot 1: http://imgur.com/7wj1mn9

Screenshot 2: http://imgur.com/MKA0BWi
Boomdopew

SirLiony wrote:

Hello! I want to make a skin and I ran into a little problem. All aspects of the skin are completed except one thing which I don't know what to call. It is some kind of light/circle that shows up after you hit something. Here is a few screenshots of what I am talking about.

Those are called "lighting", you can remove it by replacing the lighting image in your skin file with a 1x1 image. If that's not the issue, what is the problem you're having?

Also, I got a question. If I were to take someone's element for my own skin(e.g cursor) but I can no longer contact the original owner for permission as the person is inactive(for months), will I still be able to post the element without getting my skin taken down?
xxdinorabbitxx

Boomdopew wrote:

SirLiony wrote:

Those are called "lighting", you can remove it by replacing the lighting image in your skin file with a 1x1 image. If that's not the issue, what is the problem you're having?

Also, I got a question. If I were to take someone's element for my own skin(e.g cursor) but I can no longer contact the original owner for permission as the person is inactive(for months), will I still be able to post the element without getting my skin taken down?
Itll probably still apply that you have to get the persons permission, but im no expert. There are thrid party websites like osuskins.info where you can post mixed skins with less douchery from copyright infringement.
dws123

Boomdopew wrote:

IIRC, if you can't contact the person, you can post it as long as you credit them, and will take it down if the person suddenly contacts you to take it down
octopod
Between the size of the osu!mania key elements and the ColumnWidth option in the skin.ini, is there any way to get my key elements to be pixel perfect on the screen?
flowey495
I need help
my skin file is a .zip file
how do I import it to osk
Rio-
You mean export?

change the extension from *.zip to *.osk
or
Extract the zip file into a folder and move the folder to "osu!/skins" folder. Open the osu!client and use the "Export as .osk" Option.
xxdinorabbitxx

flowey495 wrote:

I need help
my skin file is a .zip file
how do I import it to osk
Find the folder thats is .zip and open, with my experiences you can open .zip without winrar. Basically make a folder in the skin folder (folderception much xD) and select all the stuff n the .zip folder and drag it into the folder you made in the skin folder, or copy and paste into the folder, which ever you want (thats enough of the word folder lol)
BISKIT123
I made some edits to WWW's skin for myself and i got rid of the two circles but not the foggy fade for the lighting i can't find out how to get rid of it and it sucks plz help me.

nvm i got it you just need to take a blank picture and label it lighting and slap it right in
xxdinorabbitxx

BISKIT123 wrote:

I made some edits to WWW's skin for myself and i got rid of the two circles but not the foggy fade for the lighting i can't find out how to get rid of it and it sucks plz help me.
Can you specify on "foggy fade" because that can mean many things. Perhaps a screenshot will help
Boomdopew

Shima Luan wrote:

BISKIT123 wrote:

Can you specify on "foggy fade" because that can mean many things. Perhaps a screenshot will help

I'm assuming the "foggy fade for the lighting" is something like this , you can replace it with 1x1 image if you don't like it.
xxdinorabbitxx
Or it could be the particle elements, in which you replace those with either png blanks or just delete/rename them
AbsurdDive
This was probably done already..

(if not)
Is it possible to separate the notes on Taiko as if it were o!mania ??

Something like this

it's something i thought about after watching "Taikomania"
SirLiony

Boomdopew wrote:

SirLiony wrote:

For some reason some of it uses lightning.png while some skin like Amethyst uses some other thing which I can't find. Any solution?
xxdinorabbitxx
You are probably talking about the fading of the hit circle, which in that case you cant necessarily directly disable
th3gingergamer
What's the default hitburst size? :?:
xxdinorabbitxx

th3gingergamer wrote:

What's the default hitburst size? :?:
they seem to be around the size of the regular hit elements (dont quote me on this), but as the beauty of osu skinning, you can make it as big as you flippin want
MrCrowley
I have just started getting into skinning however i've ran into a frustrating issue with how osu! scales graphics. The edges of almost alll @2x elements I create show up in-game with incredibly aliased edges, and it just looks plain nasty.

How can I stop this from happening?
OsuMe65
either use standard sizes on that one or deal with it.
xxdinorabbitxx
it might just be how it is, but i never used the hd elements before... #justdealwithit
Naim
So helpful
SirLiony

Shima Luan wrote:

You are probably talking about the fading of the hit circle, which in that case you cant necessarily directly disable
Is there a file for it? I don't want to disable it but I want to use it for my custom skin.
xxdinorabbitxx

SirLiony wrote:

Shima Luan wrote:

Is there a file for it? I don't want to disable it but I want to use it for my custom skin.
No
dws123
Quick question, is the "New Skin Template" from the 1st page still up-to-date?
I'm planning to try another go at skinning, but this time I wanna try the Version: 2.x stuff.

Thx~
show more