forum

[Poll] What feature would you like to see in osu!mania?

posted
Total Posts

Top 3 features that you would like to see in mania (up to 3 choices)

Rates/Freq system
32.21%
More visual mods
8.28%
Mirror mod
17.18%
A stricter / more lenient option for HP/OD
8.59%
3 dimensional playfield options
11.35%
More dynamic scroll speed system
14.42%
Other
7.98%
Total votes: 326
Topic Starter
Jinjin
Last time I did a poll on the kinds of ranked maps players wanted to see in mania. This time, I would like to know what kinds of features the community wants to see in osu!mania. Keep in mind that this poll is just for fun, and probably won't actually affect mania in the long run.

Poll choices explained:
  1. Rates / Freq System - Basically being able to play a map with different playback rate and not just HT and DT.

2. More visual mods - More types of visual mods like FL, FI, HD

3. Mirror mod - Mod that flips the columns. Helps with playing maps with considerable hand bias

4. A stricter / more lenient option for HP/OD - Maybe HP/OD 10 isn't enough? This choice is for those that want to see a stricter HP drain / Accuracy judgement, or even a more lenient one.

5. 3 dimensional playfield options - The current mania playfield is two dimensional. If you'd like to see some options to slant the playfield or even make it curvy, this choice is for you. (Think of sm's hallway, SDVX, or Guitar Hero)

6. More dynamic scroll speed system - Want to see negative scroll speed? Even crazier SV gimmicks? This is for you!

Some fresh original ideas are also welcome in the discussion below!

(please refrain from making comments such as 'haha anon Stepmania / lr2 already has these options'. This is a discussion about what features would be useful to mania players, not a discussion about how other vsrgs are better because they have etc.)
Julie
Negative scroll speed /o/!!! Crazieer effect and stuff ayyyy :D
-[C R A Z Y]-
- Mirror mod, good idea as the "mod random" makes the map be ugly
- Rates, I support that
Pope Gadget
change maria to queen elizabeth ii
AGRX
Rates / Freq Systemactually - absolutely needed, this feature will help us to learn patterns and get mechanical skill and feel to it
I dont wan to boot into windows from mac just to slowdown a map using 3rd party software and then boot back into osx just because on windows partition my osu is crashing due mac drivers...

More visual mods - what kind of other visual mods this game needs ? just another gimmick imho.

3 dimensional playfield options - gimmick

A stricter / more lenient option for HP/OD - not a priority in the current state of o!m

Mirror mod - there should be simple program to flip notes in .osu file no? its no biggie unlike changing bpm and map speed
however not hard to implement :D

More dynamic scroll speed system - probably smoother SV changes ? cant imagine this category

better skining support - more important, I think mania still has not so much of ability to animate or colorize some of its elements... it still feel very limiting
_underjoy
Rates are an okay system, helping a lot in increasing/decreasing the difficulty of a map in order to practice it on lower speed or giving yourself a challenge.

Mirror mod is probably the most important thing I want to see. Not only when it comes to maps with hand bias, it has the biggest importance in 5k and 7k, where players use different thumbs and some patterns are much easier for the other thumb (see [123][45] trills in 5k for example)
However it's critical in 7k+1, and should be diversified to two versions of mirror:
1. Turning the P2 option (SpecialStyle=2) should mirror THE WHOLE CHART, including the scratch, just like P2 in IIDX/LR2. This would keep all the scratch patterning the same as the original chart, instead of just flipping the scratch to the other side as it is now, making many of charts really uncomfortable with outer finger trilling.
2. Mirror mod would just flip the notes WITHOUT flipping scratch to the other side.

The third feature which would be nice would be snap colours, just like in Stepmania, this makes reading for some people easier. If not in the actual game, at least in the editor to make everything more transparent.
Yuudachi-kun
Rates definately 100%
Deva
Add more mappers so I wouldn't have to play 5 same maps over and over again till I get better for my map pool to increase to 10 maps.
AGRX

HK_ wrote:

Add more mappers so I wouldn't have to play 5 same maps over and over again till I get better for my map pool to increase to 10 maps.
you dont even play mania lol
Elementaires
Rates, and mirror, because mindblocko
Deva

Agrrox wrote:

I do but mostly offline because its not like I'd get any pp even if I did play online...
gintoki147
coldloops
EtienneXC
Where do I even start lmao
Wh1teh
Rates and more scroll speed options should be the priority. Also option for setting the hitposition offscreen would also be a nice addition.

E: Also this isn't mania specific, but leaderboards for unranked maps, no pp or profile notifications, just leaderboards for unranked maps.
Yuudachi-kun

Agrrox wrote:

HK_ wrote:

He's not wrong
Kempie
Mirror is great, but let's also not forget about S-Random and H-Random seen in IIDX/LR2. The current Random shuffles all lanes. S-Random randomizes every single note. H-Random is like S-Random, but prevents jacks (where possible). All of these mods are great for practicing odd, difficult pattern. S-Random especially helps with practicing jacks.

Rates would be great too, everything between 0.8x-1.4x with 0.1x increments would suit my needs. Regarding HP/OD; I'd rather just have a more punishing lifebar at lower levels of HP. HP 10 is already really unforgiving, but anything below 8 is a joke.
Sorafu_old_1
I think rates is probably something that needs to be implemented for mania. Coming into mania, I assumed that it would have different rates just from my experience with other rhythm games
PiXL
personally, I think rates, harsher OD, and 3d playfield would be very nice. I suck at accuracy but od10 doesnt really feel all that hard (although hp10 is plenty imo). rates would be nice because almost nothing is playable (and fun) on 1.5x (which is what dt is) and not even some of the hardest and fastest charts I can think of are even a challenge with HT. 3d playfield would be nice because I know lots of people rely on those in stepmania or o2jam U. and more skinning is never a bad thing anyways. mirror would also be nice but honestly I don't think its as high priority as stuff like rates or harsher OD
Caput Mortuum
O reverse sv
lenpai
negative scroll and dimension swap pls

akdjdhdwkallxcjdbsal
show more