posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lazorcat
Can I please sit at the big boys table now? :<
Yuudachi-kun
No you suck
Deva
I'm 35k and still like the worst scrub ever.

Play more.
StephOsu
I'm 17k and I'm still sitting at the pleb table eating kids meal
Yuudachi-kun
I'm 1.4k now and feel like my rank is shitttt
Deva
Now we are waiting for cookiezi to show up and say that hes noob.
StephOsu
but cookiezi already did that a lot of times during his streams/plays with smokes
Deva
He did but we need him to come here and say it.
Topic Starter
Lazorcat
If I can be serious for a second, what's up with the whole Osu! culture of saying you're bad? It just makes me feel bad coming from other people. I have always felt proud of my rank and at the same time I know there is so much ahead of me to achieve. Just feels really negative to me and I'm just here to have fun and see myself grow.
Deva
Just don't brag about your rank, keep it private and you will be fine.
StephOsu

Lazorcat wrote:

If I can be serious for a second, what's up with the whole Osu! culture of saying you're bad? It just makes me feel bad coming from other people. I have always felt proud of my rank and at the same time I know there is so much ahead of me to achieve. Just feels really negative to me and I'm just here to have fun and see myself grow.
once you think you are good, your improvement rate will slow down no matter what you do
you can only have fast improvement rate when you know that you are bad and you try your best to fix that
once you think that you are perfect, you can't see any spaces of improvement anymore
Yuudachi-kun
Not good enough in mania
StephOsu

Khelly wrote:

Not good enough in mania
beat staiain soon
Yuudachi-kun

StephOsu wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Not good enough in mania
beat staiain soon
I WILL JUST YOU WATCH ME
StephOsu
brb getting online to spectate
N0thingSpecial
The big boi table is only reserved for peppy
LoliPantsu
im a professional osu! player, I have over 4000 pp and i can play insane maps and am technically in the top 0.1% of players
Yuudachi-kun
Every 100k is top 5% ahahahhaha
Snow901
I read the title and thought this would be an AMA thread, lol
Yukitemi

StephOsu wrote:

once you think you are good, your improvement rate will slow down no matter what you do
you can only have fast improvement rate when you know that you are bad and you try your best to fix that
once you think that you are perfect, you can't see any spaces of improvement anymore
That's total nonsence, if you have a will to improvement you WILL improve nomatter what you think about yourself. That is childish thing to say tbh, like saying that you're bad, somehow\magically increase your improvement rate, also in 90% of the time ppl say that ironically.

P.S. I'm bad.

kin I have mi 200+pipi score now? pleaze?
Clem

Yuki Kei wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

That's total nonsence, if you have a will to improvement you WILL improve nomatter what you think about yourself. That is childish thing to say tbh, like saying that you're bad, somehow\magically increase your improvement rate, also in 90% of the time ppl say that ironically.

P.S. I'm bad.

I think what he was saying is that if you start being completly satisfied with your current skills, you lose that will to improve which is required to do so. You can be proud of what you have achieved without ever losing sight of the fact that there's no limit to what you can reach.
StephOsu

Yuki Kei wrote:

P.S. I'm bad.

learn to read the keywords of my sentences

StephOsu wrote:

improvement doesn't come magically
if you know you are bad, and you don't wanna fix it, it's the same as if you think that the bad in you is a part of the perfect you
If you don't know that you are bad, then you don't even know that that part of you requires fixing. How are you going to get the will to improve if you can't find your own flaws?
you can't improve anything without identifying the flaws first
a perfect thing has no flaw and ironically doesn't exist in this world as well
Yukitemi
You need to learn understand meaning of the sentence, not just keywords.
If you have some flaws that doesn't mean you're bad at the game you know. And you don't have to think you're bad at the game to improve. Also you don't have to think you're bad to SEE your flaws. Thats not gonna open your vision\mind... you can see them anyway. And even if you can't, thinking that you're bad, not gonna help you see them.
On the other hand ofcourse, problem if you can't ADMIT your flaws coz you think your perfect(I know that's the main point you make). And even here you don't have to think you're bad. You just need to stop thinking that you're perfect.

Clem wrote:

if you start being completly satisfied with your current skills, you lose that will to improve which is required to do so.
If you satisfied in your current skill then you don't even need to improve.
Deva

Yuki Kei wrote:

That's the worst mindset if you want to be the best.
Yukitemi

HK_ wrote:

Yuki Kei wrote:

Yes, but if you wan't to be the best you're not gonna think in that way, right?
Deva
If you want to be the best, you are bad all the time.
If you don't then you can think what the hell ever you want.
Yukitemi
tldr? Or just everything that I said go in one ear and out the other?
Endie-

Lazorcat wrote:

There is always someone better than you basically. You'll understand eventually
Alakezam

HK_ wrote:

Yuki Kei wrote:

HK_ wrote:

If you don't then you can think what the hell ever you want.
Well I believe you have to give yourself milestones and actually credit yourself each time you reach one and/ or become noticeably better. The release of dopamine is good for playing/ becoming better and much healthier than wanting to be the best thinking you're a bad player all the time. Negativity slows learning. People with a positive mindset and interest in whatever they're doing generally learn much faster and achieve more than someone who hates what they're doing. If you genuinely think you are bad all the time and don't give yourself any credit because "I want to be the best, but I'm really bad":

HK_ wrote:

I'm 35k and still like the worst scrub ever.
You'll have a slow improvement curve and eventually be bored of the game - because of slow progress or you don't enjoy what you're doing. Looking at your current skill seeing that you're not the best combined with a negative mindset is hardly a tool for improving. Having fun and enjoying what you're doing is, which is which is why so many play for fun - it's healthy - but also keep in mind fun is relative to the player. I nearly 99% fc'd a 5.2 song with hdhr today, choked and laughed of happiness at the end, moving on to another song because I didn't want to retry it over and over (nerves + boring really). I have a friend who nearly made a play and got mad and senseless that he choked at the end, so there's an example of the relativity. I am completely satisfied in my current skill and enjoy the game, while improving at what seems like a steady and fast rate. This is why my opinion is as it is and why I disagree with yours. On a side note, not to pick a fight or anything and I could totally be wrong as I don't hang on the forum here hardly ever, but from a quick browse you seem arrogant towards others. Just thought I'd let you know. Up to you if you agree and want to change how you put your words or whatever :)
Deva
Just because I think I'm bad doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the game, if I didn't I would quit long ago. I too have moments when I simply laugh out loud of happiness because I liked the map/song so much. Thinking one is bad has no connection whatsoever to not having fun.
N0thingSpecial
Look at rrtyui and hvick and remember, mapping is the real endgame
Deva

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Look at rrtyui and hvick and remember, mapping is the real endgame
What about cookiezi?
N0thingSpecial

HK_ wrote:

What about cookiezi?
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh soon ™
Alakezam

HK_ wrote:

Just because I think I'm bad doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the game, if I didn't I would quit long ago. I too have moments when I simply laugh out loud of happiness because I liked the map/song so much. Thinking one is bad has no connection whatsoever to not having fun.
Fun was an example of positive learning. Saying that you're bad to yourself is negative. Without ever giving yourself credit or setting milestones getting better/ "being the best" will be much slower, because achieving small goals and milestones is positive behavior. Positive; faster learning than negative behavior. If you tell yourself you're bad and set no milestones, even slower. So I was expressing how I think

HK_ wrote:

is totally false. You're not saying you might be bad in areas and need to improve (which would be a goal/ milestone/ positive, then achieving it), you're saying you definitely are 100% bad all of the time.

But

Yuki Kei wrote:

tldr? Or just everything that I said go in one ear and out the other?
Fxjlk
Having a positive mindset or a negative mindset all the time are both not very optimal.

Be positive when you achieve things, you deserve to feel good when you break old scores. Positive thinking will make the game easier to play and you will get better faster because you will ignore fatigue and play more. Being positive allows you to break away fear that can hold you back.

However don't get complacent, negative thinking is useful if you want to more clearly see your flaws. If you are aware of parts of songs you are weak on and fear them you can prepare yourself and increase your attention more selectively.

Controlling when you use certain emotions and changing your mindset based on the situation is probably the most optimal. Use positivity to drive you forward and negativity to steer your path.
N0thingSpecial
Why does it matter holy shit, positive attitude = healthy growth, negative attitude = quit game earlier. Either way it's good
Fxjlk
Also sorry your thread got derailed Lazorcat xD

Gratz on 100k
Scarlet Evans

N0thingSpecial wrote:

HK_ wrote:

What about cookiezi?
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh soon ™
It already started, long ago... why do you think Cookiezi was banned and "quit" for along time :)

cookiezi's love is pure white insane symphony

But now he overcame it and came back with even greater power! Let's hope the same will happen with rrtyui and hvick ;)
StephOsu

Scarlet Evans wrote:

It already started, long ago... why do you think Cookiezi was banned and "quit" for along time :)

cookiezi's love is pure white insane symphony

But now he overcame it and came back with even greater power! Let's hope the same will happen with rrtyui and hvick ;)
COOKIEZI MAPPU BRB PLAYING IT WOOOO autism intensifies
show more