forum

Hamtaro skin examples

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I have some examples on the Hamtaro skin. I will try and get the entire skin finished.

Here is one of the examples:

Homestarrunner
nice! i might make a sonic skin in my free-time
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Okay. Now here's the meter gauge:

Homestarrunner
are you ripping sprites, or getting them from the net? Cause if your ripping, i have a few ideas
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Well... I don't have an emulator, so I have to both get them from the internet and become creative.

Anyways, Here's the Hamtaro sprite for each condition on the meter:

Homestarrunner
oh, nvm then, maybe the spinner should be a giant sunflower seed?
LuigiHann
I don't know if Hamtaro has one, but a hamster wheel would make a cute spinner. :)
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I am kinda going to make the spinner a sunflower, just so I can chafe out the situation. But when I get back into working on the mod, I will send more pics.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I'm back! And I have got the sprites.

Homestarrunner
maybe the X could be when hamtaro is covering his head?
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I did have a sprite of Hamtaro holding some kind of... you'll see when I send it out, okay?
awp
SUNFLOWER SEEEEEED.
Homestarrunner
might be the ham-ham dictionary
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
:shock: Are you guys trying to think about a spinner idea? :shock: I'm trying as hard as posible to get a miss icon and get the spinner done. I'll try and show it to you when I'm done, okay? ;)
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Homestarrunner
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Don't sweat it Homestarrunner. He's going to get it back up on friday. ^_^
Survivor_old
It all looks very cute, but I'm afraid it might be a bit big and intruding.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Hmm... Feels like the delay's getting on me. When is Eugen's internet be back up? But, I'm still not canceling it! If you want to make some of the sprites in my place, show it to me, okay?
Oddbrother
Although you may not be able to get back on the computer for a while, you might be able to write down a list of what to do to finish up the skin; start drawing up some ideas with a pencil and paper.

Here's my suggestion:

You know when you fill up the spinner bar all the way, and at the end of the spinner, you get a message that says, 押忍!or "Oh Yeah!"
You should have yours say, "Grooba!"
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

Oddbrother wrote:

Although you may not be able to get back on the computer for a while, you might be able to write down a list of what to do to finish up the skin; start drawing up some ideas with a pencil and paper.

Here's my suggestion:

You know when you fill up the spinner bar all the way, and at the end of the spinner, you get a message that says, 押忍!or "Oh Yeah!"
You should have yours say, "Grooba!"
Uh, I was still thinking of is like "Hamu-riffic!" or something like that. :|
Green_Wolf_Dog

Dark Deception wrote:

Uh, I was still thinking of is like "Hamu-riffic!" or something like that. :|
Hamtaro has like 2 games for GameBoy and there are books with Ham-Ham words/phrases and what that mean that you have to find out by talking to other hamsters and helping them. you can look those up, and if i find my games i'll help

EDIT: some i can see from my games are;
Grooba (like Oddbrother said)
Greatchu (Great)
Hamtast (Perfect)
Wondachu (Wonderful)
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I haven't responded to that in a long time, but thanks.

Also, I have great news! Eugen got his internet back up! But the bad news is he gone somewhere for today. But tomorrow, I will get there and add more sprites! and to mix things up, I'll add the countdown sprites!

I still can't figure out what the spinner would look like. I guess putting a Hamtaro episode disk would work.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Tottal disaster folks!

Eugen already sold his computer! *Runs around in terror* All the progress, GONE!

Well, there's one thing left to do: Since I'm lucky enough to save the sprites posted here, I'll continuing making it, this time, by saving it with my disk drive! *Parading around like an idiot* Problem is: How am I going to download the template skin w/o downloading the game itself?
awp
You could always download something like the EBA/EBO skin and work from there.
LuigiHann
Actually, as of the last time I checked, eirrol's Ouendan skin includes almost all of the template skin, so that might be a better place to start :P Even better, you could just ask Peppy in IRC, and he can probably give you a download link.
awp
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

LuigiHann wrote:

Actually, as of the last time I checked, eirrol's Ouendan skin includes almost all of the template skin, so that might be a better place to start :P Even better, you could just ask Peppy in IRC, and he can probably give you a download link.
Thanks LuigiHann! *Hugs him* :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

But you are right about the 'Almost' part. I can't understand the japanese language and the miss, 300, 100, 50, Katu and Geki icons arn't there... :o

Can you send me another link? Or at least some images?
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I got the geki and the two katu sprites.
By the by, Bijou's with him.

Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I got both the spinner up, but I need to find out how to make space on the meter and make a osu sprite for the hamham word: Wondachu?

Any help? Maybe doing those tricky parts for me would be nice.

show more