forum

About mapping and money

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sheikah
Hi, I've a doubt and I hope you can help me.

I'm a person of 24yo who don't likes anime too much and find some anime music boring (some songs are nice). So I want to encourage mappers to map some music genres that I love because at the end of the day I play the game because I can enjoy nice music in a different way.

So my question is... Is there something wrong with offer 2-4 support months or steam money or things like that so they'll map some songs that I love?

I don't know if this is "ethic" and that's why I'm asking first.

I think donating some money to mappers is nice. I've tried map some songs and I don't know if I'm just bad but I feel it's hard and takes a lot of time.

PS: I hope you don't get offended.
PS2: Sorry for my bad english.
Endaris
mapping is hard and takes a lot of time

i don't know about others but you can't "pay" mappers like that because they map because they love what they do
you also can't expect any guarantee that a map will ever reach a decent state or anything really
personally i wouldn't ever consider mapping a song for someone else for payment unless it would be really good payment like 10€ per hour hue

i think the most decent way would be giving supporter to mappers that already map songs you like RIGHT NOW and associate with them; they'll certainly be motivated and if you already like the same kind of music the chance that this someone will map another song you'd love to play are a lot higher, regardless of money or anything.

you also have to note that quite some genres are incredibly difficult to map due to technical hurdles like inconsistent timing etc.

tl;dr
i'd say keep it to "donating" to people who already work on stuff you like to see; I'm sure a payment basis won't work out well at all
Topic Starter
Sheikah

Endaris wrote:

tl;dr
i'd say keep it to "donating" to people who already work on stuff you like to see; I'm sure a payment basis won't work out well at all
Thanks for your reply. And yes, I've "donated" some steam games or support tags to some mappers for some maps that I really love.
But I don't know. I would love to hear more music diversity. Maybe I need to find some mappers that love music genres that I love, I'll try that.
blissfulyoshi
I'll just add on, there is no real way the staff can monitor if you pay mappers or not, but best of luck trying to find someone that you can contract to map the songs you like. As you've already said, it is best to start with mappers you know who would map that genre or asking mappers whose style you like if they're willing (you can as you said, offer incentives).
gracefu

Sheikah wrote:

Hi, I've a doubt and I hope you can help me.

I'm a person of 24yo who don't likes anime too much and find some anime music boring (some songs are nice). So I want to encourage mappers to map some music genres that I love because at the end of the day I play the game because I can enjoy nice music in a different way.

So my question is... Is there something wrong with offer 2-4 support months or steam money or things like that so they'll map some songs that I love?

I don't know if this is "ethic" and that's why I'm asking first.

I think donating some money to mappers is nice. I've tried map some songs and I don't know if I'm just bad but I feel it's hard and takes a lot of time.

PS: I hope you don't get offended.
PS2: Sorry for my bad english.
There are a lot of noob mappers that would have a go at shit mapping your songs even if you don't pay them (like me).

I suggest you try to get to know everyone in #modhelp and get into the network first
Bara-
I don't think paying people to map will work out well. Getting a map ranked is a long process (and quite many people eventually give up), better donate mappers if they got a map ranked with a song you want
Electoz
That'll turn mapping into a real business huh
_handholding
If I can make a living making from shit maps then sure, I approve
Natsu
it can work, mapping isnt that hard, but you need to find a person willing to do it
tewiiii
This would only work if you find a mapper willing to map if you pay them. like if they start a business on patreon
xenal
Please check the date of the last post before replying to avoid reviving dead threads pointlessly.