forum

Am I bad at this game ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kurodahatsuharu
So yesterday me and some friends play multi together and i lost the entire time. All those song are high star level (5.5* - 6*) and also the first time we play but i can't win a single time even i have the highest rank among my friends. So that make me think, am i really that bad ? Yes i can play better at a song after i try a few times, but when i come to a new song i become a total noob, i lost to #80K rank player. What i need to do now ?
Endaris
Play more.
Don't judge your skill from your performance at 6*. Judge it based on the stuff that you think is challenging yet in reach.
You were most likely all very bad at those 6* maps and it doesn't really matter who is the least bad when all are bad.
KupcaH
Everyone is bad in this game. Play more.
StephOsu

KupcaH wrote:

Everyone is bad in this game. Play more.
Yuudachi-kun
Play moe
StephOsu

Khelly wrote:

Play moe
Topic Starter
kurodahatsuharu
yeah i know about play more thing. The problem is i play double the among of time my friends have, but still, i lose. So there is something wrong with my "play more" that i need to find out.
vinnicci
KupcaH
Download a lot of maps and play them without retrying. And pray mole. ;^)
Sayorie
Well, we can't exactly tell you what to do with so little information you gave us, so we could only tell you to play more.

Do you have bad aim? Can't stream? Can't read patterns? Too inconsistent? We don't friggin know.
winber1
i didn't read anything but the title, but the answer is most definitely

yes
StephOsu

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

yeah i know about play more thing. The problem is i play double the among of time my friends have, but still, i lose. So there is something wrong with my "play more" that i need to find out.
there's nothing wrong with your play more
everyone just have different progression rate
just to set an example kupcah is way better than me despite having lower (maybe half) of my playtime
7ambda
Play longer and less generic maps.
Deva
Its normal to lose to lower ranked player just as its normal to beat higher ranked ones.

Pray mole.

ps

you have the most generic pp maps in your top plays

play actual maps or you will stay bad forever
Sayorie
Most of the time I play actual full-length non-generic maps because I like them but almost all of my top plays are generic pp maps

There's no fault in taking advantage of generic pp maps imo
Deva
But you are trash at the game too so what you said holds no weight~
Sayorie
we are all trash in this game, senpai, and so is your advice~
Deva
I am trash but compared to most of you im improving~
Topic Starter
kurodahatsuharu

Arthraxium wrote:

Well, we can't exactly tell you what to do with so little information you gave us, so we could only tell you to play more.

Do you have bad aim? Can't stream? Can't read patterns? Too inconsistent? We don't friggin know.
All if i play 5.5* - 6* map, but i'm worse than my friends.

HK_ wrote:

Its normal to lose to lower ranked player just as its normal to beat higher ranked ones.

Pray mole.

ps

you have the most generic pp maps in your top plays

play actual maps or you will stay bad forever
I play all kind of songs, but i only finish the song that i FC, other song i still play until the end but i quit before it. I don't know what is generic map, I press right click on the mouse to circle around the among the song i have then i play.
StephOsu

Arthraxium wrote:

Most of the time I play actual full-length non-generic maps because I like them but almost all of my top plays are generic pp maps

There's no fault in taking advantage of generic pp maps imo
Endaris
Mfw my answer got fully ignored.
I repeat:

If you compare 3 people who all cannot play 6* maps at all the outcome of a multiplayer match will be relatively random and mainly decided by the skills to mash and flail - both skills that have nothing to do with playing osu!.
Beat them up on 4* instead.
Fxjlk
Edit: Endaris beat me to it xD, playing maps out of your skill level is all about luck.

Endaris wrote:

Mfw my answer got fully ignored.
I repeat:

If you compare 3 people who all cannot play 6* maps at all the outcome of a multiplayer match will be relatively random and mainly decided by the skills to mash and flail - both skills that have nothing to do with playing osu!.
Beat them up on 4* instead.
Also kurodahatsuharu you are ranked 46k which is pretty good for only 800k total hits. Worry less, Play more.
Pitreq
5.5*-6* is completely out of your skill, so no, you can't be bad at things way out of your reach
SkullFull
Read this poem.

Pseudo-safari, the hunt is canned ...
Like the walls are closing in
Another show's around the bend
You try and find you inside of me

Moonbeams surge through the sky
On judgement day
Rise so high, yet so far to fall
Eradication of earths

Now read the first letter of each line.
mulraf
if they are behind you in ranks, so <#45k, and they manage to do well at 5,5 - 6* maps, you're not the one who sucks, but they are the ones who have a higher skill than their rank suggests.
StephOsu

mulraf wrote:

if they are behind you in ranks, so <#45k, and they manage to do well at 5,5 - 6* maps, you're not the one who sucks, but they are the ones who have a higher skill than their rank suggests.
or they are better at mashing
Outline
I can A/B 5.5* and 6* so should I just be a higher rank or something?
StephOsu

Outline wrote:

N i c e m e m e
Deva

Outline wrote:

Getting an A on a meme aim map doesnt mean anything. If im wrong then peppy gimme pp for my A on 7.5*.
Outline

HK_ wrote:

Outline wrote:

Getting an A on a meme aim map doesnt mean anything. If im wrong then peppy gimme pp for my A on 7.5*.

I'm confused, I got a D on a 10* map with NF so I'm good, right?
Deva

Outline wrote:

I got a D on a 46* map get on my level :/
Outline

HK_ wrote:

Outline wrote:

I got a D on a 46* map get on my level :/

y u gotta be so much better tthan me