forum

New osu!Tourney client

posted
Total Posts
show more
ThePooN
The background cfg property is deprecated and already removed on CE. I don't know about Beta/Stable tho.
fajar13k
Can i really edit and customize my client skin? i'd like to change it like This
Is there any steps that i can follow? osu! Tourney wiki doesn't give me steps to do it.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
Hey there, you may have noticed that the public Slack channel got butchered recently. I want to provide express support for you guys so until an alternative to the late public Slack channel is created I've set up a Discord server at [redacted].

Edit: Please contact tournaments@ppy.sh for any queries and feedback that previously would've gone to public Slack. I will be waiting :)
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
In the process of restructuring how we do things internally and cleaning up things in general, we may have some casualties who've had their tournament staff permissions removed. Please let tournaments@ppy.sh know if your permissions were incorrectly removed *ASAP*.
_Eevee
I cant click anything other than the player screen , please help.
Things inside tournaments.cfg :
TeamSize = 1
Height = 720
privateserver =
ClientNameSize = 90
BufferTotalTime = 3000
BufferDangerTime = 1000
BufferTimeoutTime = 20000
RankingChatDelay = 15000
acronym = OST
StartupDelay = 0
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
What monitor resolution do you have? You'll need to change the Height value in the tournament.cfg so that Height + 200 is at most your screen height, otherwise input will be offset.
_Eevee
fixed , thanks ! I have change my height value and its working now
PattyPat
can muted players join tourny client matches?
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
Don't think so.
Shurelia
My friend tested the client and got something like this :

What makes the osu!client got kinda stacked up like that?
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
Too low screen height. Change the "Height" property in the tournament.cfg file so that Height + 200 = your screen resolution
WalterToro

PatrickArrow wrote:

can muted players join tourny client matches?

smoogipooo wrote:

Don't think so.
Need to confirm that a muted player CAN join a MP tourney match but it isnt show in the client (This happened when -Stratos was silenced last weekend for 2 hours because of lag caused by Venezuelan internet)

ps: -Statos was inside the match when it was silenced.
juankristal
They cant play anyways Walter.
Skylar
Hey, can you guys make that we can set in-game tourney client option in tournament.cfg?

its kind of annoying because when everytime we reboot client, our setting get reset and we have to set option all each screen again.

if we can set option for in-game option, it will be convenient and we don't have to waste of time everytime for set option.

p.s. also i tried osu.user.cfg for in-game tourney setting, but it was not apply on client.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
What options would you like to be set in the tournament.cfg specifically?
Skylar

smoogipooo wrote:

What options would you like to be set in the tournament.cfg specifically?
background dim, turn on storyboard and background video.
la_sion_osu
with the client font, if i make the room like this ~~~ ( 팀이름1 ) vs ( 팀이름2 ) than client print korean fonts to "Batang" fonts,

and this is literally inapposite for design perspective ( http://puu.sh/pNGWH/aafbe32439.png )

so could you guys add option custom character font to tourney client for player name and team name?
inkuxuan
Can I change the skin of spectating in osu!tourney? The tracks for mania are too narrow
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
@inkuxuan: Yes you can but you'll need to change the skin named "User" in the Skins folder.
inkuxuan

smoogipooo wrote:

@inkuxuan: Yes you can but you'll need to change the skin named "User" in the Skins folder.
@smoogipooo That helped thanks!! :)
Halfslashed
Having issues starting after switching to Windows 10 with TeamSize = 4. The client starts up 7 windows and appears to be fine, but when the 8th loads, the 8 clients freeze and go into a restart loop with the following errors:
http://puu.sh/pPfPT/76525997a2.png
http://puu.sh/pPfQO/6475802f58.png
Video (From phone due to nature of issue)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F50ECM69ioQ

I tested this on other TeamSize values, and for values 1 and 2, the client operates fine. For value 3, the client operates fine in the main menu, but starts the crashing loop when I attempt to spectate a game.

System Specs: http://puu.sh/pPj2N/a76d525b65.png
Driver Version: NVIDIA 368.39

Tournament.cfg used for testing
TeamSize = 4
privateserver =
acronym =
BufferTotalTime = 3000
BufferDangerTime = 1000
BufferTimeoutTime = 20000
background = https://osu.ppy.sh/images/tournament/default.png
ClientNameSize = 90
Height = 720
RankingChatDelay = 15000
StartupDelay = 0
fps = 60

For the record, the file is not "blocked", is being run as administrator, etc. Multiple driver reinstallations have been attempted, and this worked on windows 7 x64.
Catgirl
Two issues I found during my last session using tourney client on Saturday. I never saw either of these happen until this weekend, and my last time using the client was 2 weeks earlier, so something likely changed in that time period.

1 - I noticed several times that player positions in the lobby weren't updating until Bancho passed new information such as the map being changed or the song starting. Players were swapping in and out of slots in our tournament and they wouldn't update in the client until the song started.

2 - This specific map seemed to cause a memory leak and drove each osu! client's CPU usage up to about 20%, which means with 6 game windows active it managed to completely freeze my computer. The leak started as soon as I connected to the multiplayer match where this map was picked, and didn't go away immediately when the host changed the map until I restarted the tourney client.

I'm guessing it may have been something weird with the map because I had never seen this happen with any other map. It happened on the visualizations on the main menu, not the actual map being played, and possibly just because there is something glitchy at the start of the song. I can look into it more when I get home and see if I can find any more information.

EDIT: I'm back home and did some testing. I was able to download this map through tourney client but I was unable to download this one or this one mentioned above. (Interestingly, Purity Red was not downloaded or in a Failed folder even though I had the map in the client, albeit glitched, on Saturday.) I looked through all of the logfiles and not a single request was logged for trying to download the map, even though there was a request to download another one.

It also occurred to me that I had osu!supporter 2 weeks ago when it was working normally, and this was the first time I have used the tourney client without having supporter, so that could also be a possible cause.

Here are the logfiles from one session that included trying to download Purity Red two separate times, with a successful download of Ascension to Heaven inbetween.
SloppierKitty7
anyway i can test the tournament client for a private game between a few friends?
Catgirl
another bug i found, i'll just leave this here

hehe
Is it possible to enable combo colours in the tournament client? I've already tried
  1. Reinstalling
  2. Editing the osu!.User.cfg file to disable ignore beatmap skins.
  3. Disabling ignore beatmap skin in regular osu bootup, not a tourney client bootup.
Not sure if the functionality is nonexistent, as it can only be done by manually disabling ignore beatmap skin from every tourney client instance on every startup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_h6AGulIKk Basically any tournament match has beatmap skin turned off, so the default colours are present.
Leithanien
I have a problem with the client.
When i try open the client, appears a box with the message "The client could not connect. Check you internet connection" but my internet is working normally
What i have to do?
Ganonjr
You must be an osu! supporter to be able to run osu! Tourney ?
OtherElement
The !mp addref doesn't work, Do they have to use a IRC client in order to be a ref or no?
Marshmall0w
okokokoko
Discretos
This message osu tourney said me when i attempt to start it :( http://prntscr.com/cx41m7
P.S I have a tournament tomorrow :(
Mikudesu

Ganonjr wrote:

You must be an osu! supporter to be able to run osu! Tourney ?
No. Some times it also appears to me. Try to move Tournament.cfg to desktop and place it back into osu folder.
Mikudesu
This is supposed to happen?

[Youtube video]
HoTTy
Hey guys !
I have a problem witch my osu!tourney client. Rooms are not showing up. I use good acronym, and people write good name of room. idk what i need to do.
We are creating rooms over and over again and there is the same problem..
My friends says that i am on-line then im off-line in seconds when i use osu!tourney. That's all what i know.
Can u help ?
zelda101
Same thing that is happening to HoTTy happened to me the other day and i still happening for me right now. The tournament client just connects and then gets DC'd every second.

Here's a short video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Emp7ajAEw

Screenshot of in-game chat:
Mikudesu

zelda101 wrote:

Same thing that is happening to HoTTy happened to me the other day and i still happening for me right now. The tournament client just connects and then gets DC'd every second.
The osu!Tourney client it's just for Tournament Staff use and it's explained in osu!Tourney client wiki.
This text can be found in wiki.
"Keep in mind that in order to use osu!tourney, you must be part of the Tournament Staff usergroup, or you won’t be able to login properly to it."
So as long you aren't in Tournament Staff it wont work properly.
zelda101
I don't believe that's the case anymore. Before it would simply say you aren't in tournament staff, now it launches but it just keeps disconnecting. They even said it would soon be available to everyone on the blog ~3 months ago http://blog.ppy.sh/post/149588555393/20 ... ev-meeting

I guess the change just hasn't been fully implemented yet.
Mikudesu
I think that isn't available once the wiki didn't receive any change saying anything about it and still exists "How to get access" in wiki. And blog says maybe sooner so they're not sure about when release it. And 3months already so why it wouldn't it take more time to release it?
Gochiusa
I would like to conduct individual competition. I would like to delete the following score for each team. Is there any way?
Enon
don't mp4 file work anymore?
Nissanwarrior69
hey i have tried putting the default skin into C:/.../.../Desktop/osu!/Skins/User/tournament/ and made sure it was named background.png and it is still black for me and after a while i get a osu! have stoped responding and also Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: osu!.exe
Application Version: 1.3.3.7
Application Timestamp: 586b1c34
Hang Signature: 394c
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 394ce14c5eb5cf5b240e2370d1b163f6
Additional Hang Signature 2: 7b29
Additional Hang Signature 3: 7b292ada990c54a3ac83effb647d3b83
Additional Hang Signature 4: 394c
Additional Hang Signature 5: 394ce14c5eb5cf5b240e2370d1b163f6
Additional Hang Signature 6: 7b29
Additional Hang Signature 7: 7b292ada990c54a3ac83effb647d3b83

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
that
show more