forum

Patterns that are unreasonably difficult for you?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lazorcat
I was just trying to get down the beginning pattern to Grumd's map "Only time makes your happiness" on Insane, where it goes "triple-single-triple-triple" and I had a reaction to it I have never had before.

No matter how many times I restarted to get the pattern down I kept fumbling it and it never stopped feeling awkward. Even after practicing it with my fingers on my desk slowly and then mastering it on HT I couldn't do it with all 300s without mods.

I love all of Grumd's maps I can beat, but all his "Insane" difficulty maps have some variation on this weird combo that breaks my momentum and usually kills me. Could it have to do with my "Alternate only, no matter what" playstyle? Anyways, I'd love some input as well as some combos that gave you a similar experience so I can sympathize.
Railey2
I miss like crazy on every CRN map
Yuudachi-kun
Dumpstreams
Left to right rolls
Yolshka

Lazorcat wrote:

Alternate only, no matter what" playstyle?
i guess so, imo every playstyle performs better/worse on different maps, differentiating between each person, probably goes through your mind too.
my tapping is kinda fucked up tbh, i don't fully understand it.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/838482&m=0 insane
these patterns really don't seem hard at all, at least i don't think so, they could be, but i can't do it.
although not to an extent where I fail the map or forced to use HT, I can actually do it somewhat well imo, but it feels really wierd.
If i choose to alternate it I can't really keep the combo, but I can't singletap tap it either , too many things to hit or something and probably too fast.
really interesting, but also pretty frustrating.
i say if a pattern is really frustrating then just leave it, I really like that song but other than that I don't really mind not being able to perform how id like to.
Would probably be very nice for improvement, but the lazy route is to just not care about it huhuhu :P
but youre not alone with that so don't worry much about it.I'm not a 100% sure about what I'm talking tho :P
the pattern you mentioned might not have anything to do with that at all
pkhg
triangles
7ambda
Everything
Fxjlk
Yeah repeated triples are pretty hard, I still have troubles with them xD
based god lil b
? its fucking easy
Multtari
Lines that are more than 3 notes in any shape and form in every bpm.

So basically most of the alternate maps
Deva
Fullscreen back and forth jumps over 200bpm

Also large squares over 230bpm
N0thingSpecial
diamond shape patterns
Sayorie
streams with uneven spacing
and
200bpm+ jumps with stacks
KanoSet
every type of streams
streams are patterns right ?
I Give Up
Jumps and small CS. I suck at those.
winber1
600bpm
7ambda
Those reverse sliders on osu! tutorial are pretty hard. I can't figure on how to get my cursor to go in the opposite direction of the arrow.
chainpullz
Women.
The Gambler

Railey2 wrote:

I miss like crazy on every CRN map
HOW?
StephOsu
DOUBLES IS MY HELL
Sup A Noob
Squares
vinnicci
Endie-
large squares. URGH.
Saunamaisteri
Low AR squares and those goddamn sweaty 2016 shit map jumps.
Paneiru
Intertwined duplets and triples. I'm too dumb to see the difference between the two of them whenever they appear right after each other in long series and end up just treating every single of them as triples :^)
Continous quadruple streams are also cancer
show more