Fullscreen
77.36%
Windowed
22.64%
Total votes: 53
Topic Starter
nilenor
Hi,
I recently came back to osu and, since I don't want to play in a resolution that would bother me later, I would like to know what resolution other players, especially those playing with a 27" monitor, are using.
Yuudachi-kun
I play 1920x1080 with a 27 inch monitor
Deva
Always fullscreen, You will perform better on windowed but your reading will suffer.
Yolshka
Letterboxing counts?
i use that, but it's still fullscreen i guess. The screen is supposedly the same when i was playing windowed ,but it's a bit different.
That's fullscreen right?

HK_ wrote:

Always fullscreen, You will perform better on windowed but your reading will suffer.
Huh really, I was playing windowed for a pretty long time, so this might explain some things, but it sounds really fishy.
Sayorie
in most cases,
fullscreen = less input lag
[Haku]

ShadyAngel wrote:

Letterboxing counts?
i use that, but it's still fullscreen i guess. The screen is supposedly the same when i was playing windowed ,but it's a bit different.
That's fullscreen right?

HK_ wrote:

Huh really, I was playing windowed for a pretty long time, so this might explain some things, but it sounds really fishy.
Technically, for the computer, it's fullscreen only of you have tick "fullscreen" in the menu. Otherway it's windowed. But I Heard that all problem you may have with windowed will not appear if you play in fullscreen with letterboxing.
Deva

ShadyAngel wrote:

HK_ wrote:

If you go to the gym and lift 100kg all the time you will be able to lift 100kg.
If you go to the gym and lift 150kg all the time you will be able to lift 150kg and 100kg but lifting 100 will be much easier.

Its the same thing with reading since it works like a muscle. So playing windowed is not a bad thing but fullscreen is better.
Endie-
I play fullscreen myself, but I don't see how its better than windowed. Someone care to explain how it might worsen reading? cus that makes no sense at all.
Sayorie
not about reading, but about input lag-> t/281955

Tom94 wrote:

That's normal. The desktop window manager (DWM) enforces VSync on top of all applications running inside it, causing a higher input latency compared to running full-screen.

You can disable this if you are running Windows 7 or earlier. If you run windows 8 or higher, then there is no way to fix this, sorry.
[Haku]
And that's why there is letterboxing
-Locke-
1600x900 Letterboxing + Fullscreen. But my monitor res is 1920x1080 normally. I have no input lags or anything, or i didnt notice it ;)

maybe i will try 1920x1080, but then its a different area on tablet again. Need to try it if its a big difference.
Sayorie
Fullscreen letterboxing is still fullscreen, which is different from windowed. Basically windowed mode provides worse performance on low-end systems especially with windows 8+
Ideal
windowed, with a 27" monitor.
no letterboxing, it looks ugly imo.
I Give Up
Neither. I letterbox.
Guri
Fullscreen 1280x1024 xD
NixXSkate
I play windowed and don't recommend fullscreen unless your monitor is a good distance away