forum

Question on the RAZER BLACK WIDOW

posted
Total Posts
show more
ziin

Neruell wrote:

If you don't aim for #1 in Osu! then any ps/2 keyboard will do it's job. If you however want to own Cookiezi and become #1 than you will need the best of the best equipment you can ever get to even gain a smallest advantage you can possibly get.
skill >>>> equipment.
TKiller

ziin wrote:

picked up some microsoft keyboard for free. Surprise surprise when it has the sidewinder's rollover. I really like scissor switches.

I'm definitely not stuck by my keyboard. I can't jack 1/4ths much faster than 135 bpm. I really don't see how people go higher than that, and I don't know of many people who can.

All this mumbo jumbo about keyboard switches is pretty moot. There's no clear winner, or else cherry would only make one switch. I'd probably prefer to have a linear switch, but who knows, a brown would be nice to know when you hit it so you don't have to go all the way up and down. But still, to jack that fast I have to hit pretty hard.
135?
xsrsbsns
so last week I got my blackwidow. the buttons were certainly very light and hence much more easier to "press" than normal laptop keys..

BUT, (for the one full day I used it) I played worse because of problems adjusting to the blue switches (wasn't releasing the keys high enough after ramming them), ie. some of the presses weren't registered as actual keystrokes.

anyway this is only my experience, and since I only tried it for one day (it isn't with me now) so perhaps this could have been a different story. I'll try again in a month's time when I go back.

also

TKiller wrote:

135?
Topic Starter
seasonS

xsrsbsns wrote:

so last week I got my blackwidow. the buttons were certainly very light and hence much more easier to "press" than normal laptop keys..

BUT, (for the one full day I used it) I played worse because of problems adjusting to the blue switches (wasn't releasing the keys high enough after ramming them), ie. some of the presses weren't registered as actual keystrokes.

anyway this is only my experience, and since I only tried it for one day (it isn't with me now) so perhaps this could have been a different story. I'll try again in a month's time when I go back.

also

TKiller wrote:

135?
yeah, I'll just get the Filco/ other brown switch mentioned because it will free up space and brown switches are light to hit too... i think o-o. Right xD? I went to the site that explained the switches but is brown still light?
Sup A Noob

Neruell wrote:

If you don't aim for #1 in Osu! then any ps/2 keyboard will do it's job. If you however want to own Cookiezi and become #1 than you will need the best of the best equipment you can ever get to even gain a smallest advantage you can possibly get.
Cookiezi used a normal old school PS/2 keyboard.

Go figure.
Wishy

ziin wrote:

Neruell wrote:

skill >>>> equipment.
By personal experience I got to say that streaming without a mechanical keyboard is way harder. As I've tried playing with a mech keyboard in a friends house (he has a tablet with the same sens than mine) and got 94% in a map in his house, while I get 90% tops here in my own PC (I wasn't even used to play in his desk, I played like for 15 minutes).
Neruell

Wishy22 wrote:

ziin wrote:

skill >>>> equipment.
By personal experience I got to say that streaming without a mechanical keyboard is way harder. As I've tried playing with a mech keyboard in a friends house (he has a tablet with the same sens than mine) and got 94% in a map in his house, while I get 90% tops here in my own PC (I wasn't even used to play in his desk, I played like for 15 minutes).

Check the Dragonforce songs or songs like Banned forever, most of them were made by Cookiezi with a normal old school PS/2 keyboard and all with the better accuracy than anyone.

But again

If you however want to own Cookiezi and become #1 than you will need the best of the best equipment you can ever get to even gain a smallest advantage you can possibly get.
ziin

xsrsbsns wrote:

also

TKiller wrote:

135?
jack = one finger.
TKiller
but the average single finger speed should be around 140-150...

I'm using a sidewinder too by the way
thelewa
My max single finger speed is 110 and I'm using black switches guess I'm just weak and useless \:D/

sucks to live in finland where the only choices for switches are blue and black. Unless you want to order from another country for over 100€ ":D"
Waryas
my index is about 130-140 1/4 and middle finger can go up to 155 1/4
But since i can't really start a stream with my middle finger i'm stuck singling with my index (Unless it's a pure 280-300 1/2 map then i can go full out with my middle finger)
And mech boards are the best for single tap.
thelewa
Singling is for weaklings, just alternate between every note like a boss :D Thinking about buying a Black Widow myself since it's the OTHER mech keyboard that you can buy in Finland just so I'd have them both.

But I need some info from players who use blue switches and any info on if it's better than using black switches, at least it should be lighter but it's not linear ;_;
Wishy

Neruell wrote:

Harder =/= impossible, just harder.
Evanlet
I purchased a blackwidow just for osu!, I don't regret it in the slightest.
As it is a mechanical keyboard, the keys may be pushed down without the need of much force, not to mention it lasts alot longer than other keyboards.
hinamizawan
I bought a BlackWidow some weeks ago and I think I should have bought a Filco Majestouch (Cherry black), it just doesn't feel fast enough :/
Oh and am I the only one who is constantly cleaning the damn fingerprints?!

EDIT: BTW I'm always changing the keyboard position in the desk to get a bigger BPM.
Topic Starter
seasonS

makkura wrote:

I bought a BlackWidow some weeks ago and I think I should have bought a Filco Majestouch (Cherry black), it just doesn't feel fast enough :/
Oh and am I the only one who is constantly cleaning the damn fingerprints?!

EDIT: BTW I'm always changing the keyboard position in the desk to get a bigger BPM.
Changing the keyboard position how? Like farther back or closer to you o-o? I always adjust my keyboard xD I sort of get like obsessed over little things :3 I'm a perfectionist lol. It bugs me.
***Also is the cherry black the switch for that Filco? (I'm very new to these so I dont know anything) but is cherry black (if thats a switch) good for osu!?***
Asura1325
Razer blackwidow uses their own switches. Orange is for silent and Green is for the original one. I have in in the green switch one so ye. Are tablets good? i dun has 1
KupcaH
Your first post was a 5 years old necropost, congrats!
Helyana
[self-deleted]
Sayorie
wewlad
Rurree

SkullFull wrote:

Aren't browns 55 grams?
No, they're 45.