forum

Bad habit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SkullFull
I have the bad habit of clicking 4 times on 5 note short streams and sometimes 2 times on triplets... how do I fix it? I keep missing notes...
Deva
Play easier and shorter streams and force yourself to click that +1 time. You will stay stuck where you are if you dont fix that right away.

That bad habit comes from playing too hard maps and nothing more.
Topic Starter
SkullFull

HK_ wrote:

Play easier and shorter streams and force yourself to click that +1 time. You will stay stuck where you are if you dont fix that right away.

That bad habit comes from playing too hard maps and nothing more.
What? I usually play maps I can FC in a dozen tries, from 4 to 4.6 stars.
Deva
Then you are just too careless when it comes to 3+ notes. Just put conscious effort into tapping that extra time.
Topic Starter
SkullFull

HK_ wrote:

Then you are just too careless when it comes to 3+ notes. Just put conscious effort into tapping that extra time.
Ok, thanks.
Sayorie
Maybe it's a reading problem.
KyoshiDeath
I don't recommend you to retry a dozen time a map in a row, but well..
[Haku]
That's a funny bad habit 'cause mine is exactly the oposite, I clic one extra time on pair stream (is there are 4 note I usually clic 5).
StephOsu

[Haku] wrote:

That's a funny bad habit 'cause mine is exactly the oposite, I clic one extra time on pair stream (is there are 4 note I usually clic 5).
Topic Starter
SkullFull

Arthraxium wrote:

Maybe it's a reading problem.
Well, my reading sucks, so it could've been. BTW I got over it and I'm starting to get way better scores :D

KyoshiDeath wrote:

I don't recommend you to retry a dozen time a map in a row, but well..
I used to, but got over this too as well some weeks ago.

[Haku] wrote:

Well, doubles and quadruplets are rarer than triples/quints, so that bad habit affects way less than mine.
dung eater
be mindful of your tapping, learn to move fingers enough times 100% of the time in slower maps

you can work on acc or faster maps after your fingers/brains know how many times to tap (very basic reading) and you can make your fingers tap that many times (very basic tapping)
Rumber
I can tell you another thing that worked for me
i dont really count the notes and how often i have to tap
i actually see a group and can usually read on how much notes are in there
in my head it goes "double right" for 3 notes cause i will tap my right button 2 times
and for a 5 its more "3x right"
its kinda hard to explain, but you just force yourself to stop on a finger, not on a number you counted
Endie-
it could be your keyboard
Topic Starter
SkullFull

Endie- wrote:

it could be your keyboard
I have a mech with Cherry MX Reds, dude.

Rumber wrote:

I can tell you another thing that worked for me
i dont really count the notes and how often i have to tap
i actually see a group and can usually read on how much notes are in there
in my head it goes "double right" for 3 notes cause i will tap my right button 2 times
and for a 5 its more "3x right"
its kinda hard to explain, but you just force yourself to stop on a finger, not on a number you counted
That's actually a good idea :D
Endie-
It could still be your keyboard "dude". Just because you have some fancy mechanical keyboard doesn't mean it registers keypresses correctly.
The chances for that happening is obviously small. Might just be your fingers derping
chainpullz

Endie- wrote:

It could still be your keyboard "dude". Just because you have some fancy mechanical keyboard doesn't mean it registers keypresses correctly.
The chances for that happening is obviously small. Might just be your fingers derping
K70 has issues from what I've heard.
Topic Starter
SkullFull

chainpullz wrote:

Endie- wrote:

K70 has issues from what I've heard.
I have a Logitech G610.

Also, I've bought it around a week ago. Unless I bought a defective keyboard, I don't think there's a problem with registering keypresses.
Endie-

SkullFull wrote:

Also, I've bought it around a week ago. Unless I bought a defective keyboard, I don't think there's a problem with registering keypresses.
Then I would suggest concentrating on those hitcircles and tap accordingly. You could try some of those stream practice maps like this one for example: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/48352.