forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
worst fl player
Endaris
Looks like basically everything is back to old?
Now I have those joke fake-acc-scores on top of my acc-ranking again ;/
worst fl player

ummmm is there some sort of catch? lol
SunglassesEmoji
Nice update, it's cool to see this project progress, but there's something reaaaally wrong with this map:

It's only AR9 HRDT...
Mangozjebka
Still don't work good
mithew

Endaris wrote:

I also think accuracy is a better indicator of consistency for tenacity/stamina but that's not going to happen as long as the devs think that acc needs an own rating.
this exactly. high acc shows that you actually have the stamina to stream it rather than mash your keyboard lol
Yuudachi-kun

mithew wrote:

Endaris wrote:

I also think accuracy is a better indicator of consistency for tenacity/stamina but that's not going to happen as long as the devs think that acc needs an own rating.
this exactly. high acc shows that you actually have the stamina to stream it rather than mash your keyboard lol

If you want to needlessly combine skills into one category instead of ckeanly separating them...

Stamina is what it says - stamina. Accuracy is not a factor in how long or fast you can maintain a stream speed without missing which is what it is measuring. Tenacity is the skill to look at, not stamina. Tenacity is too hughly affected byblow acc high speed so I'd suggest making a huge exponential point falloff at 95% to not nerf speed since higher and longer streams at high acc are harder. Acc still isn't stamina.

If you want to nevessitate accuracy for all the other skills then youre not independantly measuring anyone's skill. Acc would always be in the background and people with less acc are always going to do worse even uf theyre more skilled in that category.

but I dont wanna play std again because of how needlessly grindy it is so im out
abraker

SunglassesEmoji wrote:

Nice update, it's cool to see this project progress, but there's something reaaaally wrong with this map:

It's only AR9 HRDT...
Woah. I think it has to do with how sliders are parsed, which screwed up calculations on maps which are mostly sliders. It should be fixed on the next update.
meatslab
High AR scores with Hidden seem to be giving less Reaction points than the same score but without Hidden. Is this intended? It's understandable because quite a lot of people say HD helps them read high ARs, but it would suck to be "stuck" with an HDDTHR score knowing that if you did it without HD it would've been worth more Reaction points.
Dre-
i literally lost scores my stats completely died and my LEMUR SS IS GONE WTF
snyviper

Khelly wrote:

If you want to needlessly combine skills into one category instead of ckeanly separating them...

Stamina is what it says - stamina. Accuracy is not a factor in how long or fast you can maintain a stream speed without missing which is what it is measuring. Tenacity is the skill to look at, not stamina. Tenacity is too hughly affected byblow acc high speed so I'd suggest making a huge exponential point falloff at 95% to not nerf speed since higher and longer streams at high acc are harder. Acc still isn't stamina.

If you want to nevessitate accuracy for all the other skills then youre not independantly measuring anyone's skill. Acc would always be in the background and people with less acc are always going to do worse even uf theyre more skilled in that category.
I agree with Khelly... Stamina is not accuracy, and accuracy is not stamina, you should ask them to use a bit of accuracy on the stamina measurement though. And if you can mash your keyboard fast enough, yes, it means you have stamina enough to keep playing the beatmap, even if you get full 50. Yes, accuracy measures rhytmic ability, or consistency, even if it's a slow part, which is not influenced that much by stamina, and not influenced at all by tenacity.
Yuudachi-kun
Actually tenacity should have been the skill that measures accurate and faster (better?) streaming in the first place but the speed aspect completely outweighs the accuracy component. That's why I say there should be some dropoff in points for tenacity below a certain acc level.

Sliderbreaks aren't a lapse in stamina. Misses are. I don't think it should be combo based like it has changed to be now. However, for agility, I can see a sliderbreak being a lapse in aim. It could be more combo based there. It's like you can have completely separate systems for separate skills or something...
unko

My thoughts
These are a few examples of ill-played combo influence I just find to be completely crazy (previous score in red)

The Himiko one is kind of understandable, because I did sliderbreak a couple of times there. Even so, it takes a lot of effort not to do so, and that effort isn't necessarily linked to the 278bpm streaming required not to miss on it.Three hundred points?? Is this a joke?

On End Time, I believe I missed once on a random double-- again, around halfway into the map, and then FC'd the rest. So, why don't I just have the same score as before? Why has combo got to play into this map where all the hard streams are in the second half anyway?

The UruboroS-Infinity one is the worst of all. Because I missed once on a random jump halfway through, what should be a ~710 stamina score is turned into that of a 160bpm burst map? It hurts even more knowing that there's probably an 80% FC out there that gets 700, yet my 96% score is sitting at almost half of that.

On CassiopeiA i aced that long 270bpm stream which is probably what gives the map its 731 full combo value. Yet, once again, it's reduced to a pint-sized value just because my combo was quite low? You've got to note that (for me at least) this map is quite hard to aim; yet there's agility for that, no?

It's worth nothing that as a result of this my high-combo end (meaning last 10 notes) choke scores have gone down even more, which is kind of the opposite of what I would've expected from combo influence
What this has inadvertedly done is link stamina with agility, while at the same time introducing all the problems with ppv2+stream maps back to here. It also means that scores with as little as one slidertick missed are worth less now. This is silly and frankly, totally avoidable! After all, the stats are separate to each other and should therefore act this way, right?

My only suggestion is to remove combo weighting from stamina+tenacity totally. After all, this most fair way to measure stamina w/o replay data is to go by number of misses, since that's what shows how well you can stream without losing enough stamina to crack.

Agility should still take combo into account, but maybe start at <95% combo since then you don't just lose points uselessly through sliderticks? Consider looking into positive combo influence rather than simply negative, too. My accuracy scores are all still the same, so I assume it doesn't exist there to begin with. I'm glad it exists on precision, since some of my sliderbreak scores there were unfairly earned.

inb4 nothing happens because going back to old is silly
this only good that came out of this is that i have fearless now
zhuxiaoyan
most of my scores were erased???
wtf
Topic Starter
Kert

Khelly wrote:

Sliderbreaks aren't a lapse in stamina. Misses are
Do you realize they are absolutely the same thing? For all skills? It's just not possible to see if a player made a sliderbreak/miss by choking or not. Even if you parse replays it's up to the viewer to decide did "this" happen because of a choke or was it because a player is not stable enough (whatever skill involved).
So you're of course punished heavily for a combo reset in the middle of the map and in similar situations

Scores that are no longer in your top PP list became lost... But we still know which scores and where they were taken, though that is all the data we have.
They will be processed at some point in future
Xyrus_old_1
ESP has been unlocked! 8-)

unko
I don't want your windfarms anymore.
Yuudachi-kun

Kert wrote:

So you're of course punished heavily for a combo reset in the middle of the map and in similar situations
This isn't the pp system - there is absolutely no good reason to make determining skills needlessly grindy by necessitating having an fc. A combobreak from a random slider in the middle of the map doesn't determine your skill - a miss is a miss. That's why the miss system better represented how well they played the map for that specific category. Even a random miss in the middle of, say, a streamy stamina map doesn't fully disqualify you from having played the map well in regards to stamina. Oh wait, it kind of does now whereas before it gave you only a small penalty as it should have.

Maybe mania has influenced me too much but I damn well like that better than necessitating a perfect combo run in every map to determine skill rather than actually looking at what they've done in regards to missing and accuracy. You're trying to make a system that records players' skills however you decided to make combo really important in doing this.

Unless a map is far below a player's skill level or they've dedicated a lot of time to that specific map, they're not going to have an fc and as a result all of people's recorded skills only shows what they've seriously gone for rather than everything they've done. That strikes me as unrepresentative.
Rlsc

memory algorithm needs to be fixed badly
unko
oop everything does now
Arnold0
idk what I should think about this...

I'm bad anyways :o
Sleepteiner

Frostwich wrote:

most of my scores were erased???
wtf
Same here. I seems only the last 4 months of my scores are counted now. Is it still updating?
Topic Starter
Kert
diereol

thgilretfa

well
:o
silmarilen
I think the points rewarded for reaction should be toned down a bit. Right now it's my highest score when i don't even have 10 ar10 or higher scores.

Also another thing is comparing a DT score with an HR score. An AR6 +DTHR is worth about the same as an AR7 with only HR, but because of the way DT and HR work, the AR7+HR has fewer notes on the screen at one time, so it should be considered quite a bit harder for reaction.
Jukkii
there is definitely something wrong with the memory stat

in my room FL is WAY harder than any of those and took me way more retries than all the others combined
Xyrus_old_1

silmarilen wrote:

Also another thing is comparing a DT score with an HR score. An AR6 +DTHR is worth about the same as an AR7 with only HR, but because of the way DT and HR work, the AR7+HR has fewer notes on the screen at one time, so it should be considered quite a bit harder for reaction.
If there are less notes on the screen, it is easier to react to each individual note.
Yuudachi-kun

Xyrus wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

If there are less notes on the screen, it is easier to react to each individual note.
Not if the map is too fast (DT) or if the bpm is really low and each note appears once at a time. (I've seen some shitty 2 star ar10 map and it's hard to react to)
Yuudachi-kun

Khelly wrote:

Kert wrote:

This isn't the pp system - there is absolutely no good reason to make determining skills needlessly grindy by necessitating having an fc.
Ojamajo de banban is a 270 bpm hard longstream map. I have 0 miss. It used to be 790 and is now 492. Play this map DT for me kert and tell me that it requires the same amount of skill to fc those streams as other 500 stamina maps. I mean, I wouldn't completely disagree with say ~670 points instead of the full 790, but being as low as 492 is absurd if you want to actually measure skill.

In the stamina case, not missing on the longstreams.
unko

Khelly wrote:

This isn't the pp system - there is absolutely no good reason to make determining skills needlessly grindy by necessitating having an fc.

Ojamajo de banban is a 270 bpm hard longstream map. I have 0 miss. It used to be 790 and is now 492. Play this map DT for me kert and tell me that it requires the same amount of skill to fc those streams as other 500 stamina maps. I mean, I wouldn't completely disagree with say ~670 points instead of the full 790, but being as low as 492 is absurd if you want to actually measure skill.

In the stamina case, not missing on the longstreams.
bump
TheLukay
This looks even more f_ed up than before

I want back my berserk qwq
unko
i changed my mind combo influence is a mistake on every stat
Yuudachi-kun
I think it works for Tenacity - OR HOW TENACITY SHOULD WORK.
unko
is just saying that so can get stamina-only badge
Yuudachi-kun
Are you denying tenacity is too closely related to stamina?
unko
probably
snyviper
Alright... Since everyone is posting their thoughts about misses and sliderbreaks, I'll say mine:

Shortcut "A": we should assume the worse happened, because it's not possible to determine where or why it happened, exactly.

Stamina: Stamina is not streaming, but a sliderbreak doesn't mean you lost stamina, it means you missed the beggining of the slider, but you still clicked. Misses should affect stamina, because "A". Accuracy shouldn't affect it, because the number of clicks in the end can be the same for low and high accuracy, if there are no misses.
Tenacity: Since it measures streaming, a sliderbreak shouldn't affect it at all, but misses should, because "A". I also think low accuracy should matter as much as misses here, because "A".
Agility: Both Sliderbreaks and Misses should affect agility, because any miss or sliderbreak is a lapse on aim. Accuracy shouldn't affect it.
Accuracy: uhhh accuracy should affect it, obviously. Sliderbreaks shouldn't affect it, since timing on sliders isn't calculated currently, but misses should, because "A".
Precision: Both sliderbreaks and misses should affect it, same reason of agility. Not sure if accuracy should affect it or not, so no opinions on it.
XII
who gives a SH1T

hey im a psychic now
Raixor
is there a picture for what all the titles mean? including the new ones?
show more