forum

Stopped-clock Illusion and osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sayorie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronostasis

How do you think would this apparent illusion affect the way we play osu!?

Does this make reading higher AR easier?

Discuss.
Endaris
Looking at each circle individually is a known technic to boost your aimconsistency.
And imo not for high AR as you basically lose too much time there. I'm having a lot easier time on AR10 using the blank stare technic.
Topic Starter
Sayorie
I guess people in G&R don't like to discuss nerdy kinds of stuff

I guess I'll just shitpost more
Lagel

Arthraxium wrote:

I guess people in G&R don't like to discuss nerdy kinds of stuff

I guess I'll just shitpost more
what is this, a sensible mature community? pfft
winber1
damn michael losing that weight
StephOsu
I don't think it has any effect on ability to play osu, let along playing higher AR
unless you can narrow down your field of vision to only a circle big then maybe it will help
but then, if you do so then you are in a really big handicap.
IMO, that handicap is not worth the effort to be able to utilize this illusion technique on osu
Fxjlk
Very interesting post, I tend to aim using peripheral vision most of the time and I've noticed myself doing this for other games as well. The times I don't use peripheral vision is when I know certain parts are not a part of my muscle memory and I deliberately look at each circle like for sight reading new maps or parts of a song I know I'm bad at.
Fxjlk
And to answer OPs questions,

Arthraxium wrote:

How do you think would this apparent illusion affect the way we play osu!?
It effects (at least for me) how often I deliberately change my gaze as you cannot aim at all while your eyes are moving. However looking directly at an object increases your aim after your eyes finish moving so you have to decide for yourself in the situation whether the trade off is worth it. TLDR yes

Arthraxium wrote:

Does this make reading higher AR easier?
The illusion replaces memory of your blurry eye movement with the image of the final destination. The illusion itself doesn't make reading any easier at all as it only changes memory. TLDR no
LoliPantsu
play more
FrzR
SeemsGood
I Give Up
Every minute I play osu 59.9 seconds of my life is a meaningless blur.
Topic Starter
Sayorie

KukiMonster wrote:

What's the 0.1?
StephOsu

Arthraxium wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

What's the 0.1?
the only thing i can think of is shitmiss
The Gambler
use smaller screen?
Deva

Arthraxium wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

What's the 0.1?
The actual blur that OP video explained.
vinnicci
E m i
that is a malformed question, how does something that happens during every saccade affect your gameplay.
i'm not sure, it lets you not get motion sickness or something. I think I'm able to negate saccadic masking by vibrating my eyes/moving them back and forth but I'm not sure.