Cremson

JesusYamato wrote:

Cremson wrote:

my friend is the same as you
he is left handed and used mouse in his right hand all his life
and now when he changed to a tablet he dunno how to hold the pen
only on the left one and he's Fu**** on the right using 12 on the num pad
and thats most of the proplem :P
Tell him to keep trying, i'm slowly being able to do DTs again. I still can't fc most insane songs on first try but hey i'm getting there.
He might want to try O/P instead of numpad

good thing am right handed and yeah he tries sometimes then he quit all of the sudden i dunno he have mood swings lol
Akani
Just practice on stream beatmaps there no other way to get better
im left handed and i can do 200bpm streams just because of practice
TakuMii
^nice 2year bump >.>

Anyways, I'll just post something on topic:

Waryas wrote:

A lot of left handed players use mouse with their right hand, no idea why. But i know at least 5 people on osu who are left handed and yet use their mouse with their right hand..
The main reason for this is because most peoples' first experiences using a keyboard+mouse has been with the mouse on the right, and usually don't give it a second thought until they're already used to having it on their right.

I'm left-handed and use my mouse in my right, and I've had my tablet since March. I use the Num4/Num5 keys (mainly because I use S/D when playing using mouse), and although I'm still unable to stream as fast and as consistent as I could when playing right-handed, my left-handed streaming has been improving tremendously since I've switched, and I think I'd be able to surpass my right-handed streaming speed by the end of the summer.
Nicholas131
I worked on a bamboo tablet and to be honest, its not really worth to switch. I'm still getting better w/ the mouse all the time(i am also left handed but the use the mouse w/ my right) until you get under 20,000 i wouldn't worry about using a mouse instead of a tablet

that's my take on it :)
xasuma

Nicholas131 wrote:

I worked on a bamboo tablet and to be honest, its not really worth to switch. I'm still getting better w/ the mouse all the time(i am also left handed but the use the mouse w/ my right) until you get under 20,000 i wouldn't worry about using a mouse instead of a tablet

that's my take on it :)
11 month old answer,lol
Oberyn_old

1az2sx wrote:

hard at first, then you get used to tapping with your right hand
my left hand is still like as twice faster, but well aim matters more!
good luck
tldr: practice
emrea
I had the exact same problem Waryas

sadly there isn't really a solution for this and I just stuck with it until my right could stream like my left, by now the problem is reversed, I can't go back to mouse because my left can't steam anymore. (not that that's a problem)

If you really want to play with tablet your just gonna have to get used to clicking with your right, and you would be surprised by how easy it is to switch because it only took me 10 days :D

it really is worth the effort, I love playing with my tablet and it is so much easier.
B1rd
I am left handed, but I used mouse only (right hand) so I'm lucky~
Holo The Wolf
Back when I played baseball I was faced with a similar situation, I was using a left glove but was curious to see if a right handed one was better, it was and here is why. I did some research for people performing tasks on their off hand, you can get to within 10% of your dominant hands performance with practice. Now assuming the same applies for osu! your performance will be close to same, with practice. Because your dominant hand is decided by biological factors though you will NEVER be bale to surpass your dominant hand's potential skill(you also naturally have better muscle memory your dominant hand than your off). That being said it will require practice. Another thing to note is the fact you'll be switching from a mouse to tablet, I don't know if a tablet performs better than a mouse but we'll assume so for this. In conclusion if you switch from right handed mouse to a left handed tablet and put in some practice expect at least a 15% performance increase.

P.S. I'm not the best at osu!(and I do plan to switch to a tablet when I manage to throw the $ together and remember to buy one) but I'm taking experience when I played competitive baseball and assuming it will be a similar outcome. hope this helps anyone reading
Sources: Past experience and school research paper which I'm not citing on a forum post
aizhid
I'm also left handed and have hard problem improving eventhough I play 4 hours+ a day for 3 month actively...
Yuuribo
Thank goodness I'm not the only one experiencing the problem.
I don't use my tablet that much,but whenever I do,I have to change my key bindings from Z/X to 1/2(NumPad).
Attempting to hit notes using the right hand's a really bad idea for me,I can't even get both of my hands to sync properly when I do that.
tokaku
The only thing here I see to solve this is to practice. I mean really, all us right handers had to practice doing triples and all those things with our left hand.

Edit: Wow I should have checked how old this thread was before bumping.
ayumilovexd
hovering might solve the problem as well as getting used to moving your pen with your right hand. PRACTICE SLOWLY and eventually you will be used to it. how do you spin? easy, you but how is it suppose to feel like? position your thumb and pointer as if your pinching something -pointer finger just alittle above the thumb so that you have a point then put your pointer finger on a surface then in try to make small fast circles. that's the idea but just with your pinkie because your hovering and with your right hand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEuiXYtF2O4
at 0:14 pay attention to what he does with his pinkie
[k9]
Put the auto mod and just press the buttons with you right till you can stream and you will be good to go thats what i would do and that i will because i am getting a ctl490
Ashton

Waryas wrote:

I've been playing for almost 5 months now with mouse in right hand and my left hand keyboard C/V'ing
I recently got a tablet from my friend (today) and I noticed i'm totally fucked because I'm left handed for writing/holding a pen and I can't even do triplets with my right hand (let alone stream anything faster than 140 1/4).
Anyone experienced this ? What did you do? Practice keyboard with your other hand, become ambidextrous, ... ?
This was five years ago but i just wanted to say i have the same problem :P
STRANGE_MAN_old

CanadianBaka wrote:

Waryas wrote:

I've been playing for almost 5 months now with mouse in right hand and my left hand keyboard C/V'ing
I recently got a tablet from my friend (today) and I noticed i'm totally fucked because I'm left handed for writing/holding a pen and I can't even do triplets with my right hand (let alone stream anything faster than 140 1/4).
Anyone experienced this ? What did you do? Practice keyboard with your other hand, become ambidextrous, ... ?
This was five years ago but i just wanted to say i have the same problem :P

Even though this is old, but I made the switch and thought the same, but now after a few months I go used to it :)
B1rd
Why do I have a squiggly line after my text
trebby

B1rd wrote:

Why do I have a squiggly line after my text~
ftfy
Karthy
I had this problem, used to use mouse in right hand. When I switched to tablet I really struggled adjusting to tapping with right. It's just one of those things you get used to eventually.
Milk Tee
Well i got a tablet last december and like you, i also used right hand for mouse and left hand for keyboard. It took me awhile to get used to having my right hand hitting the keyboard but after practicing I've gotten really good! Like you, streaming is also a problem as my right hand is bad at tapping quickly, kinda relatable XD
winber1
good job

now go away
In Sane
I had to do the same switch back when I bought my tablet. Started having problems tapping with my right hand, I was extremely slow and I was always having bad acc and I started switching tablet area and switching the pen from one hand to the other. It's no use you'll eventually get used to tapping with your right hand, It didn't take too long for me to get used to so just practice more.
scottyboy

Waryas wrote:

i used to play with my right hand mouse because i had no choice i was about rand 1million to 400k untill i got a tablet and i played with my left hand because im not ambidextrous it took a week or 2 to get really used to it
dont worry if your not played great with a tablet you will get the hang of it after a few days of playing (you will see improvment)
Hyyy6
My tablet would arrive in like a month, and few weeks before I already knew I would be having these problems, so not I'm trying to practice with tapping with my right hand.
Just wondering if someone had ever tried using tablet with their off-hand.
bejewelled
I naturally was good at right-hand triples; I can't really stream more than 16-20 at a time but I'm working on it and I used to barely be able to do quintuplets.
So keep practicing.
Also binding keys to the lower half of the keyboard somehow makes your streaming faster. I don't know why but it does. Maybe because your hand is arched.
Sayira

Hyyy6 wrote:

My tablet would arrive in like a month, and few weeks before I already knew I would be having these problems, so not I'm trying to practice with tapping with my right hand.
Just wondering if someone had ever tried using tablet with their off-hand.
I tried using my tablet with my off-hand. It really does feel better at first and streaming is a lot of easier because you're doing it with your left hand. Aiming with your left hand and streaming with your right does feel like you're learning the game from the start.. I didn't make any progress and I was better at anything with my right hand aiming. However, spinners are almost impossible with your off-hand. (~400 with left hand,~200-250 with right hand)
Also you need to consider that your dominand hand is more precise when it comes to aiming. So overall I would recommend to learn how to play with your left hand aiming and your right hand tapping.
Stale_Wafflz
>tfw you're ambidextrous
>feelsgoodman
Sandy Hoey
>tfw this thread is 2 months old
>feelsbadman
WavePoint
Why is this necroposted 6-8 times?
Incomp
Necros. I know OP doesn't need answers anymore, but some lurker who just bought a tablet (like me) might.

I was in your boat not even a month ago.

I'm right-handed when it comes to using the mouse, and a lefty when eating, writing, and most other things. Luckily for me, though, I was a mouse-only player, so I was already proficient at tapping with my right hand.

For a good 2 weeks after getting my tablet, I was getting my ass handed to me by 2-3* songs. The hardest part is probably learning to aim. I haven't done enough research into grips to tell you what's good or what's bad, but I hold the pen like I'm writing. When I first started out, I was trying to hold the pen vertically -- this caused me to go crazy from lifting the pen too high.

TL;DR: Play more.
Yukinagato
Well, i persobally also was a right hande mice player, then i got the tablet and had the same problem as you, so i just changed my playstyle and began playing left hand pen and right hand keyboard :P (I use 8 and 9 on numpad if you would ask)
KupcaH

WavePoint wrote:

MagicalNeko

Waryas wrote:

I have the same problem,I'm left handed,and i Start osu with my mouse with right hand,i was good but i was awlays felt a pain in my hands ,like..i didnt feel the right hand so much cause i'm left handed, Now i start with the pen tablet and i start play with my left hand to learn,I guess it will take some time but i will used to it,i hope at least ;_; We need hours of practice i guess ;_;
pandaBee

KupcaH wrote:

WavePoint wrote:

anastasiskissas

Lybydose wrote:

If you're capable in using a mouse in your off-hand, why aren't you able to use that hand for other purposes? I imagine if I used a mouse in my left hand for long enough I'd eventually be able to write with it too.

wrong
i cant even grip a pen with my right hand i can draw stuff with my mouse but not with a pen
HeyImNik
For the love of god stop bumping old threads.
Berry Red

Lybydose wrote:

Wait, huh? You used a mouse in your right hand, but are left handed?

Most right-handed people who use a mouse or tablet hold it in their right hand, and hit Z/X or whatever with their left. You aren't really at a disadvantage as a left-handed person, because EVERYONE uses their off-hand for keyboard buttons.

Also, 3 rapid notes is not a triplet. Triplets refer to note divisions of 3 (1/3 snap in the editor), and I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant.

No need to get smart about things. I use keyboard and mouse as most do, but that's because A: I always thought that was the only way you could use a mouse, I grew up never knowing you could swap the buttons. - And B: I do a lot of gaming, and a lot of games don't support arrow keys, only WASD.

As for the issue of being a lefty, yes. I do get mixed up on certain parts of songs, and I honestly feel like there should be an option to simply flip the map in settings. The lack of support for leftys in games like this makes the entire experience more challenging, and sometimes unenjoyable. One cannot assume when a track is made, that EVERYONE that ever plays it will be a Righty. Hence, the need for a "lefty mode" setting.
KupcaH

pandaBee wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

WavePoint wrote:

Flamu
Well,Use your left hand for the tablet and right hand for the clicks,Done..
xenal

KupcaH wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

WavePoint wrote:

I don't think they will learn
show more