forum

How much does osu support touchscreens?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aqo
I've been considering to get a touchscreen and play around with it, was wondering if it's be worth trying to make&play 2B-style maps with it or whether they are they not supported.

For example if there are two sliders in opposite corners of the map that happen at the same time, would that be FCable with multitouch, or does the game only read one input at a time? anybody knows?
trebby
No, the game only reads one input at a time, which isn't a problem, because you won't find a (ranked) map with more than one slider occurring at a time.
Rosten
Touchscreen is pretty much just playing tablet except without all that pesky hand-eye co-ordination needed

Also your hand blocks the screen. :?
winber1
i remember being able to use dual mouse before, tho when it comes to to clicking there is still only z and x, so it's not like you can 4key or anything as you probably know.

if you can somehow register a different finger as another key then i guess you can probably press two places at the same time, but other than that not really sure what else there is.
Topic Starter
Aqo
alright thanks for the feedback, guess osu is useless for touch then
E m i
the 2B style maps can still have touchscreen-related potential. In the double slider situation that you described, it is possible to aim both at once and you only have to time the sliderticks. seems like a fun element to me
Topic Starter
Aqo
well, I was thinking more in the direction of making jubeat-like maps, but chords would be unplayable on high ODs.