Actually, every metalslugs after the third one
But they were fine...
Bestelle

adam2046 wrote:

bmin11 wrote:

Metalslug 5
Actually, every metalslugs after the third one
But they were fine...
They were only fine if it let me use Fio. That said, I didn't like 4(Kekekekeke).
Zeugziumy
Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing.. Much people says it's a bad game...
IT'S FRICKIN AWESOME!!@!@!@!@!
Thanks for remaking my thread, another version!

Well, Big Rigs is the worst game evar
Leon Magnus
Cheetah Men 2

But fans material is cool and the game's tune.
Zatoichi
My own beatmaps. :( M&M Racing for the Wii, since I enjoy racing games to an extent. That one was pathetically bad.
KRZY
OMG PEOPLE THIS IS NOT EVEN A TOPIC WORTHY OF DISCUSSION

Silver Surfer

beat this.
Zeugziumy

Leon Magnus wrote:

Cheetah Men 2

But fans material is cool and the game's tune.
But best music of NES
James2250
I look and I see metroid, touhou, zelda, and final fantasy mentioned here? Even if they had their bad moments they can't be called the worst games unless you have only played like 3 games in your life D:

I don't know I have played some pretty bad games but they weren't so bad back when I played them 10 years ago, superman 64 was terrible for its time, one of the few games I put down and didn't ever try again.
Zeugziumy

James2250 wrote:

I look and I see metroid, touhou, zelda, and final fantasy mentioned here? Even if they had their bad moments they can't be called the worst games unless you have only played like 3 games in your life D:

I don't know I have played some pretty bad games but they weren't so bad back when I played them 10 years ago, superman 64 was terrible for its time, one of the few games I put down and didn't ever try again.
And MORE RINGS!
goodguy211
White Knight Chronicles International.
Rukario
Sonic 06
'nuff said.
Bestelle

James2250 wrote:

I look and I see touhou. Even if they had their bad moments they can't be called the worst games unless you have only played like 3 games in your life D:
Played them all. Realized all of them are the exact same shit. Does that help?
Admirale_X
Worst commercial game ever?
Colour A Dinosour.

2nd worst:
ET-The freakin' Alien
awp

James2250 wrote:

I look and I see metroid
It's either troll or anti-hype troll. While "Metriod" was a somewhat mediocre game, "Super Metriod" (as specified) is in the top 10 best games of all time (for several reasons) so don't get too crestfallen bro

Can't say for sure what the worst game I've played is. Maybe Tokyo Bus Guide. My brother seems to enjoy it but I did not like it at all.

I can't say Big Rigs is the worst game I've ever played because I laughed like an idiot for the entire 45 minutes I played it.
Zekira

RL Link wrote:

James2250 wrote:

I look and I see touhou. Even if they had their bad moments they can't be called the worst games unless you have only played like 3 games in your life D:
Played them all. Realized all of them are the exact same shit. Does that help?
Many other games also have the exact same shit on their sequels too, and if we'll follow your logic then a lot of other games are candidates for 'worst game' then.

I personally don't find Touhou as being a game that I would contribute myself fully in (to be fair it's actually kind of hard to add more elements to basic vertical bullet hell shooter games, and ZUN successfully did actually add something new in TH12.8), but I can't even imagine myself making it a candidate for 'worst game ever'. (I am truthfully speaking from a video game player's point of view)

But that said, I have played a lot of bad games, but since they were bad I don't even remember which ones they were. Go figure. The fact that I can remember a game pretty much means that it's not a bad one.

And on a bit of an unrelated note...

EFF YEAR
Arusha Shuna
what's a metriod?
Bestelle

Zekira wrote:

Many other games also have the exact same shit on their sequels too, and if we'll follow your logic then a lot of other games are candidates for 'worst game' then.
It's also due to the fact there are much much better alternatives if I want to play a shoot 'em up. Horizontal is superior, so if I want to play a shoot 'em up I'll play Gradius, Life Force, etc.
Why so defensive?

Edit: Oh right, the reason why I mentioned all of them were the same is because he mentioned that I probably only played 3 of the games(At least, I assumed it was partly directed at me). So I backed it up by mentioning I did, in fact, play all of them.

Arusha Shuna wrote:

what's a metriod?
SKREEEEE
Neo@lex
adam2046

Zekira wrote:

to be fair it's actually kind of hard to add more elements to basic vertical bullet hell shooter games
That is a horrible statement. It isn't really that hard at all, it's just that the bullet hell market is niche piece of shit that makes the same sorts of (sometimes incredibly good) games over and over again.
awp

Neo@lex wrote:

R-Type rotated 90 degrees CCW
I see what you did there

@RL Link I don't think it's fair to compare shmups to bullet hell games. In my experience they're different enough to be classified separately, and even though I enjoy shmups (I am bad at them) I could not enjoy a bullet-hell game. Bullet-hell games are just too...scripted. It's not reactive, it's memorization. You memorize hitboxes and "safe zones" within bullet patterns.

I prefer my careless fumbling around and real-time reaction in shmups to a scripted path.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
I'm having trouble deciding which would be the absolutely worst game I've ever played. I could shoot off a list, but that would defeat the point of a worst game.

For those of you putting hard games in there. Looking at you KRZY. Grow a pair of strong plentiful balls.
Bestelle

awp wrote:

Neo@lex wrote:

R-Type rotated 90 degrees CCW
I see what you did there

@RL Link I don't think it's fair to compare shmups to bullet hell games. In my experience they're different enough to be classified separately, and even though I enjoy shmups (I am bad at them) I could not enjoy a bullet-hell game. Bullet-hell games are just too...scripted. It's not reactive, it's memorization. You memorize hitboxes and "safe zones" within bullet patterns.

I prefer my careless fumbling around and real-time reaction in shmups to a scripted path.
I'll be honest, that caught me off guard because I immediately thought of the vertical stages in Gradius II.

Also, you do have a point awp.
Two_old
Maplestory
bmin11

Two wrote:

Maplestory
You haven't seen any other online games that tried to be alike Maplestory.
Good for you that you didn't tried them.
Zekira
You memorize "safe zones" within bullet patterns.
Actually that mentality has been destroyed ever since TH11 came out, which was around 4 years ago or something, IDK. TH02-10, I agree with that statement though. All you can really memorize about patterns now in the newer games is how they look.

Actually right now I'm playing the most recent games of the Strikers series and...

...the techniques I'm using there don't really differ much to the ones I'm using in Touhou :< Less bullets but more fast-paced? There's still no denying the fact that a bullet can only have two directions: towards you and not towards you. Knowing that basic rule, the overused technique of streaming pretty much works with both bullet hell and shmups alike. The main difference though is the random factor, which contributes to the monotonous play of bullet hell, and is probably what sets it apart from shmups too.

To be fair, Touhou (since I really haven't played other bullet hells yet, I'm going to go safe here and only mention this one) already has its fair share of unscripted bullet patterns already, and that safespots don't really exist that prominent anymore. My friend who normally plays Lunatic couldn't even finish the newest Touhou's (TH12.8) Easy in the first 3 tries. And I can't even contemplate how fast the reflexes have to be in order to clear Lunatic (the average speed of bullets there is that it can cross the entire vertical screen within 1.5 seconds), and this time it actually feels like you need more reflexes than memorization now. ZUN's probably trying to remedy the inevitable fact that Touhou, is indeed, getting more monotonous every time, and that there are other bullet hells now that are rivaling the difficulty of Touhou, which is one of Touhou's biggest selling points as a video game.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
So faggots defending touhou in less than three pages.

Good job.
Rena-chan
I think it has to be that one game with the little girls shooting lasers at each other...
I can't remember the name, I think it started with T or something.
alvhin1903
Wipeout the Game. Althoughgameplay is good and graphics are, too. But the problem is the Sweeper. EVIL LAGS!!! >:
adam2046

Zekira wrote:

and that there are other bullet hells now that are rivaling the difficulty of Touhou
News flash, there are bullet hell games as hard as Touhou and they've been around for years.
Zekira
lol by 'now' I'm pertaining to 10 years ago.

Oh whatever lol, it's not like I play much nowadays
Bestelle

The_Priest_In_Yellow wrote:

Good job.
I didn't know they would be that faggy. I expected them just to talk about the worst games they played. Ah well.
The_Priest_In_Yellow

RL Link wrote:

The_Priest_In_Yellow wrote:

Good job.
I didn't know they would be that faggy. I expected them just to talk about the worst games they played. Ah well.
Don't blame yourself, I was expecting more as well.
Rena-chan

Zekira wrote:

lol by 'now' I'm pertaining to 10 years ago.

Oh whatever lol, it's not like I play much nowadays
They were also around 10 years ago, though...
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Talk shit about Touhou, people get butthurt. Christ, take it like an adult, peeps (especially the people defending Touhou; some people have opinions, guys).

Anyway, back on topic. While I already mentioned the worst game I ever played, another contender is Shaq Fu (another obvious casualfag choice I know but still).
mm201
This is awesome
adam2046
I played Shaq Fu for about 5-10 minutes.
...I somewhat enjoyed myself.

Edit: So, I've had a good think about it and I either can't remember the horrible games I've played or I haven't played them because I don't like playing shit games.

So here's the two that stick out in my mind.

1942 for the NES
This would just be a mediocre game if the music weren't so fucking horrible. I mean, seriously, who the hell thought anyone would enjoy that? A series of seemingly randomly placed bleeps and bloops until it gets to a point where it plays something that's actually decent just to mess with you, and then we're back to the fucking bloops.

NSFW (Who am I kidding, your work mates probably won't even be able to recognize what any of this shit is supposed to represent...)

/NSFW

Custer's Revenge for the Atari 2600
Putting aside the subject matter of you walking across the screen to rape a native American woman who is...tied to cactus, this game is just piss poor.
Still, at least it has slightly better music than 1942.
awp

Mogsworth wrote:

While I already mentioned the worst game I ever played, another contender is Shaq Fu (another obvious casualfag choice I know but still).
I thought Shaq Fu was okay. I mean yeah, it was pretty bad, but it wasn't horrid. I have two fighting games for the Genesis: Shaq Fu, and Weaponlord. Weaponlord has some neat mechanics, but the difficulty is so grueling that I just can not enjoy it in the least.
James2250
looking at some of the games listed in this thread makes me want to go watch the videos the angry video game nerd did on youtube about them
(yes I have too much time on my hands sometimes) :P
Esupanitix
Glover for the N64. Made absolutely no sense and who would want to play as a discarded living hand throwing balls.
adam2046

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

Glover for the N64. Made absolutely no sense and who would want to play as a discarded living hand throwing balls.
Glover was charming...
show more