forum

Osu!Mania 4k and 7k Rank system

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
leaver1
Hello,
I think Osu!Mania need a 4k and 7k ranking system. I mean that would be great for me and other mania player's
i want to rank 7k only not in 4k-7k because it sucks to play and loose your rank cause 4k players are higher than you as a 7k player
i know we can also play in 5k, 6k, 8k, and 9k but we can put 5k and 6k in the 4k rank and 8k, 9k in the 7k ranking.

What are you think about it ?
Ars Magna
While I too feel like it's weird that playing 7k only will take a lot longer to climb to a higher rank than it would be on 4k. it seems kind of redundant to have multiple mania modes. If anything, maybe 7k's ranking system could be smoothed a little bit? Though, honestly, I figure the point is to learn it well enough to eventually FC the songs, and then gain rankings. It's just a lot easier to FC 4k songs than 7k songs, so it's harder to climb in 7k than in 4k mode. It's logical enough, though feels stressful for the effort to rewards.
IamBaum
Well this has been requested dozens of times already, i kinda lost hope that it will happen one day :D
And there is also another problem with this current Ranking system, while it's easier to climb the ladder as a 4K player, you will never have the chance to stand at the top. Top 500 are reserved for 7K Players (with very few exceptions), and even top 500-1000 don't have many (4k only) players Even though this might change if we get more maps like Blastix :D
Halogen-
The inherent problem is that performance points are driven by star rating, and star rating is driven quite heavily by density of maps. Because of this, 7K maps are going to inherently have higher star ratings, despite being objectively easier for players that are proficient in both games. Because there's three extra lanes, there's much more room to evenly distribute notes in a way that is not quite as straining. For a player who can presumably play 4K as well as 7K, a 7K map will be the easier one to full combo than a 4K one at the same star rating.

I've been personally working on the schematic for a project using the osu! API to develop a site that would basically filter out performance points based on key-mode to give players their "true performance points" in a given key-mode, as there are certain instances where weighting would cause all sorts of discrepancies. I basically looked at jakads' scores and used it as the basis for why this needed to happen, taking note that his AiAe/Speedcore 300 (best 4k scores, at the time) were weighted substantially lower than they should have been (Speedcore was <35%, whereas in a 4K filter it'd have been 95%).

It's actually getting a little worrisome seeing all of these 7k players coming in because there are a lot of 4k only players whose ranks are suffering a bit, and I'd feel inclined to not care so much, but... when you have a rank requirement to get into the 4K MWC, it's a little rougher on those who are basically just fighting to get above that 5k rank cutoff. I know that I'm not affected, but my ranks have been slowly falling further and further down. In the last MWC, I entered with a rank that was in the upper 500s, and this time, I'll be doing it in the 800s or so (though I've yet to play Blastix Riotz, so that'll help a bit).
IamBaum
Oh nice i hope you will be able to accomplish your Project, that would be really awesome. :D
Yuudachi-kun
Acknowledge the superiority of 4k over all other keys
Halogen-

Khelly wrote:

Acknowledge the superiority of 4k over all other keys
no
Yuudachi-kun
I tried
abraker

Halogen- wrote:

It's actually getting a little worrisome seeing all of these 7k players coming in because there are a lot of 4k only players whose ranks are suffering a bit, and I'd feel inclined to not care so much, but... when you have a rank requirement to get into the 4K MWC, it's a little rougher on those who are basically just fighting to get above that 5k rank cutoff.
Oh wow that didnt even cross my mind.
LastExceed

Halogen- wrote:

I've been personally working on the schematic for a project using the osu! API to develop a site that would basically filter out performance points based on key-mode to give players their "true performance points" in a given key-mode
Omg finally someone does it! Any way I can support you? (I have no idea of coding though)