Edit: waiting for cap reset
:o
Topic Starter
Aruel
Thanks Kuo for qualify! :>
Kyousuke-
regrats
Sies
finally. let's get more rain pp here xD also re-congratulations.
-SoraGami-
Re:Grats Chicken~ xD
pb1497
Before you check my profile and think this is a troll post: I am currently in restricted mode. When I first heard of this map I wanted to wait with this post until i get unrestricted so I can post it with my account, but I figured that by the time I get unrestricted it would be too late so I asked my brother if he can post this for me, and aycs he did.

Since you want constructive feedback I'm going to refrain from straight insulting FC and try to explain why I seriously don't want to see this map ranked:

I know I shouldn't judge the beatmap by the music since music is always a matter of taste, but at a certain point it gets ridiculous. I can't even tell a difference between a high-quality surround system and crappy 5$ headphones anymore when listening to this (apart from the middle part, I actually did the comparison).

But now to the beatmap: BNs often complain about the lack of quality mapping nowadays, and then support >THIS<? (and thats only the first half of the map) A song that is 70-80% jump trills? You can't tell me that this map has more quality than a non-stop jumpstream SM convert.

The hitsounding is even better: since when is >placing one hitsound every 50ish notes< enough to get ranked?

hikikuman wrote:

let's get more rain pp here xD
This is what annoys me the most: The mapping is 100% focused on PP. As many notes as dense as possible just to get the star rating up to 7* (which is absolutely ridiculous for a 4k map).

I am dead serious about this. I asked my brother (who is a drummer and thus has alot of 12 34 trilling speed&stamina, as well as somewhat good rythmic precision but barely passes 3* o!m 4k) to try this map with EZ by simply non-stop-spamming 12 34, and he actually managed to survive until the middle part! And no, this does not work on every map, I told him to try the same on >Tidek's retina< (which I consider a difficult map with quality), and he didn't even survive 10 seconds.

I am a tryhard pp farmer myself but even I don't want my top 2 scores to be a map that was made solely for that purpose, so if everyone desperately wants this map ranked, then please with disabled PP because otherwise PP can no longer be used as reference for skill comparison (at least among 4k only players).

Before you check my profile and think this is a troll post: I am currently in restricted mode. When I first heard of this map I wanted to wait with this post until i get unrestricted so I can post it with my account, but I figured that by the time I get unrestricted it would be too late so I asked my brother if he can post this for me, and aycs he did.
Arzenvald

pb1497 wrote:

Since you want constructive feedback I'm going to refrain from straight insulting FC and try to explain why I seriously don't want to see this map ranked:

I know I shouldn't judge the beatmap by the music since music is always a matter of taste, but at a certain point it gets ridiculous. I can't even tell a difference between a high-quality surround system and crappy 5$ headphones anymore when listening to this (apart from the middle part, I actually did the comparison).

But now to the beatmap: BNs often complain about the lack of quality mapping nowadays, and then support >THIS<? (and thats only the first half of the map) A song that is 70-80% jump trills? You can't tell me that this map has more quality than a non-stop jumpstream SM convert.

The hitsounding is even better: since when is >placing one hitsound every 50ish notes< enough to get ranked?

hikikuman wrote:

let's get more rain pp here xD
This is what annoys me the most: The mapping is 100% focused on PP. As many notes as dense as possible just to get the star rating up to 7* (which is absolutely ridiculous for a 4k map).

I am dead serious about this. I asked my brother (who is a drummer and thus has alot of 12 34 trilling speed&stamina, as well as somewhat good rythmic precision but barely passes 3* o!m 4k) to try this map with EZ by simply non-stop-spamming 12 34, and he actually managed to survive until the middle part! And no, this does not work on every map, I told him to try the same on >Tidek's retina< (which I consider a difficult map with quality), and he didn't even survive 10 seconds.

I am a tryhard pp farmer myself but even I don't want my top 2 scores to be a map that was made solely for that purpose, so if everyone desperately wants this map ranked, then please with disabled PP because otherwise PP can no longer be used as reference for skill comparison (at least among 4k only players).

[ -Ryuki- ] wrote:

If you don't like the map at all, you can just take the liberty of not playing it

best quote 2016

tl;dr tbh, also just 1 cent from the ex-bn who qualify this, the pattern is justified by the nature of the song, also considering the HP & OD wasn't that easy as it was before (the 1st dq), its completely hard to get pp on this one.. C:

GRATS BB <3
pb1497

ajeemaniz wrote:

[ -Ryuki- ] wrote:

If you don't like the map at all, you can just take the liberty of not playing it

best quote 2016

tl;dr tbh, also just 1 cent from the ex-bn who qualify this, the pattern is justified by the nature of the song, also considering the HP & OD wasn't that easy as it was before (the 1st dq), its completely hard to get pp on this one.. C:

GRATS BB <3
Unfortunately "not playing it" doesn't work because as soon as you skip one ranked high-star map you can no longer compare my PP to other players. Also, getting PP on this one will be as easy as on aiae (even B ranks give alot already, HT still hasn't been fixed yet) since it's ridiculously overrated, so that statement is invalid too.
stryver12

pb1497 wrote:

PP is never intended to be a reference, considering how the difficulty system in this particular mode works. So all you need to do is just stop using PP as skill reference.
MadBricktree

stryver12 wrote:

pb1497 wrote:

PP is never intended to be a reference, considering how the difficulty system in this particular mode works. So all you need to do is just stop using PP as skill reference.
^Precisely. PP is an awful way to measure skills. It's almost never accurate.

Also, shouldn't you be blaming the broken PP system instead of the mapper? It's not like it's FC's fault that jumptrills are rated highly by the SR system (which results in more PP.)
Rachel

stryver12 wrote:

pb1497 wrote:

PP is broken as it is. It doesn't measure skill, it measures achievements. I can go play all the Fullerene and Shoegazer maps in the world and I can be a 5 digit, where my skill is of a 3 digit
It's a very bad benchmark for comparisons and it should never be a gauge of how good you are in this game. You can't really blame FC since jumptrills are overrated as it is
Takane6
00:12:537 (12537|0,12566|1,12595|2,12625|0,12654|1,12683|2,12712|1,12712|0) - while trilling and then 1/8 bursting with 1/4 jack note with 256 bpm... interesting...

nature of the song... okay...

guess we can do map all non-stop spamming 12-34 trill now... and a lot more things actually...

btw grats FC... !
Takane6
double post damn
mijkolsmith
Please don't see this as an insult ^_^
OzzyOzrock
LMAO
Surono
your dad give good advice ♂
Akasha-

Surono wrote:

your dad give good advice ♂
Mmmmmmmmmmh
Surono
you son of de beach, come on up here♂

stryver12 wrote:

ngghhhhhh
stryver12

Surono wrote:

you son of de beach, come on up here♂

stryver12 wrote:

ngghhhhhh
Wot
Halogen-
This is just purely comical here - but it's going to be funny seeing a lot of high level players who want the PP just to say that they have it (I'm going to, because why not) have THREE difficulties of this as their five best scores. I've got AiAe and Speedcore 300 as my top two plays at the moment, but the [Extra] difficulty of that gets overshadowed by both Jinjin and Shirou's difficulties, and the Gravity difficulty is worth more PP than my best AiAe by getting ~96%.

Essentially, my top ranks are going to be Blastix / AiAe / Blastix / Blastix / Speedcore 300, hahaha.
stryver12

Halogen- wrote:

This is just purely comical here - but it's going to be funny seeing a lot of high level players who want the PP just to say that they have it (I'm going to, because why not) have THREE difficulties of this as their five best scores. I've got AiAe and Speedcore 300 as my top two plays at the moment, but the [Extra] difficulty of that gets overshadowed by both Jinjin and Shirou's difficulties, and the Gravity difficulty is worth more PP than my best AiAe by getting ~96%.

Essentially, my top ranks are going to be Blastix / AiAe / Blastix / Blastix / Speedcore 300, hahaha.
As well as a honeypot.
marcuddles
Gratz fresh chicken! RIP PP SYSTEM :^)
[Crz]Player
congratulations
by-ad
congratulations fresh chicken :D
Suzuko-P
Too many PP here :P
Exro-P
Congratulation!Finally it was ranked though Gravity is a ETmap D: :oops:
Euny
여기가 역사의 한순간이냨ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 완랭 축하해
Neryungri
Congrats on marriage!
Outlaww
Grats chicken ;3
Pianissimo
fucking crazy
Ovoui
:)
Ikaros-
I do not really enjoy your map, and I do not like your mapping style overall,and I
feel like this should not be ranked, but

Congratulations !
croye_old
este mapa es el DIABLO PURO :cry: :cry: :)
puxtu
Fontes

puxtu wrote:

sugoi..
LastExceed
Its been one and a half years now, I've improved enough to go from "cant pass extra" to "92.5% on gravity" and I still can't wrap my head around how such an unrivaled garbage map got ranked.