forum

Gorillaz - Feel Good, Inc. (My first beatmap)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tapdancingmetroid
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, November 15, 2007 at 8:40:39 PM

Artist: Gorillaz
Title: Feel Good, Inc.
BPM: 138.5
Filesize: 3742kb
Play Time: 03:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. easy (1.72 stars, 199 notes)
  2. Normal (3.35 stars, 296 notes)
Download: Gorillaz - Feel Good, Inc.
---------------
Hi. :)
This is my first beatmap, and I'd like to know what you think.

(by the way, I'm not a fan of the song, but I asked my brother what song I should do and this was the first thing he said. -_-)
Loginer
The timing is great, and you have done a good beatmap overall. The things you could do to improve the beatmap, is to add breaks to big areas in the timeline without any beats, like 2:35:68 to 2:41:21. You should also move some beats closer to each other, and make an easy version of the beatmap.
Topic Starter
Tapdancingmetroid

Loginer wrote:

The timing is great, and you have done a good beatmap overall. The things you could do to improve the beatmap, is to add breaks to big areas in the timeline without any beats, like 2:35:68 to 2:41:21. You should also move some beats closer to each other, and make an easy version of the beatmap.
Thanks for the help. :)
I didn't even see the break feature untill you pointed it out.... ;)
and I added an easy version. :mrgreen:
eyup
*rescues from the jaws of the second page*

Nice song choice - we need more funk in the house. Timing is pretty good also. Only thing is the beat spacing - it's perfect in parts but then non existent in others? This is especially important in the Easy version - newer players would prefer more intuitive beat spacing. See if you can look into this. Almost ready for ranking though!
Topic Starter
Tapdancingmetroid
I edited the beat spacing. :)
Is it good now?
eyup
I can tell there's an improvement, but overall there's no consistent feel to the beat spacing at all. e.g. sometimes for beats that are 1/2-beat apart, they are right next to each other, and other times they are halfway across the screen from each other. Whilst repositioning a note, try holding down the Alt key - it gives you a rough idea of what distance to leave. At the moment I get very confused as to when to click.

Everything else with the map is fine though!
Extor
Yep, I agree with eyup. Apart from the spacing, the timing and the usage of circles/spinners/sliders is perfect.

Great work!
Topic Starter
Tapdancingmetroid

Extor wrote:

Yep, I agree with eyup. Apart from the spacing, the timing and the usage of circles/spinners/sliders is perfect.

Great work!
Thanks. :)
I'll get to work on that right now! :D
pieman202
Thank you for the great beatmap it was really fun to play :D
Topic Starter
Tapdancingmetroid
I changed it again.
If there are still problems with the beat spacing, could you give me the exact time that they occur?

Also, thanks for the positive feedback Pieman. :)
Extor
Ok, here are the parts with some beat spacing problems. (Normal version)

0:51:50 - There are notes at the same time but different distance.
0:58:86 - Here you change the overall spacing and make some notes with a bit more distance with less time between them, you should make the space like the rest of the song.
1:05:14 - On this one, you can see that the "2" and "3" are at the same time like "3" and the first one of the other combo, but they have different spacing and before that you have 2 beats in the same place with a higher time between them.

The easy version has the same problem at 0:51:50.

And thats all, I don't see any problems with the rest of it. (I think)

Cya!
Topic Starter
Tapdancingmetroid
Ok, I'm pretty sure I fixed everything you mentioned. :)
I hope there aren't any more problems... D:
Extor
Ok, that's all. I approve this one. *Waits for another approval*

Great job! =D
Topic Starter
Tapdancingmetroid
Thanks! :D
awp
Now, I'd say medium's ready for ranks. But, the note spacing on Easy can easily throw you off. One example starts at 1:54. It starts off just fine, but then bam, at 2:02, the next note is overlapping the note you just hit, but it's 2.5 beats away. Normally this isn't critical but there's both a constant vocal and musical track you're going with, so instinct is to go with the flow. From 2:03, the slider ends and flows nicely to the next slider placed right beside it, and that slider leads nicely to a third slider, but there's an extra one-beat pause in between these two notes that'll, again, throw you off. I believe this happens again later in the song, so you might want to revise Easy with this in mind.

I don't think you need to touch medium though.
chan
Regarding the easy beatmap, at 2:12:44, that beat seems either unsnapped or very unusual. I think you should try to snap this to the nearest half beat. It`s a pretty minor thing but for a beginner this can be a bit disruptive.

Whilst I`m pretty sure most beginners could pass the easy version, I found the timing on off-beats a bit difficult to follow. To me it didn`t feel very intuitive. I don`t know the song that well, but unless these beats were following the vocals or some kind of lead instrument, I`d personally prefer beats to not be off-beat, or at least include the first beat of the bar (at least for the easy version).

Well, that`s me trying to be pedantic. I can`t say I have any strong objections to the easy beatmap, I think the timing is fine, the beats are placed sensibly enough and by my beginner standards, it is passable. For a first effort this is a very good standard.
Topic Starter
Tapdancingmetroid
Ok, It should be updated (I hope)
will it work if I upload the file and don't make a forum post?
peppy

Tapdancingmetroid wrote:

You should submit using the new upload system (File > Upload Beatmap). It should find this post and update it after you submit. Make sure you choose "Force .osz upload" this time around - since you are updating an existing thread that was using the old system.
Topic Starter
Tapdancingmetroid

peppy wrote:

Tapdancingmetroid wrote:

You should submit using the new upload system (File > Upload Beatmap). It should find this post and update it after you submit. Make sure you choose "Force .osz upload" this time around - since you are updating an existing thread that was using the old system.
Oh, OK. I was worried it would create an entirely new topic.
Anyway, I uploaded it. :)
eyup
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Tapdancingmetroid
Thanks! :)
(waits for other mods)
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Alieax
Wow, Really good map, I like the song choice. :]
CowNoseThe50PoundCat
Denial
This map sucks !
Mashley
We know, play the other feel good inc
Kecco
I love this song <3
Map <.<
Birdy
Yeah, not the best map and song quality is sad ;__;

Yeah I'll go play the other version of this song.
Backfire

2nnt wrote:

Yeah, not the best map and song quality is sad ;__;

Yeah I'll go play the other version of this song.
bumpbumpbump
show more