forum

osu!Modern Skin 「v2.00」

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xishiora

About The Release

Hello fellow osu! players~ This will be my first ever skin creation and release, oh...as well as my first forum post!
This skin is for osu! Standard and Catch the Beat and supports 16:9 Standard/High Definition.

That aside, this skin as my first creation, I definitely must say this was a lot of fun to create, though time consuming!
I created this skin in order to make an appealing skin to look at for the eye, and a more current look compared to the default osu! skin.

The time I spent making this must have been a couple of months. I don't keep track of time xD....
I had several inspirations to this design.... The skins it was inspired by were:
  1. -cherryglow- design skin by Falbere some pieces actually borrowed.
  2. SameSkinButNoRingHitCirclesWeirdNamev3 from Shigetora / Cookiezi's Skin Compilation - this was the base of my skin design!~
  3. A bit of osu!next inspiration as well.
Important To Note: I asked for permission and it was agreed to! So if any elements look familiar, it is likely I re-used some elements~ Design is subject to change, though currently it will be like this. However!.... Many elements were created by me, so do not worry, I am not trying to pass off a skin mix!

About the elements of the skin a majority of the images are created by me, however, the hitsounds and a few other things are from the skins I listed above.
And so... Cheers!~ Hope you enjoy my skin design. ^^

Changelog

Click Here To Expand
September 13th, 2016 「v2.00」
  1. Updated the rest of the skin elements to include HD counterparts
  2. Added Target Mod Icon | selection-mod-target(@2x).png
  3. Decreased cursor's size. (You may find the larger cursors in addons.)
  4. Skinned Catch the Beat completely.
    (To be honest, this might be my laziest skinning... there wasn't much to create for CtB, it was mostly re-using what I created before.)
  5. Style Update for Mod Icons (Comparison)
  6. Style Update for Circles (Comparison)
  7. Changed Positioning of Pause Menu Buttons.
  8. Style Update for Scorebar (Comparison)
  9. Style Update for the selection bar elements (Comparison)
    Added an area for scorebar where it says "Player HP Bar", will later include an add-on (PSD file) for players to add their usernames in that position.
  10. Style Update for Ranking Letters.
  11. Replaced/Created design for scorebar-ki(@2x).png, scorebar-kidanger(@2x).png, scorebar-kidanger2(@2x).png
  12. Overhauled menu-button-background(@2x).png design. New design was created for it
  13. Changed the mode icons to their osu!next style.
  14. Added a style to inputoverlay-background(@2x).png instead of a 1x1 pixel image.
July 21st, 2016 「v1.05」
  1. Recreated a lot of skin elements in order to give High Definition skin support.
  2. Slight design update for ranking-panel(@2x).png
  3. Changed pause-back(@2x).png, pause-continue(@2x).png, pause-replay(@2x).png, and pause-retry(@2x).png to show a fading out effect rather than a solid backing to its design.
June 3rd, 2016 「v1.00」
  1. Initial Release

Menu Screenshots 「v2.00」

Click here for Screenshots
Main Menu Screen

Song Select

Mod Selection Menu

Score/Results Screen

Pause Screen

Fail Screen

Standard Mode Screenshots 「v2.00」

Single Note Circles

Sliders

Spinner

Section Pass

Section Fail

Gameplay Warnings

Skip Button

Catch the Beat Screenshots 「v2.00」

Catcher

Gameplay/Fruits

Spinner

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION OF SKIN (.osk) 「v2.00」

gdrive | puush

Previous Version Downloads
osu!Modern Version 1.05
Google Drive | Puush

osu!Modern Version 1.00
Google Drive | Puush

ADDONS

Here are some add-ons for changing the skin's looks around some bit~

Cursors
Yellow Cursor v2
Small: Google Drive | Puush
Large: Google Drive | Puush

Purple Cursor
Small: Google Drive | Puush
Large: Google Drive | Puush
nat2011
waiting to see more modes in this skin
Topic Starter
Xishiora

nat2011 wrote:

waiting to see more modes in this skin
I hope to skin the rest of the osu! modes eventually, however, I do not play modes other than standard often :( ...
DeletedUser_5715021
Nice skin. I'll wait for new versions. Good job! :D
Topic Starter
Xishiora

inggod wrote:

Nice skin. I'll wait for new versions. Good job! :D
Thank you! :)
xasuma
it would be nice if there were a few other color options for the outline of the sliders. Not a big fan of the purple . Other than that its pretty awesome :D

edit: the retry button in the score screen is too long to the left. the clickable area takes the whole screen to the left of the button
Topic Starter
Xishiora

xasuma wrote:

it would be nice if there were a few other color options for the outline of the sliders. Not a big fan of the purple . Other than that its pretty awesome :D

edit: the retry button in the score screen is too long to the left. the clickable area takes the whole screen to the left of the button
For sliders you may find the slider border color to be changeable in the skin.ini found in the folder of the skin.
To change the slider border find it in the [Colours] section and there should be something similar to this:
[Colours]
SliderBorder: 255,255,255 //This is for white border in RGB
Though by default removing the SliderBorder line entirely will make the slider border color white.

Unfortunately the retry button is unable to be positioned to where it is in the pause screen currently unless the image is stretched as wide as it is now :(
Otherwise it wouldn't have such a wide click area... I am unsure of any ways to fix that problem. :?

Also thank you for calling my skin awesome~ :)
softhusky
getting tired of these mixed skins
Topic Starter
Xishiora

SkyLifeHope wrote:

As I said in the original post, this is not meant to be a skin mix and the design is subject to change. :| ...
Bara-

SkyLifeHope wrote:

He got permission, it's fine this way

OT: This skin is pretty O.o
I like it
Topic Starter
Xishiora

Bara- wrote:

SkyLifeHope wrote:

He got permission, it's fine this way

OT: This skin is pretty O.o
I like it
Aha, thanks, I'm glad you think its pretty. :)
Underforest
The skin is nice, indeed, pretty.
Heart'd
Topic Starter
Xishiora

Underforest wrote:

The skin is nice, indeed, pretty.
Heart'd

Oh~ Thank you~
_DT3
Love it! :)
Topic Starter
Xishiora

TurtleStuffs wrote:

Love it! :)
Glad you love it. :D
mizuki-chan
Its a decent skin with no big distractions. Thx for sharing
Topic Starter
Xishiora

mizuki-chan wrote:

Its a decent skin with no big distractions. Thx for sharing
No problem~ :)
Sulfur
Great skin, thanks for sharing
Topic Starter
Xishiora

Su1fu7 wrote:

Great skin, thanks for sharing
Glad you think its great.
And no problem~ :)
Ehui_old
Awesome skin! very modern
Topic Starter
Xishiora

Ehui wrote:

Awesome skin!1 <3
Thanks for calling it awesome. :)
Hakj3r
The "retry" button on results screen is way too wide... goes through the whole window...

Great skin overall though
Topic Starter
Xishiora

vietnam13231 wrote:

The "retry" button on results screen is way too wide... goes through the whole window...

Thanks for the feedback. Someone else mentioned the wideness of the retry button on the screen as well.
If I were to change the wideness of the retry button, it would affect the style of pause screen due to a limitation which I can't avoid from osu!'s placement of skin elements.
Though, currently I'm underway on trying to update the skin even more. So I'll try to keep that in mind.

(I guess the pause screen's layout may change xD... Also glad you think my skin is great.)
Hakj3r

Xishiora wrote:

vietnam13231 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Someone else mentioned the wideness of the retry button on the screen as well.
If I were to change the wideness of the retry button, it would affect the style of pause screen due to a limitation which I can't avoid from osu!'s placement of skin elements.
Though, currently I'm underway on trying to update the skin even more. So I'll try to keep that in mind.

(I guess the pause screen's layout may change xD... Also glad you think my skin is great.)
Hmmm? ... Och, they deleted that skin element... ranking-retry button... damn...
Well, since that's the case, I guess there is a need to accept that...
Topic Starter
Xishiora

osu!Modern Skin Update 「v1.05」

Here is the High Definition Support Update!... I have not touched on everything just yet!...
...though in the future release I will have every skin element to be in HD. I'd say around 80% of the skin is HD now~

Changelog:
I am so slow at updating xD........

Click Here to Expand
July 21st, 2016 「v1.05」
  1. Recreated about 80% of skin elements in order to give High Definition Skin Support.
  2. Slight design update for ranking-panel(@2x).png (Panel now has a slight shine/gloss effect on it.)
  3. Changed pause-back(@2x).png, pause-continue(@2x).png, pause-replay(@2x).png, and pause-retry(@2x).png to show a fading out effect rather than a solid backing to its design.

[ Luddish ]
Looks great :)
Topic Starter
Xishiora

Luddish wrote:

Looks great :)
Glad you think it looks great~ :)
Topic Starter
Xishiora

osu!Modern Skin Update 「v2.00」

Major Update!!!! Added Catch the Beat and a lot of style updates~

Changelog:

Click Here to Expand
September 13th, 2016 「v2.00」
  1. Updated the rest of the skin elements to include HD counterparts
  2. Added Target Mod Icon | selection-mod-target(@2x).png
  3. Decreased cursor's size.
  4. Skinned Catch the Beat completely.
    (To be honest, this might be my laziest skinning... there wasn't much to create for CtB, it was mostly re-using what I created before.)
  5. Style Update for Mod Icons (Comparison)
  6. Style Update for Circles (Comparison)
  7. Changed Positioning of Pause Menu Buttons.
  8. Style Update for Scorebar (Comparison)
  9. Style Update for the selection bar elements (Comparison)
    Added an area for scorebar where it says "Player HP Bar", will later include an add-on (PSD file) for players to add their usernames in that position.
  10. Style Update for Ranking Letters
  11. Replaced/Created design for scorebar-ki(@2x).png, scorebar-kidanger(@2x).png, scorebar-kidanger2(@2x).png
  12. Overhauled menu-button-background(@2x).png design. New design was created for it
  13. Changed the mode icons to their osu!next style.
  14. Added a style to inputoverlay-background(@2x).png instead of a 1x1 pixel image.

New Menu Screenshots

Song Select

Mod Selection Menu

Score/Results Screen

Pause Screen

Fail Screen

New Standard Mode Screenshots

Barely any changes were made in standard mode, but, here are the new screenshots anyway~

Single Note Circles

Sliders

Spinner

Section Pass

Section Fail

Gameplay Warnings

Skip Button

New Catch the Beat Screenshots

Catcher

Gameplay/Fruits