forum

Poll 34: What's your favorite non-rhythm game genre?

posted
Total Posts

What's your favorite non-rhythm game genre?

FPS
15.34%
RPG
25.24%
MMO
14.70%
ARPG/Hack and Slash
6.39%
RTS
3.51%
MOBA
6.71%
Puzzle/Platforming
14.06%
Casual (CCG, Mobile, PAD etc.)
6.07%
Other
7.99%
Total votes: 313
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Nyquill
Even though a fair amount of our players consider rhythm games to be their game genre of choice (and understandbly so!), there are plenty of members of the community that play our wonderful little game as something on the side. Whether or not you fancy yourself an exclusive rhythm gamer, we want to know what your favorite non-rhythm game video game genre is!

Feel free to share with us what games you play the most outside of osu! The results of this poll will be featured in the last (or first) weekly of the month.
Halogen-
Man, choosing a single thing here is incredibly difficult when you dabble in so little within each genre. It's even tougher when some of those games have genre overlaps according to this poll. I've always been someone who loves FPS games, though I've only recently gained an interest in the competitive world of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, haha. Still haven't been able to play competitive yet, but hopefully I'll be getting there in the near future.

FPS gets my vote.
---------------_old_1
RPG, used to be MMO but now a lot of games is too focus on P2W
Endaris

Halogen- wrote:

Man, choosing a single thing here is incredibly difficult when you dabble in so little within each genre. It's even tougher when some of those games have genre overlaps according to this poll.
Aye ;_;

I ended up with RPG but dang, Puzzle-Games and ARPG can be so damn good too. Not to mention that a few MMORPGs include all of these elements to a nice degree.
Natsu
FPS :)
HappyRocket88
Puzzle/Platforming ♥
Yuudachi-kun
RPG/MMO
Seijiro
If I have to choose, RPG surely wins, followed up by some platform games
-[C R A Z Y]-
MMO and RPG... But my vote is for RPG
razavana
No eroge option, this poll is invalid....
Angvite
FPS :V
Underforest
FPS and RPG mainly
Yuzeyun
is "speedrunning furry games" a genre
Halogen-

_Gezo_ wrote:

is "speedrunning furry games" a genre
...requesting clarification. ;o
Xyrus_old_1

Halogen- wrote:

Man, choosing a single thing here is incredibly difficult when you dabble in so little within each genre. It's even tougher when some of those games have genre overlaps according to this poll.
Yup, really wish more than one option was available. I suppose I've played more RPGs than anything else, but I play a wide variety of games in general.
Topic Starter
Nyquill
What are you two talking about? You could always pick more than one option >.>
Rurree
FPS probably.
Sonnyc
Casual (HCG)
Lanturn
RPGs. More specifically, JRPGs.
Ender Lain
Usually: MMO/RPG/FPS

Sometimes: Puzzle/Mystery
PakaChan
Fruit catching, does that count? :D
Halogen-

Nyquill wrote:

STOP EDITING YOUR POST AAAAAAA

seriously i'd have chosen like 3 or 4 of these, but it's too late now ;__;
_DT3
Casual, Puzzle and RPG :)
Aqo
how is fighting games not an option

the FGC is larger than most of those
Topic Starter
Nyquill

Halogen- wrote:

Nyquill wrote:

STOP EDITING YOUR POST AAAAAAA

seriously i'd have chosen like 3 or 4 of these, but it's too late now ;__;
you can revote

Aqo wrote:

how is fighting games not an option

the FGC is larger than most of those
good question, I forgot about the fgc because it so closely relates to rhythm games here LOL
Ayesha Altugle

Lanturn wrote:

RPGs. More specifically, JRPGs.
Kimitakari
*deleted*
Kimitakari
FPS/MMO/RPG and Hack and Slash.
Nothing special.
(Phone got glitched so its double posted for no reason im sorry)
Runiel
I used to Play a lot of FPS and MMOs

But now that most of them are Pay2W, i retaliate to Rhythm games Instead.
mizuki-chan
fantasy rpgs , JRPGs are the top tier
Mehul
FPS ftw
pufflehuff_old
I like RPGs and puzzle games but... Rhythm will always be my number 1. I mostly play osu! and Love Live! but back in the day I used to play DDR... That's what got me hooked. I've played jubeat at a few conventions I've been to, and I really like that. I mostly play osu! in between events on Love Live, or during events when I'm not tiering. I might drop osu! for a bit to tier for Riko on JP...
BlakTigeress
i like a whole lot of game genres but my absolute favs are rpg, fps (just halo), puzzles, and of course music/rhythm games.
Niko-nyan
i like MMO (might be RPG too but sometimes i don't like RPG), Puzzle ( this game is good for your brain ) and ofc rhythm game is my genre of the life. Because i played rhythm game from 2007 (first game : Audition and O2Jam for online games)

Fun Fact when i tried O2Jam : My cousin (older than me) played O2Jam on lv 22 song but he failed ............................ BUT I did it in 1st try but i died at the end of the song. :C

and also i tried taiko on PS2 somehow i forgot when is it and don't forget about DDR :3 (unlocked all the songs tho for 3th and 5th mix) :D
pkhg
eroge
Meseki
Fighting games are probably my favorite, though I haven't spent as much time with them due to having a terrible computer and not having the right consoles.

Shoot-em-ups would maybe come after that, but I don't practice those enough, and a potentially 20+ minute session being totally ruined by a mistake or few can get annoying.

I also like platformers, though my preference is toward action platformers over puzzle platformers. I'd like to do speedruns, but I'd need to actually be able to beat the games first (and/or have more motivation).

Puzzle games can be okay, though I'd probably rather spend the time improving in something else.
I'm bad at FPSes, and if I recall correctly, dying in one shot isn't highly uncommon.
RPGs are long (so I forget the story when I stop playing for a while) and don't necessarily have active gameplay to the degree of my preferred genres.
MMOs are too liable to ruin things for people who want to play a game that getting better is most important (at least in my experience) through pay-to-win, random obtaining of characters through cash currency, and/or catering too much to casuals to the point of ruining things for those willing to try/learn.
ARPG/Hack and Slash games might have too much button mashing and/or too little depth, but I'm not actually sure I've played many of them.
I'm not good at RTS/MOBA games, since I'm not good at quickly responding to a lot of things or forming complex strategies; I typically prefer having control of only one character in real-time games, as opposed to multi-tasking.
I do not play Casual games, because they typically are not about improving your gameplay skill.
I Play Moba games Yeh :p
HTTkeion
rpg
Mafumafu
O V E R W A T C H
show more