forum

best keyboard for mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wayfeng
Currently looking for a better keyboard to play mania on since my crappy laptop has one of the worst keys to play mania on.
my price range is between $80-$150, i'm talking Australian Dollar
Any suggestions?
Halogen-
I am not sure how you will accommodate for shipping costs being in Australia, but I'll make a personal recommendation for the Corsair K70. I've been using it with brown switches and have had some pretty great success with regards to both speed and stamina.

However, at the end of the day, it's highly dependent on your current playing situation. What are you currently using? How do your fingers hit the keyboard? Do you want something that has a very clear, tactile release? This is going to change the consideration of the switch you get.
Aqo
https://www.amazon.co.uk/A4-Tech-KV-300 ... B00BMD8JN4

kind of regret not buying more of this keyboard looks like they stopped manufacturing it
Flanster

Aqo wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/A4-Tech-KV-300H-SLIM-Keyboard/dp/B00BMD8JN4

kind of regret not buying more of this keyboard looks like they stopped manufacturing it
dude wth I use that LOL
im in love with it tbh
Yuudachi-kun
CM Quickfire Ultimate
gintoki147
+1 CoolerMaster
I don't know about QuickFire Ultimate, but I have the XTi version with brown switches and I love it
Xiz
I have a g105

Don't use a g105
Aqo

Flanster wrote:

Aqo wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/A4-Tech-KV-300H-SLIM-Keyboard/dp/B00BMD8JN4

dude wth I use that LOL
im in love with it tbh
o/

must secretly be the best keyboard

Topic Starter
Wayfeng

Halogen- wrote:

I am not sure how you will accommodate for shipping costs being in Australia, but I'll make a personal recommendation for the Corsair K70. I've been using it with brown switches and have had some pretty great success with regards to both speed and stamina.

However, at the end of the day, it's highly dependent on your current playing situation. What are you currently using? How do your fingers hit the keyboard? Do you want something that has a very clear, tactile release? This is going to change the consideration of the switch you get.
Thanks this keyboard sounds and looks great! its $200 from the nearest tech supplier but i might be able to raise the price :')

Well i'm using a laptop and its keyboard is not that great because i can't really hit jacks a lot using the keys on my laptop its quite slow also. Its a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga11e and its specs are very disappointing for its price.

And thanks everyone for their suggestions, i might consider the CM STORM QUICKFIRE ULTIMATE.
Halogen-
I can also vouch for CM Storm, I had their blue switch model for the Quickfire TK - it's a very durable keyboard and is certainly a good entry-level mech.
Topic Starter
Wayfeng

Halogen- wrote:

I can also vouch for CM Storm, I had their blue switch model for the Quickfire TK - it's a very durable keyboard and is certainly a good entry-level mech.
Well they have blue switches which i'm not a huge fan of because they are loud but is there a way to customize what cherry you want on your keyboards?
I've also heard of the Cherry MX Speed does any keyboard have those switches? They sound VERY nice!
DW10
What keyswitches are you looking for?
Topic Starter
Wayfeng

DW10 wrote:

It be cool to have a keyboard with Cherry MX Speed but i'm looking for a cherry thats quiet, i'm not a fan of loud and clicky keyboards
Rurree

Wayfeng wrote:

DW10 wrote:

It be cool to have a keyboard with Cherry MX Speed but i'm looking for a cherry thats quiet, i'm not a fan of loud and clicky keyboards
Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB is the only one with Cherry MX Speed switches, quite expensive though.
Topic Starter
Wayfeng
Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB is the only one with Cherry MX Speed switches, quite expensive though.
Its fine though its like around $170 near my local tech supplier so it could be fine :')
Aqo

Wayfeng wrote:

i'm looking for a cherry thats quiet
you need to change your expectations then

mech

quiet

pick one
Yuudachi-kun
If you play without keycaps them reds are quiet
Jinjin
Laptop Key Masterrace
Suzuko-P

iJinjin wrote:

Laptop Key Masterrace

lol xD
Topic Starter
Wayfeng

iJinjin wrote:

Laptop Key Masterrace
Lololol xD
Soul Evans
hmmm
Soul Evans
I'll tell you what each switch are and what they do:

Black : They have a medium to high actuation force, at 60 cN, which means they are the stiffest of the four most common Cherry switches. ( not mania friendly)

Red : They have a low actuation force, at 45 cN – tied to brown in AF are the lightest of the four, it's also the quietest of the four giving no loud feedback

Brown : like the red, it has a low actuation force, at 45- cN ,the switch is a good middle-of-the-road option appropriate for both typing and playing They are also ideal for typing in office environments.

Blue : is the most common clicky switch Blue switches are favoured by typists due to their tactile bump and audible click, but can be less suitable for gaming as the weighting is relatively high – 50 cN – and it is a bit harder to double tap, as the release point is above the actuation point. Blue switches are noticeably louder than other mechanical switches, which are already louder than rubber domes, they also are good for accuracy (as i heard)

So for you, i think you'd be good with a Red switch, lighter, doesn't make sound so great for mania.
Knit_old_1
your keyboard in most cases literally does not matter for vsrg

at all

as long as your keyboard can press as many buttons that you need it too (ie being to hit 7 buttons when playing 7k) then in like 99.999% of cases for vsrg it will not matter.
Ayaya

Knit wrote:

at all

as long as your keyboard can press as many buttons that you need it too (ie being to hit 7 buttons when playing 7k) then in like 99.999% of cases for vsrg it will not matter.
It doesn't matter if you're a casual but of you want to get the slight advantage then the type of keyboard does matter.

You want the keyboard to be responsive while at the same time being a certain amount of force needed for the press to register.
Topic Starter
Wayfeng

Knit wrote:

at all

The laptop i has can only press 5 keys :P
snoverpk_old
get brown switches
Soul Evans

snoverpk wrote:

get brown switches
I'd prefer reds tbh, it's more quite
lemonguy

Jinjin wrote:

Laptop Key Masterrace
I may be one of the few people to agree lol
Soul Evans
I use laptop keys aswell, ahaha it's worked solid for me, halogen use to use a laptop keyboard too! and has really solid scores on them, so laptop keyboards can actually be as good as mechs i think.
lenpai
coming from a laptop kb user, mx reds are alrady really noisy for me D:

so yeah as previously said,

quiet

mech

choose one

however, there are o-rings. Dunno how much they reduce noise though.
Yuudachi-kun
Play without keys and hit directly on the switches like me
Topic Starter
Wayfeng

Khelly wrote:

WTF...
Yuudachi-kun

Wayfeng wrote:

Khelly wrote:

WTF...
What

SPOILER
Here I recorded the opening of kaguyahime from 4k 8th dan cause it's fun and I can at least 94% this section (Also I wanted to see what it looked like)

PhanHieu
I don't know the best keybroad to play osu mania
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
4 years, nice
show more