forum

osu! meetup - Featuring yyy, Natteke, happy30, and Dangaard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh
Hey there guys. Some of you might know me, but most of you probably do not. I am an old mapper from osu! (2008-2012) so older users may remember me. Anyway, throughout my time here osu! I got to meet and worked with some of the coolest people. Recently, I took a trip to Germany to visit some family and took this chance to meet some of my good friends on osu!, Natteke, happy30, and Dangaard. I've known and worked on maps with Natteke and happy30 for many years now, and I've known Dangaard for a long time as well, though I've never mapped with him. So when I told them I was coming to Germany, we all decided to meet up for a weekend. We spent the weekend at Japan Day and Phantasialand. I took some pictures and thought I would share them with you all! I'm not a professional photographer or anything but hopefully you can enjoy them.

Day 1:

I arrived in Germany at 7:00 AM. After dropping off my bags at my uncles, I went over to the Airbnb that we were all staying at. Here are a few pictures of the apartment we stayed at.

From there we headed to Japan Day, a Japanese cultural festival that took place in Dusseldorf, Germany. I don't have any pictures of the event at the main area in Dusseldorf (it was way too crowded) but we went to the Japanese temple. Here a few photos from there including a group photo.

From left to right: Natteke, happy30, yeahyeahyeahhh, Dangaard, Random German dude

Natteke playing on a Koto

Another group photo, Dangaard, yyy, Natteke, happy30

At the end of the night we went to go watch the fireworks, they were awesome.

Day 2:

We woke up pretty early to head to Phantasialand, an amusement park in Brühl. We had an interesting time getting there...

We waiting in Cologne for 30 mins on the train because there was some guy standing on the tracks..

That ended up making us miss our connecting bus, so we had to walk the rest of the way (about 3 km/2 miles I believe) since Germany bus schedule on Sundays is awful and the next bus didn't come for a few hours...

But in the end we finally made it!

Natteke wasn't a fan of the water rides and his boy band hair

Here are some ride photos, Dangaard wasn't phased by any rides what so ever lol

I owned Natteke in this game ride

At the end of the day we ended up going out to eat at a really good burger place in Dusseldorf called What's Beef. I flew across the Atlantic for a god damn burger.

And that was about it. It was a short but sweet meeting. I've known these guys for about 6-8 years now, and I was so happy to finally meet them. We unfortunately didn't have anytime to do some kinda of mapping there, but that can always be done online ;) If you want to see the rest of the photos I'll link the album below as long as a bonus video.
https://imgur.com/a/zpbg5

Bonus Video: Natteke playing Koto
http://puu.sh/pf8Sl/b2851b4018.mp4

EDIT:
Another Bonus Video, happy30, natteke, and dangaard met the day before I came. They went to a music shop where happy30 played his own song!
Bara-
Always nice to know what certain osu players look like
It looks like you had a nice time ^_^
Surono
lool
dem, n Now I saw the real cool dudes bestanikiossshhh
Dangaard
It was a nice time with you! And even if Düsseldorf is only 30km away from my home, it was a little vacation for me. :D
marshallracer
I would've loved to meet you guys, especially yyy as I could've had time and if it wasn't for university I would've come gladly over to Solingen

Maybe next time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TicClick
I approve of this.
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

marshallracer wrote:

I would've loved to meet you guys, especially yyy as I could've had time and if it wasn't for university I would've come gladly over to Solingen

Maybe next time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I would've loved to have met more people. We wanted to meet up with the other people from osu! at Japan Day, but things didn't quite worked out (poor planning lol). But I definitely will be making more trips to Germany to visit family!
Stefan
I saw your pictures already on twitter, just had no chance to talk with you in osu!. Looks like you guys had tons of fun. :P
deadbeat
we need more of these meet-up stories. they're always so much fun to read up about
Stefan

deadbeat wrote:

we need more of these meet-up stories. they're always so much fun to read up about
Luckily it's sommer time soon, which means I plan to go to the GamesCom and meet half of #german, the AniNite where I meet the whole austrian osu!community and serbia where I probably meet Aomi and Ono - in case he's around the area I am. So I'd have some content ready soon. :P
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Stefan wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

Luckily it's sommer time soon, which means I plan to go to the GamesCom and meet half of #german, the AniNite where I meet the whole austrian osu!community and serbia where I probably meet Aomi and Ono - in case he's around the area I am. So I'd have some content ready soon. :P
I believe natteke and Dangaard were interested in GameCom (I could be wrong?)
Stefan

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

I believe natteke and Dangaard were interested in GameCom (I could be wrong?)
it's all about a question of communication if we gonna see us. :P because it's barely possible to meet someone randomly there.
Ayesha Altugle
Wow, good for you guys! I wish I can meet at least a person who plays this game, I don't have any.
OnosakiHito
I can just say it again: It was a pitty we couldn't meet. But maybe next time! Btw. funny pictures you guys have hahaha
Mogsy
Always nice to see cool old folks hanging out! Glad you all had a good time.
xsrsbsns
nice :D
xierbaliti
:O
Nyquill
is this old people thread holy
Kao
old thread people...
people thread old?
...thread people old.
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh