forum

Hardware - keyboard/tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nokium
Hi guys, I have a question for you, what is more important for being better at Osu? Mechanical keyboard or graphical tablet? What should I buy first?
Bauxe
Current rank 4 uses a mouse.

A bunch of people who have been in the top 5 have used rubber dome keyboards.

So neither are important for being good at osu!, you shouldn't even be considering the investment at your rank.
KupcaH
Most important is to play more.
Topic Starter
Nokium
Thanks for advices, but I still want to know what is more useful in your opinion.
Jukkii
neither. its a matter of what you need.
if you can tap fine but dont like aiming with mouse get the tablet
if you can aim with mouse but cant tap for shit get the keyboard
Rurree
osu! wise both are equally important. It's just a matter of what you think needs more help, your aim, or your accuracy.

Personally, as someone who doesn't care much about standard, I'd pick the keyboard as it can still be used in everyday life. Mechanical keyboards are significantly better than rubber domes after all.
Bauxe

Rurree wrote:

osu! wise both are equally important.
Please never post here again.

@op re-read my post, there is your answer.
Rurree
In terms of importance, they're equal. I'm not implying that they're needed in the game, obviously? Seeing as how people like Wilchq who has used both rubberdome and mouse.

Oh, sorry. I posted again.
Xyrus_old_1

Rurree wrote:

osu! wise both are equally important. It's just a matter of what you think needs more help, your aim, or your accuracy.
You improve these things by playing more, at best, upgrading your equipment will give you a small boost in performance. unless you're like me and starting playing this game with a mouse so old it had a BALL instead of a sensor.

@OP

Don't bother switching to tablet unless you're sure you would prefer playing with a tablet. Don't bother getting a mechanical keyboard unless you hate the feel of a rubberdome. As Bauxe has already pointed out, you can easily get into the top20 with a cheap mouse and rubberdome if you're good enough, i.e. WilchQ tablets and mechanical keyboards are just preferences.

If you do want both of these things and can only afford one, then ask yourself "is my mouse / keyboard outdated / defective?". If one of them is beyond using, replace that one first, otherwise, just ask yourself which one you enjoy using the most and get that.
Rurree
That's what I meant.
Dexus
Your keyboard is something you can maybe replace down the line with something you feel is more effective as you can do everything with a rubber dome, scissor switch, mechanical keyboard, etc. Mouse and Tablet are different playstyles, so one is not better than the other. However there's nothing wrong with picking up a cheap tablet just to see if you're more comfortable on it instead of using a mouse.
cronker
I main mania so the keyboard, also you shouldn't need a graphics tablet to play better in osu... just practice.