forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ciunek
I have my own 4-5 people crew, s-sorry! Probably maining GS again, or maybe I'll learn hammer on 4U enough to not suck balls with it when X is out. Or maybe be a Nice Roman with Gunlance... too many choices.
PyaKura
Honestly there is so many choices you'd missing out if you were to stick to only one or two weapon types, even if you have not reached endgame yet. I mained GS in p3rd and 4U so I thought it was time for a change. SA was a blast overall with the 4 styles and LS never felt good to me until I got a taste of Bushido/Adept style. I'm now learning CB as I have never touched it before, and I'm enjoying every single second I'm playing with it. Next I'm planning on learning Bow or toy around with Lance... although to be honest I kinda want to get proficient with every weapon at this point.
-Maus-
I'm just gonna stick with HBG master race, duh
PyaKura
HBG is STRONGer than ever. And I mean it. Those hunter arts...
-Maus-
I know an Asian HBG pro who solo'd Gogmazios with HBG, naked, on heroics. His comment on people using evasion skills:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I'm fine with evading. I can't stand being slow unless I have some sort of shield (and I'm not looking at HBG's siege mode or whatever it's called).
PyaKura
Bushido/Adept makes evading and counterattacking a piece of cake so it allows you to act a bit more recklessly and still get away just fine.

i.e.: Doing a lvl 3 GS charge and perfect evading instead of doing a lvl 2 to have time to sheathe your weapon and get away / Fireing more shots as a gunner only to evade at the last moment and continue to rain down the pain.
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

I'm fine with evading. I can't stand being slow unless I have some sort of shield (and I'm not looking at HBG's siege mode or whatever it's called).
Gud girl, siege mode isn't supposed to be used
-Maus-

Discuss.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Transformau5 wrote:

Discuss.
Name localizations. Why.
PyaKura
Yeah I'm probably going to keep using the JP names for the most part.
-Maus-
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Oy >_>
-Maus-
dun ban plox
-Maus-
Daily reminder: don't drive to the meme country.
Ciunek
I actually like monhan text localizations, mostly because the game isn't really focused on the story, so they can't screw it up much. Wonder what they'll do for MHGen.
Also if anyone missed last week's announcement, they changed Hororohoruru's name to Malfestio. Also just translated Nyanters to Prowlers, I was hoping for some cat styled name again, like with monhun 4u speech.
PyaKura
Some localized terms are a shame really, but I guess they do make sense for people who are not acquainted with japanese culture.

On a unrelated note, do you guys know anyone with knowledge about extracting game files (specifically, text strings to translate for MHO)? A bunch of guys and myself are planning to translate all the necessary stuff (as in not flavor texts and NPC talk) to play MHO for those who have 0 knowledge in mandarin.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Best, crossover, ever:

-Maus-
Ayy
Ciunek
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Can't wait to get the game \o/

EDIT: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/26/monster-hunter-stories-launching-japan-october-8-amiibo-figures/

I actually want one of those amiibo.
-Maus-
>not caring about the anime
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I'm worried that the animé will spoil the game is the thing...
-Maus-
Spoiler: You hun the mon
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/27/buy-monster-hunter-stories-japan-matters/

MAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WAIFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333
PyaKura
Hahaha way to sell the game multiple times to the same customers. Kinda reminds me of that moment when you gotta pick a starter in the Pokémon series, except that you've got a shitton more to choose from here lol.
-Maus-
You can buy MHGen demo for $4 on Humble Bundle or get it for free (Europe only) from the UK eShop. The demo will be globally released on June 31st.
Jinn
blademaster...
-Maus-
The MHGen demo is coming out on Thursday worldwide on Nintendo eShop
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
"Mounting from Monster Hunter 4 is returning. Terrain from maps in the previous games have included more ledges for mounting. However, mounting threshold has increased, making it generally harder to mount than in MH4, and monsters no longer receive any damage or receive status effects from any source as they are mounted; in turn, other hunter's attacks can no longer force dismount, and their attacks will assist in building up the monster's knockdown gauge."

Oh, thank goodness... (Yes, I'm just now noticing this.)
Ciunek
I like that feature, honestly. Also is it me, or even stagger treshhold is increased (in the demo at least)? Compared to 4U, I find it harder to flinch the monsters now.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I was pointing out the whole "hunters' attacks no longer force dismount" bit. That annoyed the hell outta me on MH4U ._.

As for your question: do you mean stun?
Ciunek
No, actual stun seems the same. I mean that sort of flinch effect after monsters take some high damage, like you stop their attacks sometimes with let's say, lv3 GS charge. That seems to be harder to do now, but again, that might be just me.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
PyaKura

Ciunek wrote:

No, actual stun seems the same. I mean that sort of flinch effect after monsters take some high damage, like you stop their attacks sometimes with let's say, lv3 GS charge. That seems to be harder to do now, but again, that might be just me.
That could be a thing. What's definitely sure though is it's a hell lot harder to mount monsters than it is in 4U. Looking back on it it's true that monsters tended to trip quite a lot whether it was due to mounting or just hitting the legs/whatever part made them trip. You have less of those huge dps windows opportunities is MHX.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
It's harder to mount monsters because of what I talked about a few posts ago: because the other hunters can now contribute in the knockdown instead of forcing dismount.

EDIT: http://myanimelist.net/anime/31631/Monster_Hunter_Stories__Ride_On

Ugh... I'm gonna be so pissed if the game doesn't come out overseas...
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So this is kinda important: with MHG coming out this Friday/Saturday, I wanted to know how many people here are getting it. If there's enough of you, would you guys be willing to join a Discord server (either one that's already created or one we make ourselves)?

Obviously, we don't HAVE to. It'd just seem easier to coordinate meetups and all.
Ciunek
Bought it, playing it, but I have a static 4/4 group already, rip.
-Maus-
Will buy it soon, eh
-Maus-
PSA: the translation team did drive to Meme Country after all
show more